PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem

kmtranter
11th January 2015, 12:47
I am starting to have a few problems with the electrical system in my car, it started with the computer starting to speak in german instead of english, and has now started to have problems locking i.e it gives the indication that a door is open when they are all shut, so has to be locked by key. Also when unlocking the indicator lights don't flash. Finally when indicating and having gone round the corner the indicator stick will return to its normal spot but the indicators will keep blinking for another 3 - 4 blinks before cancelling. I have checked the plenums and they are dry with no signs of flooding.

Greeners
11th January 2015, 12:49
If you've got the hiline system (which I'm assuming you have) check the wheel well in the boot for water

kmtranter
11th January 2015, 13:02
How do I know if I have the hiline unit?

Greeners
11th January 2015, 13:27
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/radio3hiline.jpg

looks like that

kmtranter
11th January 2015, 14:01
Ain't got the hiline system, also the wheel well in the boot is dry

SD1too
11th January 2015, 14:08
Hi Kevin,

I wonder whether you have a problem with the k-bus. This is the multiplex wiring which carries control signals to body-related equipment (rather than engine) on the car.

MarinaBrian is very knowledgeable in this area. Send him a PM and I'm sure that he'll contact you as soon as he can.

Simon

Evansabove
11th January 2015, 14:21
You could try the power off reset. Disconnect the battery terminal for 20 to 30mins, making sure you have the radio code if it needs one. This has cured a multitude of faults in the past.

HTH

John:new_year:

Greeners
11th January 2015, 14:31
I am starting to have a few problems with the electrical system in my car, it started with the computer starting to speak in german instead of english, .

No idea what speaks in your car then...:shrug::shrug:

klarzy
11th January 2015, 15:01
I am starting to have a few problems with the electrical system in my car, it started with the computer starting to speak in german instead of english, and has now started to have problems locking i.e it gives the indication that a door is open when they are all shut, so has to be locked by key. Also when unlocking the indicator lights don't flash. Finally when indicating and having gone round the corner the indicator stick will return to its normal spot but the indicators will keep blinking for another 3 - 4 blinks before cancelling. I have checked the plenums and they are dry with no signs of flooding.

k-bus issue... have you added anything like memory seats, FBH etc?

remove the battery _ terminal for a good 30 mins and tell us the results, then check for water in footwell on passenger side...

highline computer language is reset in the options

kmtranter
15th January 2015, 14:42
battery has been disconnected for a few hours, the language problem has been resolved, but now the key fob doesn't work at all, and to lock the car I have to use the door lock button in the car followed by locking the drivers door with the key.