PDA

View Full Version : Led bulbs 4 number plate

Stickman
11th January 2015, 14:25
I'm looking to replace the bulbs in the rear plinth on my tourer for led items
Anyone done this, where did ya get the bulbs and are they the same size as the festoon bulbs in the rear interior light also the light in the spare wheel well as I'd like to change those aswell ?
Must be getting blind in me ole age as I can't see nowt these days without lots of light :D
Regards
Chris

Mischief
11th January 2015, 15:40
I bought these: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121145833580

You have to make sure they go in the right way (if the don't work turn them round) I chose warm white as the pure white made it look like I had main beams on the back.

Coulsdon
11th January 2015, 16:21
be wary of buying cheap LED bulbs, i replaced 8 of the sidelight/side markers on my Sprinter, but despite being CANBUS ready, i still had the failed bulb warning on the dash, i tried fitting a resistor to the light fittings, but still got the warning, in the end, i changed back to the regular glass capsule bulbs

Mischief
11th January 2015, 16:24
I have never had an issue with mine :shrug:

pab
11th January 2015, 16:25
You are looking for 38mm festoon LED's. They have to be Canbus friendly.

I purchaced a pair for £1.99 in November 2012 and they are still going strong.

Tam
11th January 2015, 17:00
DON'T buy these! Bought them last week and get the dashboard warning! Change back to old bulb no warning! So will be for bin :devil:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111544607156?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Stickman
12th January 2015, 12:45
Thx guys :D
Regards
Chris

Doc Evil
12th January 2015, 21:25
Hi I got the Halford same bulbs not the cheap ones but about a tenner they are great loads of light and zenon colour
Doc

Delirious
13th January 2015, 01:31
Hi, I had the straight forward 3 led versions you can get off ebay, and ive just had to change them this week, they lasted about 9 months for me, but I constantly drive with my lights on (old habbit from working nights for years that i cant seem to break lol)mine suffered from overheating which distorted the board they sit on, so ive bought a more expensive set from ebay which were still only a few quid, with a heatsink on the back, which also supports the board, I personally would look for ones like that, im sure they will last years