PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad Sensor Broken?

sam2909
11th January 2015, 17:53
Hi,

Taken the drivers front wheel off today to attempt to replace a suspected broken abs sensor (speedo dead and ABS Light permanently on) and noticed the brake pad sensor hanging out the hole and doesnt seem to want to click back in?

The strange thing is there is no Brake Pad warning light on the dash even though the circuit is clearly broken! Just ABS Light which I presume is completely unconnected seeing as the speedo is dead?

Obviously I am going to order a new brake pad sensor now as well but can anyone explain why I have no light on dash?

Heddy
11th January 2015, 19:40
The brake sensor is still intact (making a complete circuit) and should press back into the recess. The ABS sensor may be just loose, try pulling the connector apart and re-fitting, pushing it fully home.

COLVERT
11th January 2015, 21:07
Not worn, as posted above.

A wire runs into the sensor and out again.
This wire breaks ( Wears away.) When the pads are worn and the sensor touches the disc.
The break in the circuit puts on the warning light.

The sensor is held in by a tiny spring clip which is VERY easily lost.
If the sensor is out the clip has probably vanished too.

Click the pic Sam.

Moodster020
11th January 2015, 21:08
The sensor is the size of a pea on one side only, and clips in with a metal spring that is smaller than a pea!

COLVERT
11th January 2015, 21:15
The sensor is the size of a pea on one side only, and clips in with a metal spring that is smaller than a pea!

A picture speaks a thousand words so Download the pic Mr Moodster

:new_year::D

sam2909
11th January 2015, 22:13
thanks for that pic colvert - understand now!

How do I get hold of a new clip? Does it come with the sensor if I get one off ebay or the like?

SD1too
12th January 2015, 08:35
Does it come with the sensor if I get one off ebay or the like?
Yes it does, and a good motor factor in your area will be able to supply you today!

Simon

Kennyeth
12th January 2015, 09:04
thanks for that pic colvert - understand now!

How do I get hold of a new clip? Does it come with the sensor if I get one off ebay or the like?

Where is the pic?? I thought we shared stuff on here :}
Ken.

SD1too
12th January 2015, 10:39
Where is the pic?? I thought we shared stuff on here :}
Ken.
Post number 3 Ken. :rolleyes:

Simon :D

Kennyeth
12th January 2015, 11:25
Post number 3 Ken. :rolleyes:

Simon :D