PDA

View Full Version : Lazy fool with tourer tail gate problem - won't unlock. Why?

Artemis
12th January 2015, 16:48
Can anyone help please? I closed my tailgate on a jacket. Only a thin piece of material. Slid the Jacket out from the inside as lazy and in a rush. Then went to lock the car and got a bib from the horn as if there was a mislock. Locked and unlocked a few times and tried the doors which opened but the tailgate is firmly locked. Used the manual lever from inside and bingo it opens. But when locked and unlocked, back to square one. Will only unlock from the inside. I don't think there is anything physically wrong, but some sort of confusion in the system. :shrug:

CAN ANYONE HELP? Thank goodness for the opening rear window - at least I can get stuff in and out.

chipsceola
12th January 2015, 19:57
This can also happen if the 'rubber boot' around the tailgate button is distorted and so trapped, remedy, just pull the 'boot' off, open tailgate and refit by repositioning, if you are right and you've trapped a coat etc., may still be the way to go, costs nothing and takes only minutes to refit.

Artemis
13th January 2015, 17:50
I'll try that. Thanks.