PDA

View Full Version : Brink detachable tow bar fitting

jonny8oy
13th January 2015, 08:14
Gents,

I've bought a used brink detachable tow bar (removed from a 75 tourer) for my ZT-T from a breakers and all they sent me was the tow ball and bracket. (attached photos). They insist that it bolts straight to the chassis, or a modified part thereof.

Surely this isn't right (!) and I'm missing the complete cross member that bolts in place (or behind?) the crash bar. I'm asking for a photo of the rear of the car with the bumper removed, so I can check myself, before I go mad.. :duh:

VMax1000
13th January 2015, 09:51
Gents,

I've bought a used brink detachable tow bar (removed from a 75 tourer) for my ZT-T from a breakers and all they sent me was the tow ball and bracket. (attached photos). They insist that it bolts straight to the chassis, or a modified part thereof.

Surely this isn't right (!) and I'm missing the complete cross member that bolts in place (or behind?) the crash bar. I'm asking for a photo of the rear of the car with the bumper removed, so I can check myself, before I go mad.. :duh:

You have the detachable bit alright but need the main support as well
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/MGJohn/Rover%20620ti%20S377%20MFL/S377MFLTowBarFitting16thJuly2009007.jpg

Organiser
13th January 2015, 15:28
As Herman has already said you are missing the rear crossmember that bolts to the rear of the chassis and replaces the rear crash bar that is behind the bumper!

Tom.