PDA

View Full Version : ZT-T 190 exhaust question

ERic
13th January 2015, 11:42
Hi,

I want to go for a stainless steel exhaust and I found a garage in Leeds. Has anyone with a presence on ebay. I would like to hear a bit about your experience and suggestions.

The plan is to go for it on the Stoneleigh weekend of 28th February 2015 - 1st March 2015 and have it installed on the way as I come frome Luxembourg. They offer three different types, standard, sports and performance. I do not want it to be too loud. Does a sports exhaust make any performance difference or is it just louder?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Eric
Luxembourg

Robson Rover Repair
13th January 2015, 11:54
You will find its most likely down to the level of restriction from sound deadening and pipe diameter.

Rule of thumb for the v6 so far on rolling road days I've done, any exhaust system wider than 65mm internal pipe from the cat back has had a negative effect on back pressure and performance.

The same has gone for a back box that's unrestricted (basically a shell).

I've an insanely loud system on my car fitted before I got it and as it's not my daily I will leave it on. They can be very boomy around 3500 to 4000 rpm which is motor way speeds.

My advise would be either keep the 60mm internal diameter the same, or go for between 60 and 65mm. The car will pass the mot emissions without a cat as the precats do the majority of the work in the manifold itself but you would still need one visible.

I'd keep the cat myself or a sports car, then single oval rear, if you want a real rasp ask for an internal pipe inside the back box which will amplify but you will loose the low end grumble.

Must get a video of my own soon.

visfix
13th January 2015, 12:05
Is it Tony Banks' place in leeds?

ERic
13th January 2015, 12:23
Hi all ,

Thanks for your relpy, and yes it is Tony Banks as I remember. Do you know him?

Eric

visfix
13th January 2015, 19:19
Have used him by before; very good work and highly recommended.