PDA

View Full Version : Yella Fella Stepping down

Simondi
13th January 2015, 18:41
It was with sadness that I received a message today from Glenn to say he was stepping down as RS for West Scotland.

I would like to thank Glenn for all of his hard work and wish him all the best moving forward

FLYER
13th January 2015, 19:04
All the best to him and hope to see him at the meets.

Robson Rover Repair
13th January 2015, 19:11
That's a great shame he's done a lot of great work

Tam
13th January 2015, 20:29
That's a great shame he has been the lead man in dragging these our cars successfully into the classic shows and getting taken more seriously :bowdown:

Reebs
14th January 2015, 07:21
Yes I'm sorry to here this too, Glenn was made for the job, and it's a sad loss for the club and the Scottish members. Maybe you might reconsider at some point in the future Glenn? I sincerely hope so.

Best

Paul.

Petetourer
14th January 2015, 08:00
All the best Mate.

You have done some sterling work up there and am sure you will be sorely missed and a hard pair of shoes to fill :cool:

munroman
14th January 2015, 08:16
Sorry to hear this Glenn, and thanks for all your hard work as RS, I hope to see you at future shows, (or the Shopping Centre!)

Derek

J1MBO
14th January 2015, 08:37
Really sorry to hear this, he fitted the role perfectly, he will be missed.

Thanks for all your input Glenn :bowdown:.

FLYING BANANA
14th January 2015, 08:58
Sorry to hear the news Glenn. Hope you'll keep the "Yella" flag flying.

Astraeus
14th January 2015, 10:36
It was with sadness that I received a message today from Glenn to say he was stepping down as RS for West Scotland.

I would like to thank Glenn for all of his hard work and wish him all the best moving forward

Hi Glenn,

I am sorryto hear this too.,you have done a lot of great work for us Scot's bods!

Hope you will pick up the reigns again at some point.

Chris

Alan_G
14th January 2015, 11:16
Sad times, you did excellent work Glenn. Thanks for your efforts and hopefully see you at a meet soon.

Yella Fella
14th January 2015, 12:18
Thanks for the kind posts. It's only 18 months or so that I've been RS. I hoped it would be longer to continue promoting the marque in Scotland but I have my reasons for not continuing. Thanks to everyone who has supported me, the events and the meets and I hope the next RS has the full support of the members in the region whoever he or she may be.

Thanks again,

Glenn.

Fusilier
14th January 2015, 12:25
What a great shame that Glenn is stepping down, he has been a great RS for the West of Scotland, and always enjoy his company at the meets I have been too with Glenn present

I wish you all the very best, and hope that you still attends the meets

All the very best, and thanks for what you have done

Stu

FLYER
14th January 2015, 14:13
Thanks for the kind posts. It's only 18 months or so that I've been RS. I hoped it would be longer to continue promoting the marque in Scotland but I have my reasons for not continuing. Thanks to everyone who has supported me, the events and the meets and I hope the next RS has the full support of the members in the region whoever he or she may be.

Thanks again,

Glenn.Glenn you had my full support and that of everyone who attends the meets but come on you will surely admit you didn't deal with the negative stuff about Scone very well did you.
You TOLD us what the theme for Scone would be you didn't ASK us for ideas now did you.

I don't like being TOLD what a theme will be rather better would be being asked.

I also don't appreciate the post you left before asking for the thread to closed..

Fact is you didn't set about the thread in the right way and didn't like the way it went..

I share everyone's disappointment in you going as I thought you did a great job.

Good luck Glenn.

Petetourer
14th January 2015, 15:45
From what I can see mate, this thread is to thank Glenn for all the hard work he has put in and many seem to think it's a shame he is stepping down.

Not a thread to restart a debate from a previous closed thread :shrug:

Why don't we just stick to thanking Glenn for his efforts and not revert to the possible cause as to why he has stepped down :o

Glenn you had my full support and that of everyone who attends the meets but come on you will surely admit you didn't deal with the negative stuff about Scone very well did you.
You TOLD us what the theme for Scone would be you didn't ASK us for ideas now did you.

I don't like being TOLD what a theme will be rather better would be being asked.

I also don't appreciate the post you left before asking for the thread to closed..

Fact is you didn't set about the thread in the right way and didn't like the way it went..

I share everyone's disappointment in you going as I thought you did a great job.

Good luck Glenn.

FLYER
14th January 2015, 17:10
From what I can see mate, this thread is to thank Glenn for all the hard work he has put in and many seem to think it's a shame he is stepping down.

Not a thread to restart a debate from a previous closed thread :shrug:

Why don't we just stick to thanking Glenn for his efforts and not revert to the possible cause as to why he has stepped down :o

I have thanked him .

Did you miss it :shrug:

Petetourer
14th January 2015, 17:38
I have thanked him .

Did you miss it :shrug:

Maybe I missed it with all the other stuff thrown in ;) :shrug:

My point was maybe it should have been left as a thanks but and the other stuff not added. ;)

Graham1961
14th January 2015, 17:38
I am very sorry to hear this, as Glenn did a superb job as RS, he was/is made for the role as was responsible for us winning 'Best Stand' at Scone last September...which was an amazing feat considering how many cars were there.

Thank you Glenn for your hard work and organisational skills in arranging these events.

FLYER
14th January 2015, 17:46
Maybe I missed it with all the other stuff thrown in ;) :shrug:

My point was maybe it should have been left as a thanks but and the other stuff not added. ;)

Or house restructuring and hospital scans :D

To be fair it would be good to hear from Glenn.:D

Simondi
14th January 2015, 20:45
As the OP of this thread I can confirm it was intended for two things. Firstly to let the members know that Glenn had stepped down and secondly to thank Glenn for his hard work.

It most certainly is not a thread for criticising a member who has organised some excellent meets and has worked hard to help his fellow members across the country in keeping their cars running.

To reiterate my opening post.

Thank you Glenn for all your hard work

keithybhoy
15th January 2015, 19:27
Glen. I am very sorry to see your leaving the RS post and very sad to be honest. I really enjoyed the meets you started for us like Glamis castle and Royle Scone and i really do hope they continue wether im there with this club or the Scottish MG/Rover FB OC.

I wont get into the politics of other threads as you prob know me well enough to know how i feel lol.

I hope to see you at other meets and if ur going to the dundee gig il buy u a pint fella or a coke if ur not staying over lol.

Thanks for all you have done and the next RS has big boots to fill ����

Yella Fella
16th January 2015, 10:14
Glen. I am very sorry to see your leaving the RS post and very sad to be honest. I really enjoyed the meets you started for us like Glamis castle and Royle Scone and i really do hope they continue wether im there with this club or the Scottish MG/Rover FB OC.

I wont get into the politics of other threads as you prob know me well enough to know how i feel lol.

I hope to see you at other meets and if ur going to the dundee gig il buy u a pint fella or a coke if ur not staying over lol.

Thanks for all you have done and the next RS has big boots to fill ����

Cheers Keith, a beer sounds good but I doubt if I'll be at Dundee. I have a lot on during March April and May and time and cash won't stretch to doing everything. Hope 2015 goes well for you, the region and FB group.

keithybhoy
16th January 2015, 20:12
Glen if your on facebook check us out. Lots of guys from on here are on it,great mix of cars and a great mix of folk too :) :)

Gurgle260
19th January 2015, 20:05
Just like add that like other comments its a shame Glenn is standing down .

He did a great job of keeping things going last year and as a secretary of another club I know its not easy trying to please everyone all the time

At the end of the day these clubs and forums are meant to be fun and not to create strife and hassle..that's what work was for !!

Cheers and all the best

Robert

FLYER
19th January 2015, 20:42
Just like add that like other comments its a shame Glenn is standing down .

He did a great job of keeping things going last year and asquoting the etary of another club I know its not easy trying to please everyone all the time

At the end of the day these clubs and forums are meant to be fun and not to create strife and hassle..that's what work was for !!

Cheers and all the best

Robert

So who do you think is creating strife and hassle then ???.

The creator of this thread asked for tributes to Glenn not for barbed comments.

I am quite close to quiting this club because frankly i am being pitched as the bad guy here.

Alan_G
19th January 2015, 21:05
So who do you think is creating strife and hassle then ???.

The creator of this thread asked for tributes to Glenn not for barbed comments.

I am quite close to quiting this club because frankly i am being pitched as the bad guy here.
Don't quit. You would be missed. I fear you read too much into that comment. I think what Robert meant was that it can be stressful being a secretary of any club and so Glenn should take a step back and enjoy the club instead. I don't think he intended to offend anyone.

Astraeus
19th January 2015, 22:54
Don't quit. You would be missed. I fear you read too much into that comment. I think what Robert meant was that it can be stressful being a secretary of any club and so Glenn should take a step back and enjoy the club instead. I don't think he intended to offend anyone.

Time for this to be closed and move on please

Chris

Gurgle260
20th January 2015, 16:43
Just to be clear ...Alan was correct in interpreting my comment...I was talking in general and have no opinion on the Glamis Flags issue one way or the other as it would be unlikely to affect me anyway as I will most probably be on the Scottish Kit Car Club stand that day anyway (as Im on our committee)

So please guys It's "kiss and make up time"...

Happy New Year too all (again!!)

Robert

Tim_Burgess
1st February 2015, 09:26
Really sorry to hear that you're stepping down Glenn. I know from personal experience that it's never easy taking on these jobs and I certainly thought you did an excellent job in raising the profile of these cars in classic circles in Scotland.

All the very best, hopefully we'll see you at some point during the year