PDA

View Full Version : 03 ZT 90K CDTI - Noise @2k Revs

BigBeere
14th January 2015, 17:21
My car has just hit 90k miles today!

Its an 03 plate ZT CDTI, new exhaust, 160+ map, O rings on its 2nd clutch etc etc

I've noticed a 'new' noise.... if i floor it in 1st gear (with a high rev) the car is like a rocket and zoooooms through all the gears with no problems. ( rarely do that though!!)

If im coming off an island and put my foot down to pull away, if the revs are below 2k ive noticed it seems to hesitate a little bit in acceleration and it seems to make a deep hummmm noise until it gets to around 2k revs and it pulls pulls pulls.

I've gone in all gears and put my foot down to the floor and its pulled like a train, no slipping or dropping revs, no black smoke piling out the back - its very well maintained and has regular servicing etc.

Just curious what that noise could be when flooring it before 2k revs, happens mainly 2nd and 3rd.

BigBeere
15th January 2015, 21:31
Anybody ?:shrug:

Ianperry82
16th January 2015, 11:47
I've got a 2003 cdti which does the same. I've been told it's the lower rear engine mount. Mine judders from 1800 revs to 2000.

jonstead
2nd February 2015, 20:03
Lack of pull below 2k sounds like duff MAF sensor - disconnect and see if it improves, hesitation should go and probably lose vibration too.
You can run without a MAF, no problem on mine