PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake hose/flexi

Astraeus
14th January 2015, 17:28
A quick question about these

For its MOT my other V6 needed flexi changing at rear. Ordered Pagid correct part number yet they are just over 1 inch/2 inches too short! My original also had a rubber gromit in middle wheras this is metal

Anyone else had problem with these parts.

Chris

Astraeus
14th January 2015, 19:52
A quick question about these

For its MOT my other V6 needed flexi changing at rear. Ordered Pagid correct part number yet they are just over 1 inch/2 inches too short! My original also had a rubber gromit in middle wheras this is metal

Anyone else had problem with these parts.

Chris

Well, I have just measured up these pipes. My x reg V6 has exactly the same flexi pipes on the rear as all the front ones both on the car and online. Why? It looks as though it was this way from factory as the brackets don't fit the new rear ones. Too far apart. Fit the front ones that are all on sale. Rear ones that are for sale online from all manufacturers are 527mm front 560mm. The ones that came off this car are 560mm!
Why would this be? Was there a change early on? According to a registration search by factors it comes back with 527mm types and that is definately not what was fitted. Bizarre.
Will just have to order front ones and send the rears back. Annoying as I was going to get it done tonight!

Chris

David Lawrence
4th May 2015, 05:50
Well, I have just measured up these pipes. My x reg V6 has exactly the same flexi pipes on the rear as all the front ones both on the car and online. Why? It looks as though it was this way from factory as the brackets don't fit the new rear ones. Too far apart. Fit the front ones that are all on sale. Rear ones that are for sale online from all manufacturers are 527mm front 560mm. The ones that came off this car are 560mm!
Why would this be? Was there a change early on? According to a registration search by factors it comes back with 527mm types and that is definately not what was fitted. Bizarre.
Will just have to order front ones and send the rears back. Annoying as I was going to get it done tonight!

Chris

Wish i had read this post before i bought mine. I have just suffered the same trouble. What kind of hoses did you get to replace them after the pagid ones? Ive just ordered borg and beck as they have a diagram with the correct dimensions shown.