PDA

View Full Version : MOT Failure ....Oh dear but annoyed

Kenny m
14th January 2015, 17:56
Well have had the Connie for almost a year now :} and very happy I have been too :}:}
No advisorys on last years MOT so was expecting a pass :}:}
Chickens before they hatch time.....:duh::duh:
Failed on insuficent jet from winscreen washer :eek:
Bit peeved as they clear the screen fine :eek:
Still a fail is a fail :shrug:
However they did try an air like through the pipes but to no avail, any sugestions on what to try next chaps?

Kenny

stocktake
14th January 2015, 17:58
It will be a blocked filter in the washer bottle, common fault and a free fix just remove and clean :)

Kenny m
14th January 2015, 18:00
It will be a blocked filter in the washer bottle, common fault and a free fix just remove and clean :)

Wow!!!! and soooooooooooo quick
Many thanks

Kenny

STUBIE
14th January 2015, 18:00
Sounds like you need to clean out your filter at the bottom of your washer bottle, see this thread.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=189866&highlight=windscreen+washer+dribble

Stubs

octopush
14th January 2015, 18:02
Shove a pin down the jet a wiggle it.

It's probaly a build up of lime scale it was on mine

maxi_crawf
14th January 2015, 20:28
You can get a really slimy gunge build up in the bottom of the washer bottle that clogs up the filter, I cleared mine out 2-3 years ago and it's been fine ever since.

lionatus
15th January 2015, 11:55
Well have had the Connie for almost a year now :} and very happy I have been too :}:}
No advisorys on last years MOT so was expecting a pass :}:}
Chickens before they hatch time.....:duh::duh:
Failed on insuficent jet from winscreen washer :eek:
Bit peeved as they clear the screen fine :eek:
Still a fail is a fail :shrug:
However they did try an air like through the pipes but to no avail, any sugestions on what to try next chaps?

Kenny

See here. Rick was spot on. The wee black filter was really gunked up. Made a real mess of my hands once I got pump outta way and took we rubber bung out. It was caked allover in green gel-like gunk. Front wiper works now like its a waterpark jet. :D
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=202015
Has pics of the part you need to find

hogweed
15th January 2015, 12:26
Water’s very hard round here – is there anything you can add to it to stop the pipes etc clogging up, or are we into softened water etc?

Kenny m
15th January 2015, 17:40
Filter cleaned....yep bunged right up !
Car re tested and passed.
Happy days.

Kenny

suzublu
15th January 2015, 17:49
Fit a pair of Ford jets, much better ;) http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=1354739&postcount=200

Coups
15th January 2015, 18:25
I cleaned my filter in the washer pump last week, so easy to do and can't believe the difference! It's like new and the fix is free!! Easy to follow how to on the site.

hamster19
15th January 2015, 19:33
Filter cleaned....yep bunged right up !
Car re tested and passed.
Happy days.

Kenny
Love it when the car gets through the mot ! :}