PDA

View Full Version : Vis motor now engine bouncing

varleyjr
17th January 2015, 14:04
Hi all, I removed my balance vis and cleaned it all out this morning but now when the engine is idling the revs are bouncing between 500 and 1000 and if you stick some revs and release it will stall. Ideas anyone?

stocktake
17th January 2015, 14:05
hopefully you didn't try to run the car with it off. :(

Check the rubber seal is in place on the back of the Vis motor but usually that bounces between 2000 and 500 ;)

varleyjr
17th January 2015, 14:07
Yep that's in place

varleyjr
17th January 2015, 14:08
It was remapped a week ago and I was told that it was not working. I have been around scrappers looking but not found a new one yet.

varleyjr
17th January 2015, 15:11
Na it wasn't started with it off. I did have to double check it as when it was put back and started it sounded very deep

stocktake
17th January 2015, 15:17
There is nothing in the Vis motor that can or will cause this other than an airleak from either the seal under the case, or air entering through where you opened the case. If these parts are fine then your problem lies elsewhere.

As for good balance motors, I would be surprised if you could find a good working one in a breakers yard and I am afraid once it has ingested the oil no amount of cleaning will repair the blown tracks on the pcb.

PM me if you want to know about refurbished Vis Motors ;)

bl52krz
17th January 2015, 20:12
Dave. The vis king.

BigRuss
18th January 2015, 16:47
All sorted hopefully :D
After a quick phone discussion about possible causes, it turned out to be gunge from breather all over the map sensor ;)

Russ

varleyjr
18th January 2015, 16:51
Seemed to run fine after leaving it to cool also. Thanks for your help Russ. Thank you to everyone who helped also Dave for offering his VIS motor service. Now to change the oil mesh filters and get her in the air to check the lambda wiring. Although I'm back to blowing fuse f3 but I can live with that for now. Thanks again everyone

stocktake
18th January 2015, 17:07
Glad to help, nice to see people coming back and letting us know the problem/solution, we are all learning all the time ;)

D...

SD1too
18th January 2015, 17:17
Now to change the oil mesh filters ...
Richard,

Whatever you do don't overlook the pinhole restriction behind one of the mesh filters in each cam cover. They will almost certainly be blocked with solid dried oil residue. The filters will probably just be discoloured.

Simon

varleyjr
18th January 2015, 17:23
I'll keep an eye out when I change them. Still looking to order them and looking for a how too guide ;)

SD1too
18th January 2015, 19:19
... looking for a how too guide ;)
Cam cover removal is described in the Haynes manual. Get a second hand copy from E-bay.

Simon

varleyjr
18th January 2015, 21:07
Just placed an order for one £13 from eBay