PDA

View Full Version : wipers not working continued

levon
17th January 2015, 18:38
I have an 02 Rover 75 Diesel with rain sensing wipers which have never worked since I purchased the car 4yrs ago. Today while driving the wipers came on, however they won't go off again until the car is turned off. Can anybody shed any light on this please?

Greeners
17th January 2015, 20:11
welcome along

first thing to do is check the plenum chamber is dry and your ECU isn't swimming

First_damned
17th January 2015, 20:21
Mine did this when the washer motor wouldn't shut off, turned out it was a chaffed wire going down to the washer motor. I cut the wire and rejoined it with a crimp connection.

It burnt out the motor so needed a new one, but had a very clean windscreen lol

levon
4th February 2015, 21:22
I posted on here back at the start of January about my wipers not going off and so on and so forth. After many trips to the garage its still not right, apparently a broken wire or something but its as good as its going to be.
Just to thank those of you who replied and for your help.

Dragrad
4th February 2015, 21:53
Threads merged as they are related. ;)

SD1too
5th February 2015, 07:07
After many trips to the garage its still not right, apparently a broken wire or something ...
Why not have a go at it yourself Pat? I've only seen photographs on the forum but the wiring loom can rot away in the region of the NSF inner wheelarch, and for some inexplicable reason it seems to happen mostly on diesels like yours. Marinabrian posted a dramatic photograph of it recently.

Simon