PDA

View Full Version : Odd noise when pulling away

Lottysvdub
18th January 2015, 19:43
Hey guys my 1.8t ZT has developed an odd noise .
When pulling away from a stand still I get a loud clunk from the engine bay area you can also feel it through the car .... Only seems to be when pulling off from a stand still or if you change gear without care I've noticed it .... I've had a grab of the engine and there's almost no movement from the top end and can't see anything from the bottom end ....
Any ideas where to look next ?
Cheers guys :D

Dorset Bob
18th January 2015, 19:46
It sounds like the lower engine mount is shot, to me. :}

Greeners
18th January 2015, 19:47
It sounds like the lower engine mount is shot, to me. :}

i would concur

Pagnol
18th January 2015, 20:08
Hey guys my 1.8t ZT has developed an odd noise .
When pulling away from a stand still I get a loud clunk from the engine bay area you can also feel it through the car .... Only seems to be when pulling off from a stand still or if you change gear without care I've noticed it .... I've had a grab of the engine and there's almost no movement from the top end and can't see anything from the bottom end ....
Any ideas where to look next ?
Cheers guys :D

When mine was going I really noticed the clunk when I reversed and then pulled away. Also when i accelarated and decelarated.

I also got a similar clunk when my front n/s rear lower bush had gone.

Hope that helps.

Ivor

wutang
18th January 2015, 20:45
Lower engine mount would put money on it

Lottysvdub
18th January 2015, 21:00
Thanks guys
I have taken a look at the lower mount but couldn't really see any damage or wear to it , it was also a little awkward to try and get my hands on it to see it properly or if there was any movement :}

Think I will just source a replacement and go for that for now :cool:

Many thanks again guys your help and suggestions are always welcome :D

Greeners
18th January 2015, 21:37
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/109449fc5f991dc72.jpg

Athorpe
18th January 2015, 23:30
I agree with the others, lower mount failed.
Try rocking the engine forward and back, you'll probably be able to do it easily and cause the clunk

IanR75
19th January 2015, 01:11
Hello mate. Mine does the same but the noise with mine is directly below the gearstick. It only happens when pulling away from standing start but occasionally it'll do it when accelerating hard. I think it's the exhaust knocking on the floor of the car due to slight movement of engine . Haven't had chance yet to check the engine mounts.

Greeners
19th January 2015, 10:44
Hello mate. Mine does the same but the noise with mine is directly below the gearstick. It only happens when pulling away from standing start but occasionally it'll do it when accelerating hard. I think it's the exhaust knocking on the floor of the car due to slight movement of engine . Haven't had chance yet to check the engine mounts.

Lower mount.........:}:}:}