PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Used Torpedo Badges?

roverbarmy
20th January 2015, 19:28
I've always used the double sided mounting tape (with a peel off backing) to fix badges and number plates. Any other suggestions as the shape of the torpedo badges (hollow and torpedo shape) might make this a bit tricky? (Lots of cutting and trimming to curves):shrug:
Mike

rich17865
20th January 2015, 19:33
I used silicone on the back, held the badge in place with masking tape until dry.

jackatesme
20th January 2015, 19:38
I filled cavity with cheap glue.sanded it smooth down edge depth then used good quality d/sided tape.Gives more of a surface for tape,8mths on so far so good.

Yella Fella
20th January 2015, 19:40
Mike,

I put a thin length of sticky foam tape in the hollow part to bring it to the same level as the edges then I put one long piece and cut to shape. This gave a larger contact surface. Hope I've described this correctly.

Correct location for the badges . . .

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=141505

jgriffo
20th January 2015, 19:44
Mike,

I put a thin length of sticky foam tape in the hollow part to bring it to the same level as the edges then I put one long piece and cut to shape. This gave a larger contact surface. Hope I've described this correctly.

Correct location for the badges . . .

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=141505

I did the same, still stuck on several months later

roverbarmy
20th January 2015, 19:45
Thanks for the suggestions folks. I shall wait for a nice, warm, dry day.

I may be waiting for a while! :shrug:

Mike

suzublu
20th January 2015, 19:50
Couple of 4" nails, clinched over inside the door, never move ;):D

pm77
20th January 2015, 21:46
Couple of 4" nails, clinched over inside the door, never move ;):D
Nails are no good Ronnie, use some decent screws:D

chrissyboy
21st January 2015, 07:19
i just built the hollow up with the tape till i could get a length to run the full length of the tear drop

SideValve
21st January 2015, 12:47
Timely post - I picked up two badges (and two jacking points) for a fiver at my local scrappy on Monday :}
Was wondering how to stick them on. Anyone tried Evostik?

Rev Jules
21st January 2015, 12:55
Timely post - I picked up two badges (and two jacking points) for a fiver at my local scrappy on Monday :}
Was wondering how to stick them on. Anyone tried Evostik?

I used double sided number plate stickie tabs from Halfords, the thin ones and spaced them out along the torpedoes, then put NoNails in the spaces, making sure the paintwork is clean, I used white spirit.

Julien

suffolk boy
21st January 2015, 13:12
double sided number plate tape off ebay or poundland.clean the rear of the badge.stick tape on to it.place badge on a smooth hard surface with backing tape intact.cut round with a sharp craft knife.clean the door surface .stick it on.also i think they go around 22mm up from the bottom of the door.the badge is around 20mm thick at its widest point.so i measured 32 mm up.and using a mini spirit level marked a line along the door and used that as a guide.

James.uk
21st January 2015, 13:14
I had the same problem when I came to fitting my torps, then I hit on a brilliant solution-- I gave them to Andy.. lol... :D :D :D