PDA

View Full Version : Bulb warning on ipk but not blown ???

DaveyC
21st January 2015, 18:33
Got in the ZTT tonight and the bulb warning light came on. Its saying my drivers side front dipped beam bulb is out. Got home and checked but to my surprise its working, as are all the front lights.

Have tried turning the ignition on and off but its still there and driving me a bit mad.

Has anyone got any suggestions please. :shrug:

Arctic
21st January 2015, 19:16
Hi Dave.
Loose connection or maybe the wiring is chaffing in the chassis arm Arctic

klarzy
21st January 2015, 20:18
is it an LED bulb Dave?

DaveyC
22nd January 2015, 06:33
Hi. not an led but not checked the wiring chaffing. Not sure where to start looking at the wiring though. only get time on a weekend now due to work being so manic. 😜:eek::eek::eek:

marinabrian
22nd January 2015, 06:35
Broken LSM ;)

Did an exchange for a chap on Monday for the same issue :D

Brian :cool:

DaveyC
22nd January 2015, 11:42
Broken LSM ;)

Did an exchange for a chap on Monday for the same issue :D

Brian :cool:

Thanks Brian. If its ot wiring, how much will the replacement LSM knock me back? Presumably needs to be T4'd to the car?
Cheers
Dave

marinabrian
22nd January 2015, 11:55
Thanks Brian. If its ot wiring, how much will the replacement LSM knock me back? Presumably needs to be T4'd to the car?
Cheers
Dave

It can be done remotely either by myself, Phil, or Russ.

You could obtain one from the scrappy to plug in and try first if you like though ;)

Brian :D

Doc Evil
22nd January 2015, 11:56
Cheers
Dave

I think y Just need to replace switch module and swap front panel from old one but Brian will confirm
I would check wiring and connectors as high resistance seems to set it off
Doc

klarzy
22nd January 2015, 14:21
Cheers
Dave

pass me your address, i have an LSM board i can send you...

Departed 32016
22nd January 2015, 14:49
Have look on my how to

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=205780

DaveyC
22nd January 2015, 19:27
Thanks for all the help chaps. Much appreciated.

Hopefully can check the wiring at the weekend, wind and rain permitting. :D

Oh yeah, and work.........

DaveyC
25th January 2015, 17:00
Well, today was sunny and dry (flippin cold though!), so I've been trying to sort the bulb warning.

Took the bumper off and there was a chaffed wire, so I sorted that and thought that's it. Wrong......... Changed the internals of the LSM (thanks to Klarzy for that :D).

Plugged it all back in and all was sorted.

However, I now have "Err" where the trip mileage used to be :duh::duh::duh:

Do I really need to get it on a T4 :shrug:

Greeners
25th January 2015, 17:02
Well, today was sunny and dry (flippin cold though!), so I've been trying to sort the bulb warning.

Took the bumper off and there was a chaffed wire, so I sorted that and thought that's it. Wrong......... Changed the internals of the LSM (thanks to Klarzy for that :D).

Plugged it all back in and all was sorted.

However, I now have "Err" where the trip mileage used to be :duh::duh::duh:

Do I really need to get it on a T4 :shrug:

Yes... the mileage on the instrument pack is also recorded in the LSM....if they don't match it throws up an error....

DaveyC
25th January 2015, 17:06
Yes... the mileage on the instrument pack is also recorded in the LSM....if they don't match it throws up an error....

Thanks Greeners. I was hoping the chip with the mileage in might be in the the switch part of the LSM. :getmecoat:

Greeners
25th January 2015, 17:07
Thanks Greeners. I was hoping the chip with the mileage in might be in the the switch part of the LSM. :getmecoat:

Front plate is not coded, but the PCB part is...

Arctic
25th January 2015, 18:08

Dave try plugging in your original LSM then do a battery reset just to make double sure as when my sons wiring had chaffed we had to do a battery reset before the lights would dance and play ball, you know these cars have a will of there own some times :D

DaveyC
25th January 2015, 18:22
Dave try plugging in your original LSM then do a battery reset just to make double sure as when my sons wiring had chaffed we had to do a battery reset before the lights would dance and play ball, you know these cars have a will of there own some times :D

Hi mate, I disconnected the battery before I worked on the car. It only got rid of the bulb warning after changing the LSM, which is now turning into a right pain, as I have to get it on a T4 :duh:

klarzy
25th January 2015, 18:31
Hi mate, I disconnected the battery before I worked on the car. It only got rid of the bulb warning after changing the LSM, which is now turning into a right pain, as I have to get it on a T4 :duh:

Drop a message to Brian or Phil as I seem to remember a bit of wipe magic needs doing before install (may be wrong but I seem to remember reading it somewhere)

marinabrian
26th January 2015, 08:10
Dave if you post me your replacement LSM along with the mileage and the VIN of your car, I'll sort it out for you ;)

DaveyC
26th January 2015, 17:43
Dave if you post me your replacement LSM along with the mileage and the VIN of your car, I'll sort it out for you ;)

Cheers Brian. Phil is sprting me out (plus a 160 remap :D:D).
All the best
Dave

marinabrian
26th January 2015, 17:46
Cheers Brian. Phil is sprting me out (plus a 160 remap :D:D).
All the best
Dave

Mmmmm 160 :drool4: