PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen washer reservoir

Mr Toad of London
22nd January 2015, 07:32
Hi all,

My reservoir is leaking and will need to be replaced. What is the easiest way to do it ? Bumper off or removal of inner wing panel. Any tips would be appreciated.

Martin

Greeners
22nd January 2015, 07:38
which car ?

planenut
22nd January 2015, 07:49
I would suggest that the front part of the wheel arch panel can be released to then see if it's feasible from there, there are a couple of scrivets that hold it in place which may require some dexterity. I also popped the indicator unit out to help.

Evansabove
22nd January 2015, 08:38
It may not be the bottle leaking but the pump. I have had 2 pumps leak and they are changed in situ. T=I bought a BMW one which was a fraction of the price of the "Rover" one and is the same unit. They are on Ebay for a fiver.
To get to the pump you need to turn the wheel fully left, remove two screws holding the wheel arch liner, gently pull it out and you can reach the pump. It is obvious if the pump is the culprit.
When you hold the pump, gently pull it away from the bottle and lift up. Ifthere is water in the bottle it will now gush out. If you do take the pump out then now is a good time to pull out the filter from the base where you pulled the pump from as this gets clogged over time. I think there are some pictures if you do a search on here for Washer pump.

John

HTH

Mr Toad of London
23rd January 2015, 19:57
Thanks for the responses so far. Will definitely check the pump.The car is a 2003 MG ZTT 2.5 V6

Martin

Greeners
23rd January 2015, 19:58
The V6 you can do through the wheel arch liner...the V8 is a bumper off job really