PDA

View Full Version : Mirror motors.

lathbury
22nd January 2015, 15:28
My 02 cdt passed the mot today with only some minor advisories, and all done now. Returning home I tried to adjust the door mirrors, neither is working, up, down, sideways. The mirrors are powerfolds and work great ( thanks Trebor ), so the problems are with the motors in the mirrors. The heating elements work. Any advice please?. Thanks, John.

FrenchMike
22nd January 2015, 15:33
Simpler happily :

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4821

Good luck

Mike

johnnyb44
22nd January 2015, 15:39
Hi.
I had similar problems with mine last year. It turned out to be the switches ( the ones you press ) had dirty contacts under the buttons. I persevered with them your around 10 minutes pressing them on and off and the mirrors slowly but surely started to work. I never bothered trying to take the switches apart to give the contacts a good clean as i hard ever alter them anyway. I just exercise them every so often to keep them working

lathbury
22nd January 2015, 19:16
Thanks Mike and Johnnie, I will play with them first and strip them down if I have no joy, I have a spare switch pack to practice on tonight.John.

johnnyb44
22nd January 2015, 19:19
Let us know how you get on. :-):-):-):-)

hogweed
23rd January 2015, 10:44
I did the whole thing about stripping the switch etc, but in the end, it was the connectors in the doors. They seem to be really cr4p and lose contact from time to time, so if you can get your finger in behind the trim and give one of them a bit of a push, it may start working.

Ideally, you'd then want to take them out and give them a good seeing to…

johnnyb44
23rd January 2015, 10:48
It good to see you've got it all sorted :-):-)

hogweed
23rd January 2015, 10:57
It good to see you've got it all sorted :-):-)

Yeah took some doing, I can tell you. About one time in 50 the left powerfold doesn't fold; and maybe twice a year I have to stick my finger in and wiggle the connector to make the directional controls work.

I HATE taking doors apart, so I'm prepared to do that occasionally, rather than sort it.

Hope @Marinabrian isn't reading this - he'll develop an ulcer.

theridler
2nd February 2015, 10:12
Just thought I'd put 2p worth in here... when I installed my powerfolds, I had this issue with the mirror glass positioning motors not working... but found if I held the button in & jiggled it a bit it would star working... I stripped the switch block down and cleaned things up - bit fiddley getting apart (I think I managed to break one of the lugs... think there's either four or six clips???), so suggest you work the switches a bit & get them going... much less hassle! regards John
PS the link above in FrenchMike's post is good...

lathbury
3rd February 2015, 20:26
Hi everybody, Thanks for the advice, I tried jiggling the switches and they worked then didn't, so I stripped the switch pack down and cleaned all the switches as described. Great. Many thanks for all the advice, it was much appreciated.