PDA

View Full Version : Something for the T4 Gurus

Reebs
22nd January 2015, 21:41
Whilst looking through some workshop notes of yesteryear, I came across this communication to dealers from MG Rover which relates to a software issue for certain IPKs and the then T4 diagnostic software.

I thought I'd share it for those that hadn't seen it. I've been told that several members cars when hooked up to T4 for dealer option changes, report that no market configuration has ever been set for the vehicle, perhaps this is the reason why?

Anyway here's the bulletin

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/T4%20IPK%20Glitch.jpg

rich17865
22nd January 2015, 21:48
I suspect the latest version of the disc that we are using doesn't have this problem. Seeing as the letter is dated Feb 2002.

Cannot remember the part numbers like Brian can :o

Reebs
22nd January 2015, 21:54
Yes, I imagine it's long been fixed, but there were probably a heck of a lot of new cars that came through the dealerships at the time and hadn't had their market configurations set, to this day.

Typhoon190
22nd January 2015, 22:09
I wonder if it was resolved.

Phil T-4 visited me to help sort out the IPK and LSM on my project car. At some point, it had been fitted with a standard IPK instead of a message centre, and standard LSM, instead of Xenon LSM.

On fitting a replacement message centre with sounder, I asked Phil whether it was possible to use the IPK sounder for the PDC, instead of the sounder fitted in the loadspace, as it's a 2001 ZT-T. At the time he was unable to get the sounder to work with the PDC. :shrug:

sworks
23rd January 2015, 18:54
Your bulletin link isn't working for me Paul but I'm guessing it's 010/02 ? To be fair to MGR the new discs were released very quickly once they knew there was an issue. This happened quite a lot when an item changed or a new disc was released. Cars should have been connected upto T4 at service so any non configured cars should have been rectified after not too long a time. Unfortunately, in my opinion, this option wasn't carried out at PDI. I always did and also checked once T4 was connected for any work, and still do and the amount of cars with no market configuration was huge

Reebs
23rd January 2015, 19:52
Yes, sorry about the picture in the opening link, don't know what happened there? But it's restored now and yes it's the bulletin you thought it was Mark.

max1
23rd January 2015, 21:06
My tourer, vin no. 247371, and off line on 21st Feb 02, was not configured and was first
done at a Midlands nano meet in October last year.