PDA

View Full Version : 54th Halfway House meet. 15th Feb

FLYING BANANA
25th January 2015, 12:02
54th meet at The Halfway House.

Noon till late.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around four years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet, there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend, it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area, serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.
After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The Administrators of the MGRSE are Alan Hodgson - Bob Burgess - Daniel Chilton - Lauren Hawthorne and Danny Fox.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT RUBBISH IN THE BINS PROVIDED OR TAKE HOME WITH YOU PLEASE.

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS
The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden - Wheelchair Access - Disabled Toilet - Baby Changing Facility - Outdoor Children's Play Area - Car Parking for 100+ Cars - Debit & Credit Cards Accepted - Great Hot Food - Good Selection of Beers, Wine and Spirits.
Also on site is a Little Chef and a Travelodge Hotel.

MG-Rover South East can be found on Facebook.

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:::::::::::

Alan - Rover BRM
Andrew - Rover 220
John C. - Rover 220
SJC - Rover 75
Woof25 - Rover 75 Duo Tone.
Beejay - Rover 75
David75 - Rover 75
J-AT - Rover 75 tourer
Dragonheart65 - MG ZT
Rick-Sta - MG ZT with Quads.
Jordan Apex - MG ZT
Bob - MG ZT "RedFive"
Woody804 - MG ZT Trophy Yellow
Phil-T4 - MG ZTT. In another sought after colour
Dave W. - MG ZTT.
Craig - MG ZS
PeterZS - MG ZS Trophy Yellow
Daytona 365 - MG ZS Trophy Yellow
Carla MG ZS. Spectre is the colour. And the only ZS produced in this colour.
Dave S. - MG ZS Trophy Yellow. Maybe
ZiggyZS - MG ZS
Jamie - MG ZR
MH - MG ZR
Billy H. - MG ZR
AndyBasildon - MG TF
Eamonn - MG TF
Maxine - MG TF. In Lamborghini Orange.
Andrew - MG TF

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

AndyBasildon
25th January 2015, 18:49
Am off that Sunday will try to come along again. Was impressed at the turn out and like myself many first timers that were made welcome.

FLYING BANANA
25th January 2015, 18:50
Am off that Sunday will try to come along again. Was impressed at the turn out and like myself many first timers that were made welcome.
Nice to meet you and nice to know you are returning for another meet. Name on the list.

Phil-T4
1st February 2015, 11:34
Add me to the list please Bob :D

FLYING BANANA
1st February 2015, 12:56
Add me to the list please Bob :D

You'll be most welcome Phil. Name on list.

beejay
2nd February 2015, 19:49
All being well, I'll be down Bob. Air bag light back on again!!!!!

FLYING BANANA
2nd February 2015, 20:59
All being well, I'll be down Bob. Air bag light back on again!!!!!
Well Phil T4 will be here so no doubt he'll be able to help you out Barry.
And it will be nice to see you again. Name on the ever growing list.

Woof25
3rd February 2015, 08:48
Hi Bob I think Woof can fit this one ionto our busy schedule see you all there, has anyone heard from gary lately ?

FLYING BANANA
3rd February 2015, 08:58
Hi Bob I think Woof can fit this one ionto our busy schedule see you all there, has anyone heard from gary lately ?

OK Mike name on list.

I have PM'd Gary a few times but he seems to be keeping himself very busy these days. He did say that he hoped to attend again this year.

Jordan Apex
3rd February 2015, 11:58
I mIghtfield pop down for this one :)

FLYING BANANA
3rd February 2015, 13:14
I mIghtfield pop down for this one :)
Ok Jordan be nice to see you again. Name on the ever growing list.

sjc
12th February 2015, 14:04
Anyone have a V6 cruise control kit they want to sell and bring it to this meet?
even better if there's someone who could fit it for a decent donation to their beer fund!

Woof25
12th February 2015, 15:04
Well first be sure you have the appropriate connections behind glovebox, in centre console ,and steering wheel connection I had it added retrospectively a full wiring loom with switches could be as much as 100 gbp and if you want full resume that means changing code in the ECU but if you happy then a simple installation should be cheaper anyway good luck whatever you decide

Rick-sta
12th February 2015, 16:48
could you put me down for this please? I'll try my best to make it down :)

FLYING BANANA
12th February 2015, 18:12
could you put me down for this please? I'll try my best to make it down :)

Ok Mr. Loud Exhaust, name on list Rick.

Rick-sta
12th February 2015, 20:02
Ok Mr. Loud Exhaust, name on list Rick.

I'll switch the engine off and roll it in :D cheers :)

Dragonheart65
13th February 2015, 14:22
See you Sunday Bob

FLYING BANANA
13th February 2015, 14:33
See you Sunday Danny. Name on list

FLYING BANANA
14th February 2015, 08:21
Just to let people know that there has been a shake up on the Administration side of the MGRSE, aka as the Halfway House meet.

Dave Beale and Paul Woodham have stepped down because of outside issues affecting the club. Both Dave and Paul will still be attending the meets and assisting members with mechanical and electrical advice.

Both Alan Hodgson and I remain. Joining us is Daniel Chilton, Lauren Hawthorne and Danny Fox.

All meets remain the same and will continue on the 3rd Sunday of every month.

A very BIG THANK YOU to both Dave and Paul for all the hard work that they have put in to make this one of the most successful meets in the South East.

Jordan Apex
14th February 2015, 15:15
My car will be arriving in all of its dirty glory, tried to clean it last night but it only got the salt off before it poured down!

Rick-sta
14th February 2015, 15:31
My car will be arriving in all of its dirty glory, tried to clean it last night but it only got the salt off before it poured down!

Pop it into a hand carwash before arriving, thats what i'll be doing ;)

Jordan Apex
14th February 2015, 15:32
Pop it into a hand carwash before arriving, thats what i'll be doing ;)
Dont know if I could bring myself to do it!

Rick-sta
14th February 2015, 22:04
Dont know if I could bring myself to do it!

Theyre not all that bad aha. Gave the back box a good clean for ya all ready for you tomorrow mate :}

Jordan Apex
14th February 2015, 22:09
Theyre not all that bad aha. Gave the back box a good clean for ya all ready for you tomorrow mate :}

Thanks :D that's what I was going to do with it when I got home :rofl: hopefully the weather improves tomorrow!

Rick-sta
14th February 2015, 22:15
Thanks :D that's what I was going to do with it when I got home :rofl: hopefully the weather improves tomorrow!

No worries :). Could do with a bit more of a clean but youre not gonna see it again once its fitted :D

Would be ideal if its sunny tomorrow.

Jordan Apex
14th February 2015, 22:38
No worries :). Could do with a bit more of a clean but youre not gonna see it again once its fitted :D

Would be ideal if its sunny tomorrow.

The tailpipes I will, have to make sure they're nice and shiny :D yes it would be marvellous!

alanjay
14th February 2015, 22:52
Much as I'd like to be there until I'm assured the Dartford Crossing is back up to speed I'm giving it a miss.

Hopefully someone else will turn up with a 75 in a highly desirable colour, if not you'll just have to wait until the next meet,

So sadly I'll be at home with a Roast Turkey dinner while you're all having fun.

FLYING BANANA
15th February 2015, 06:57
Not to worry Alan. Hopefully a "much-sought-after-Moonstone" will cover for you.
Hope to see you at the next meet.

Woof25
15th February 2015, 14:52
Sorry not to have made it today but the 406 and various routes were jammed com pletely after queueing and not getting more than a mile in an hour and a half I decided to return home, I was involved in the chaos that was the M1 and M40 yesterday what should have been a round trip of around four hours ended up being nearly 9 hours !! But I was unscathed sadly not true for those involved in ter two crashes why cant people drive within their limits particularly in heavy fog in the early hours I hope the meet went well and all got home safely

FLYING BANANA
15th February 2015, 15:08
Not to worry as long as you are ok that's the main thing.

FLYING BANANA
15th February 2015, 15:12
Yet another fantastic turn out. 43 cars made including 2 Ford Fiesta's, a Honda Civic and an Audi TT. Then there was a Scooby as well.

And a Moonstone 75 made the meet. Just to keep Alan happy. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

grandy
15th February 2015, 18:08
hi everyone,hi Mike so sorry did not make it to meet today further health issues im'e afraid had to go to Basildon Hospital I have now got enlarged kidney had to have ultrasound at 1 oclock.and yes even on a Sunday had a virus since November and they think this may have had something to do with it, Antibiotics are no good for a virus nothing you can do just wait it out ,thankfully it has gone now but ,enough about my problems so pleased to see you had a great turn out Bob look forward to some pics soon.i can't promise I will be at the next one wish I could be with you in spirit and thinking of you all,never know you just might see the odd Audi a4 with RS headlights and rear LED rear lightshttp://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/grandy610/007_zpsa40aea2e2_zpsb7f9988b.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/grandy610/media/007_zpsa40aea2e2_zpsb7f9988b.jpg.html) all for now boys don't worry I will be just fine------GARY

FLYING BANANA
15th February 2015, 18:26
hope everything works out ok Gary. Nice to see that you are still updating your car.

grandy
15th February 2015, 18:35
hope everything works out ok gary. Nice to see that you are still updating your car.

yes it's like that virus i had you can't get rid of it. But then i think that's a good thing, gives me something to think about.fingers crossed i see you all march meet.------gary

danyul89
15th February 2015, 20:02
Yet another fantastic turn out. 43 cars made including 2 Ford Fiesta's, a Honda Civic and an Audi TT. Then there was a Scooby as well.

And a Moonstone 75 made the meet. Just to keep Alan happy. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

That was me in the Moonstone green :)

FLYING BANANA
15th February 2015, 20:04
That was me in the Moonstone green :)

And very nice as well.

FLYING BANANA
16th February 2015, 05:40
Photo's from the 54th meet.

FLYING BANANA
16th February 2015, 05:43
And more pictures

FLYING BANANA
16th February 2015, 05:47
And even more pictures

FLYING BANANA
16th February 2015, 05:51
More pictures from bright n dry day

FLYING BANANA
16th February 2015, 05:56
Even my god daughter wanted to look round the lovely cars. Seen here with her mum, Shelley, and Ziggy ZS aka as Emma.

FLYING BANANA
16th February 2015, 06:00
Last lot for now.

Rick-sta
16th February 2015, 10:09
Cheers bob :)

grandy
16th February 2015, 12:28
Last lot for now.

thanks for the pics Bob fantastic,,well done some beautiful cars there.-----GARY

AndyBasildon
16th February 2015, 18:25
A pleasant couple of hours chatting to everyone and looking at the cars.
And to boot I now know of a mechanic to keep the TF on the road .. and where there are spares...
And to the gent who gave me the mesh for the engine lid .
they look fantastic ! . didn't have my wallet with me so next month I owe you a drink in the least.

*strokes chins .. next month I might drag out the jaaaaaaaaaaag:eek::eek:

FLYING BANANA
16th February 2015, 19:37
A pleasant couple of hours chatting to everyone and looking at the cars.
And to boot I now know of a mechanic to keep the TF on the road .. and where there are spares...
And to the gent who gave me the mesh for the engine lid .
they look fantastic ! . didn't have my wallet with me so next month I owe you a drink in the least.

*strokes chins .. next month I might drag out the jaaaaaaaaaaag:eek::eek:
It was I that gave you the mesh. Mine was the Firefrost ZT with the nice chrome wheels.
And you can bring the Jaguar if you want or even Bumble Bee. Whatever you bring you'll always be made most welcome.

AndyBasildon
16th February 2015, 21:34
thank you so much and I def owe you a drink :smilie_re:

FLYING BANANA
18th February 2015, 09:05
........................Redfive.

Redfive won by one vote. Runner up was a MG ZR.

Well chuffed.