PDA

View Full Version : Raceland (go carting)

Graham1961
27th January 2015, 19:30
Hi All.

The is a Outdoor/Indoor carting complex between Haddington and Macmerry called Raceland.

There is a cafe on site and also paintballing but they have Go-carts that you can drive round an outdoor or indoor track.

Would anyone be up for a meet there......say May/June period ?

www.Raceland.co.uk

stevestrat
27th January 2015, 20:04
Yeah, I'd be up for that Graham, you can take the carts round the track, I'll take the 260 :D

Graham1961
27th January 2015, 20:07
Yeah, I'd be up for that Graham, you can take the carts round the track, I'll take the 260 :D

You could take your 260 round the track and be back at the cafe before the carts complete the circuit.:}

Astraeus
28th January 2015, 20:07
You could take your 260 round the track and be back at the cafe before the carts complete the circuit.:}

I would like to go Graham if it does not coincide with United home game. Used to like the old garkets down at Riverview at Monifieth Beach.

Chris

Graham1961
28th January 2015, 20:26
I would like to go Graham if it does not coincide with United home game. Used to like the old garkets down at Riverview at Monifieth Beach.

Chris

You will be better entertained racing a go-cart than watching your footie team....:getmecoat::D

FLYER
29th January 2015, 14:26
You will be better entertained racing a go-cart than watching your footie team....:getmecoat::D

That's below the belt.:eek:

Astraeus
29th January 2015, 14:32
That's below the belt.:eek:

I'm in the huff now... :getmecoat:

Many a truth and all that

:D

Chris

Alan_G
29th January 2015, 14:36
Definitely. I went last year with folk from work, its a brilliant laugh! :)

James.uk
29th January 2015, 15:51
Paintballing the carters as they drive past sounds fun innit.....:D:D:D

Graham1961
29th January 2015, 19:59
Paintballing the carters as they drive past sounds fun innit.....:D:D:D

That sounds a brilliant idea James....:}

Graham1961
17th February 2015, 07:45
I am going to contact Raceland today and inquire about a wee meet there, then i will post up a date on this thread ok.

There is a cafe/diner there for refreshments.

RPWC
17th February 2015, 10:10
If it was May, I might be up for it date depending. Can I bring a mate if I do ?

stevestrat
17th February 2015, 10:27
I don't think there's anything arranged for May? Broughty Ferry is March, Carter Bar is April, nowt I know of in May unless Graham is arranging a surprise party!

RPWC
17th February 2015, 10:39
I don't think there's anything arranged for May? Broughty Ferry is March, Carter Bar is April, nowt I know of in May unless Graham is arranging a surprise party!

I was meaning in our region actually Steve;), but the only thing I know of for May is the Durham MG show, EDIT what about the SARR at Thirlestane?

stevestrat
17th February 2015, 10:49
I forgot about the SARR Richard, not planned that far ahead!

Graham1961
17th February 2015, 13:57
Update on Raceland.

I have phoned them but all lines are busy, so I have E -mailed them and await a reply.

www.raceland.co.uk Link.

Graham1961
17th February 2015, 14:03
If it was May, I might be up for it date depending. Can I bring a mate if I do ?

You most certainly can Richard.

This venue is located at Gladsmuir, just outside Haddington.

I will pick a date once I hear back from Raceland, think May will be best.

Simondi
17th February 2015, 17:54
Depending on dates etc this sounds great

RPWC
17th February 2015, 18:27
Update on Raceland.

I have phoned them but all lines are busy, so I have E -mailed them and await a reply.

www.raceland.co.uk Link.
I will have to choose between SARR and this.

Graham1961
17th February 2015, 18:42
I will have to choose between SARR and this.

I will make sure it won't clash with the SARR.

Graham1961
17th February 2015, 18:58
Hi Graham

I understand you called the office and had a quick chat with one of my colleagues. We would be happy for you to have a meet here at Raceland but understand that you don't want a race event and would prefer just taster sessions. Most of our taster sessions can only be booked a couple of days in advance with the exception of a Saturday morning indoors or a Sunday morning outdoors which can be booked 1 month in advance. If you let us know what date you are thinking of we can have a look at the diary.

Yours in sport
Julie
Raceland

Show message history
2 AttachmentsView allDownload all
Outdoor-Taster-Session.pdfDownloadView This was the reply to my call/E-mail earlier today.
Indoor-Taster-Session.pdfDownloadView

Alan_G
18th February 2015, 08:46
The race events were expensive when I went but the outdoor circuit was big fast and there were 3 heats and a final. Not tried their indoor circuit.

I am up for going though as long as I am off. :)

Graham1961
18th February 2015, 08:56
The race events were expensive when I went but the outdoor circuit was big fast and there were 3 heats and a final. Not tried their indoor circuit.

I am up for going though as long as I am off. :)

Oh..it dear Alan. They need a minimum of 16 people to go on the circuit.

What I am going to recommend we all do is have a look at their website and click on 'Outdoor Carting and Indoor' on the menu at the top and have a look themselves.......www.raceland.co.uk

Ps.....The Karts are expensive, so please check the website link above (Sit Down first)

RPWC
18th February 2015, 11:31
Based on those prices , sorry Graham but I'm out ,I will go to SARR instead.;)