PDA

View Full Version : HORSESHOE PASS,LLANGOLLEN...MARCH 8th

dmt68
5th February 2015, 20:15
hi all..just wondering who,d be interested in a meet up at the horseshoe pass in llangollen on sunday march the 8th??? thinking maybe meeting up at the bottom of the pass,, then a run up to the top.. park up.. chin wag..drewl,admire each others motors... meet/greet folks over a cuppa in the cafe at the top.. theres also a souvenier/goody shop to keep swmbo happy,, grab some stunning photos of the cars with some of best scenery in the country to use as a back drop!!.. and then possibly down into llangollen for a pub meal if anyone fancies it???
Im asking as i have quite a few locals with zts and 75s whove all said that not a lot happens in this area in the way of get togethers :(... so i thought id give it a go....
for those who dont know the pass ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_Pass
and the cafe....(pondorosa)....
http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk

THE MEETING POINT IS ..THE WILD PHEASANT HOTEL.. car park @ 10am prompt..
THE WILD PHEASANT HOTEL.
Berwyn Road, Llangollen, Denbighshire LL20 8AD..

NICE BIG CAR PARK TO MEET IN.. PETROL STN JUST BEFORE IT IF ANY ONE NEEDS FUEL/NIBBLES ...

LEAVE HERE AT 10.15,,, HEAD UP TO THE TOP... MEET UP/RE GROUP.. CHIN WAG, MEET GREET... CUPPA,,, AND THEN HEAD DOWN AROUND LUNCH TIME TO A PUB FOR A MEAL FOR THOSE WHO FANCY IT,,, IF U COULD LET ME KNOW THO IF U FANCY THE PUB LUNCH SO I CAN GET AN IDEA OF NUMBERS AND ILL BOOK US INTO SOME WHERE,,,, ILL KEEP THIS TO A RELATIVELY LOW PRICE THO,, TAKES THE FUN OUT OF A TRIP IF IT LEAVES U SKINT AFTER !!

**** AND FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO KEEP THERE VEHICLES SHINY****

Everyone attending will be asked to vote for there favourite vehicle on the day (but not your own )..
the results will be declared at the end of the day.
The vehicle with the most votes will receive a small trophy+ a £20 halfords gift voucher....

so come on guys&gals... get the polish out

if youd like to come please let me know below.... be great to meet you.......:} regards dave

ok... list of those attending...

ATTENDING................... ADULTS/KIDS........................PUB MEAL YES/NO

1 DMT68-------------------- 2ADULTS ------------------------ YES
2 FULLER0554 ------------- 1 ADULT-------------------------- YES
3 JGRIFFO ----------------- 1-3ADULTS-----------------------YES
4 RONTUG ----------------- 2 ADULTS-------------------------YES
5 WESTONBOY-------------- 1or2-----------------------------YES
6 JOHNNYB44--------------- 1ADULT---------------------------YES
7 WHEELPAY ----------------1 ADULT---------------------------YES
8 CARLFORD717-------------2+2--------------------------------YES
9 WATTONWATTY------------???????---------------------------NO
10 CIMMARONG----------------2--------------------------------YES
11 FLYING BANANA------------1-2------------------------------YES
12 NEWGUY PETE--------------?????------------------------------????
13 DPL AUTOS------------------????----------------------------?????
14 BL52KRZ---------------------1/2----------------------------YES
15 JULES..............................?.............. .........................???
16 FRANK INCENSED.............?............................ .........?????

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

fuller0554
5th February 2015, 22:12
You know im coming anyway but il post just to move it back to the top.

jgriffo
5th February 2015, 22:51
I'd be up for it, especially as its only just down the road :D

FLYING BANANA
5th February 2015, 23:23
Put me down as a maybe. If attending I'll bring Redfive.

James.uk
6th February 2015, 03:26
Many moons ago, I did a lot of work at the radio station there.

Go past the cafe, and down a cart track on the right. (going up the hill) There was snow on the ground when I worked there as it was mid winter. It's an erm, interesting drive in a car, .... :eek: .. :D:D:D

rontug
6th February 2015, 04:52
I'll have some of that.Funny enough was talking about the Horseshoe pass to another member recently.Cann't think of a meeting place at the bottom tho:}

rontug
6th February 2015, 05:01
Many moons ago, I did a lot of work at the radio station there.

Go past the cafe, and down a cart track on the right. (going up the hill) There was snow on the ground when I worked there as it was mid winter. It's an erm, interesting drive in a car, .... :eek: .. :D:D:D

Know that track well.it will take you to LLangollen,, comes out by the Britiana Inn.If you turn left at the junction at the bottom of the track you refer to it will take you thru forests over a small ford in the river, and up over the moors to Minera Only a track but lots of passing places.

dmt68
6th February 2015, 10:11
just working on a meeting place at the bottom of the pass and ill let u all know... should have an answer by this evening....... and yes the drive to the top can be said to b e a "proper drive" let the old motors stretch there legs a bit, and plenty of twisty stuff to keep you thinking...
if everyone turns up should be a real good day...:D

Westonboy
6th February 2015, 11:19
I shall look forward to attending, I will make the arduous 5 mile journey from Llangollen where my Rover 75 lives.:D

fuller0554
6th February 2015, 14:56
Hey FLYING BANANA, who or what is redfive. Please tell me its what you have nicknamed the v8 your going to bring :drool4:

suzublu
6th February 2015, 15:02
Hey FLYING BANANA, who or what is redfive. Please tell me its what you have nicknamed the v8 your going to bring :drool4:

Redfive with banana ;) http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=197539

fuller0554
6th February 2015, 15:24
Sorry mate, it wont let me see them pics bud. Dont no why, just says you do not have permission, the pictures are coming up as little question marks :shrug:

suzublu
6th February 2015, 15:56
Sorry mate, it wont let me see them pics bud. Dont no why, just says you do not have permission, the pictures are coming up as little question marks :shrug:

Oops, my mistake, you have to be a subscribed user to view that area :o

jgriffo
6th February 2015, 20:10
Know that track well.it will take you to LLangollen,, comes out by the Britiana Inn.If you turn left at the junction at the bottom of the track you refer to it will take you thru forests over a small ford in the river, and up over the moors to Minera Only a track but lots of passing places.

That'll be "Worlds End", this photo doesn't really show it all that well though.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/griffiths245/DSCI0068.jpg

jgriffo
6th February 2015, 20:20
just working on a meeting place at the bottom of the pass and ill let u all know... should have an answer by this evening....... and yes the drive to the top can be said to b e a "proper drive" let the old motors stretch there legs a bit, and plenty of twisty stuff to keep you thinking...
if everyone turns up should be a real good day...:D

Llantysilio green? Decent sized car park just up behind the Chain Bridge hotel just off the B5103

rontug
7th February 2015, 08:16
Theres A large Layby On the A542 just before the cattle grid which I always class as the start of the pass.It would hold a large number of cars.if you go on google maps it can be seen just at the bottom of the pass past the farm on the left and over the cattle grid the laybe is on the right.it is infact a slip road. Those directions are coming from Llangollen

johnnyb44
7th February 2015, 17:42
Hi.
You can count me in to buddy. I couldn't think of a better place to be honest :-):-)

dmt68
7th February 2015, 17:49
hi all,, sorry for the delay... ok,, meeting point is to be the "wild pheasant "hotel car park @ 10am prompt..
THE WILD PHEASANT HOTEL.
Berwyn Road, Llangollen, Denbighshire LL20 8AD..

NICE BIG CAR PARK TO MEET IN.. PETROL STN JUST BEFORE IT IF ANY ONE NEEDS FUEL/NIBBLES :)...

LEAVE HERE AT 10.15,,, HEAD UP TO THE TOP... MEET UP/RE GROUP.. CHIN WAG, MEET GREET... CUPPA,,, AND THEN HEAD DOWN AROUND LUNCH TIME TO A PUB FOR A MEAL FOR THOSE WHO FANCY IT,,, IF U COULD LET ME KNOW THO IF U FANCY THE PUB LUNCH :drool4: SO I CAN GET AN IDEA OF NUMBERS AND ILL BOOK US INTO SOME WHERE,,,, ILL KEEP THIS TO A RELATIVELY LOW PRICE THO,, TAKES THE FUN OUT OF A TRIP IF IT LEAVES U SKINT AFTER !!

HOPE THAT SUITS MOST PEOPLE,,,:}
CHEERS DAVE appologies for the cap lock :duh:

wheelpay
8th February 2015, 07:56
yes sounds like a plans, hot brew and get away from day time tv.:}

johnnyb44
8th February 2015, 17:18
Hi Dave.
You can count me in for lunch buddy. Hopefully the good lady wife can make it to ( depending on work ).
Had a great day today meeting you and having a good chin wag with Fuller and Wheelpay.
It was really nice to meet some decent
guys. Enjoy your beers tonight buddy.
See you soon.
Johnny

FLYING BANANA
8th February 2015, 17:47
Sorry but not going to be able to attend. Have strict orders from god daughter to attend her birthday party. Maybe another time.

Picture of "Redfive" and "The Flying Banana" together.
I sold the troublesome V8 "Blue Thunder" awhile ago.

Carlford717
8th February 2015, 21:00
I'll be there

dmt68
8th February 2015, 21:29
:} ok... list of those attending...

ATTENDING................... ADULTS/KIDS........................PUB MEAL YES/NO

1 DMT68-------------------- 2ADULTS ------------------------ YES
2 FULLER0554 ------------- 2 ADULTS+2--------------------- YES
3 JGRIFFO ----------------- 1-3ADULTS-----------------------YES
4 RONTUG ----------------- 2-ADULTS-------------------------YES
5 WESTONBOY-------------- 1or2-----------------------------YES
6 JOHNNYB44--------------- 1ADULT---------------------------YES
7 WHEELPAY ----------------1 ADULT---------------------------YES
8 CARLFORD717-------------2+2--------------------------------YES
9 WATTONWATTY------------???????---------------------------NO
10 CIMMARONG----------------2--------------------------------YES
11 FLYING BANANA------------1-2------------------------------YES
12 NEWGUY PETE--------------?????------------------------------????
13 DPL AUTOS------------------????----------------------------?????
14 BL52KRZ---------------------1/2----------------------------YES
15 JULES..............................???............ ......................?????
16 FRANK INCENSED................??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,??????
17 DEREK S............................??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,??

dmt68
10th February 2015, 19:16
shameless bump :D still plenty of room for more if u fancy a cracking day out with like minded individuals.... get your names down folks :D:D:D

wheelpay
10th February 2015, 21:01
ill pass on the meal after

Carlford717
12th February 2015, 09:33
2 adults, 2 Kids, yes to meal (for adults)

wattonwatty
17th February 2015, 18:40
I shall be visiting my mother in Gobowen on the sat night and staying over so would you mind if I tag along on the Sunday morning. Not interested in the meal but would like to have a chat with like minded individuals.

johnnyb44
17th February 2015, 18:51
The more the merrier.
I lived in Gobowen for most of my life buddy. Maybe we know each other. Everybody is welcome to the club meets.
Johnny

dmt68
17th February 2015, 18:53
as johnny b said.... be great to meet like minded individuals.. so your more than welcome.:D
ill post up some more details during the week,, but theres plenty of room for anyone whod like to join us.:}

Westonboy
17th February 2015, 18:54
I shall be visiting my mother in Gobowen on the sat night and staying over so would you mind if I tag along on the Sunday morning. Not interested in the meal but would like to have a chat with like minded individuals.

Come along and join us, I'll talk to you even if you do drive an MG :D:D:D

dmt68
17th February 2015, 19:06
well myself and 3 others all drive MGs too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so if weston boy can keep up then he maybe able to talk to us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:getmecoat:

only jokin,,,therell be a warm welcome for anyone who attends :}

wattonwatty
17th February 2015, 19:14
Come along and join us, I'll talk to you even if you do drive an MG :D:D:D

MG for my sins....but that's because I'm under the age of 50 :p:

And as for Gobowen...... Mom has only recently moved there and every time I visit I seem to be held up by that flippin railway crossing :eek:.......so will see everyone at the Wild Pheasant.

dmt68
17th February 2015, 19:20
MG for my sins....but that's because I'm under the age of 50 :p:

:sissy: HOW TRUE:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CimmaronG
20th February 2015, 20:26
Room for one from the Midlands, just a 75 though, two adults (under 50:D) with a meal.:chat:

dmt68
21st February 2015, 07:48
Room for one from the Midlands, just a 75 though, two adults (under 50:D) with a meal.:chat:

deffinately... the more the merrier.. ,, ill amend the page to show your attending.....:}

ill be posting further details up tomorow of the venue for the sunday lunch,, and details of a little something for later on in the day !!!!! watch this space as they say :D

dmt68
23rd February 2015, 19:24
ok... so after lunch , im hoping we can have a leisurley 5 min drive down into llangolen to this place.. https://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en/visitor/places-to-visit/museums-and-historic-houses/plas-newydd.aspx
Plas Newydd is a historic house in the town of Llangollen, Denbighshire, Wales, and was the home of the Ladies of Llangollen, Lady Eleanor Butler and Sarah Ponsonby, for nearly 50 years. Today, it is run as a museum by Denbighshire County Council

i have it on good authority we can use the grounds for a little photo session..
The grounds have been used by the Rolls Royce, Jaguar, and Mazda mx clubs recently for photo shoots... and if its good enough for them,, then its good enough for us !:D:D

The head gardener is happy for us to use the grounds and would love to see the cars as he only sold his Rover 75 a couple of months ago..;)

A big thankyou must go to Westonboy for his help in gettin this venue sorted for us..

So come on guys get those 75s and Zts shiny

ILL POST UP THE MEAL VENUE TOMORROW EVENING,, JUST WAITING ON A CALL BACK...

looking forward to meeting you all,,,

regards dave

dmt68
23rd February 2015, 19:41

Everyone attending will be asked to vote for there favourite vehicle on the day (but not your own :duh: )..
The vehicle with the most votes will receive a small trophy+ a £20 halfords gift voucher....;)

so come on guys&gals... get the polish out :drool4::drool4:

jgriffo
23rd February 2015, 21:06
Looking forward to this more and more.

Once you have confirmed the meal afterwards I'll be able to say if it'll just be me or me +3 :D

FLYING BANANA
24th February 2015, 07:49
I may just be able to make this after all. Will confirm tomorrow. Will probably bring Redfive.

johnnyb44
1st March 2015, 12:44
I'm so looking forward to next week's meet.. Unfortunately the wife is working so it's just me going. Let's hope the weather is better than it is today.
Johnny

jgriffo
1st March 2015, 22:14
Just a heads up to everyone coming into Llan on the A5, there is currently a long set of traffic lights starting just after the golf club and running all the way into town (road subsiding apparently) probably not going to be a problem at that time on a Sunday though.

FLYING BANANA
2nd March 2015, 10:04
Still hoping to attend. It is a 4 hour 200 mile run for me. But I endeavour to make it. If I don't see you at the starting point then I'll meet you at the pub.

dmt68
2nd March 2015, 21:40
Pub details will be posted tomorrow evening (Tuesday).
Sorry for the delay guys....

wattonwatty
3rd March 2015, 07:47

Everyone attending will be asked to vote for there favourite vehicle on the day....
The vehicle with the most votes will receive a small trophy+ a £20 halfords gift voucher....;)

Oh no......I feel under pressure now!!!!!! :eek:

NewGuyPete
3rd March 2015, 09:18
Would you Gent,s mind if I join you,.
Could do with clearing the cobwebs out,
I mean me not the car.
No meal required.

Cheers Pete.

CPowell78
3rd March 2015, 10:44
Would you Gent,s mind if I join you,.
I mean me not the car.
No meal required.

Cheers Pete.

I may pop along for a hour in the morning if thats ok? Ill bring my 260 :D

dmt68
3rd March 2015, 12:57
I may pop along for a hour in the morning if thats ok? Ill bring my 260 :D

be good to see u bud... the more the merrier as they say

dmt68
3rd March 2015, 13:08
OK FOOD.....:drool4:

THE PUB BOOKED FOR THE MEAL IS A LOVELY FAMILY PUB,, RECENTLY REVAMPED & WITH AMPLE PARKING & NICE SCENERY TOO.....

THE BERWYN ARMS.....
Address: Glyndyfrdwy, Corwen, Denbighshire LL21 9EY
Phone:01490 430210

MEAL PRICES AS FOLLOWS... SMALL SUNDAY ROAST...£6.95
.......................................MEDIUM SUNDAY ROAST...£7.95
.........................................LARGE SUNDAY ROAST...£8.95

CHOICE OF MEATS AVAILABLE........:drool4:

IVE BOOKED US IN FOR 12.30.....

ANYONE WANTING FOOD LET ME KNOW ASAP PLEASE....

dmt68
3rd March 2015, 13:09
would you gent,s mind if i join you,.
i mean me not the car.
No meal required.

Cheers pete.

pete, your more than welcome mate,, be good to see u..:d

FLYING BANANA
3rd March 2015, 13:27
Stick me down for food please.

Westonboy
3rd March 2015, 15:18
Hi Dave, Put me down for food x 2, Due to commitments I will be missing out on any morning activities but will meet up with you at the Berwyn Arms.

johnnyb44
3rd March 2015, 15:36
Hi Dave.
Could you book me in for a meal buddy The wife's working unfortunately so its just me on Sunday
Cheers....
Johnny

bl52krz
3rd March 2015, 19:09
Hi Dave, please put me down for a meal.You have not got me on the list yet though? See you Sunday. Hope the weather is good. Shame to polish the car and it pours of rain.

dmt68
3rd March 2015, 19:10
WELL,, if everyone who says there coming, turns up, then this should be an awesome day..:D
Im goin to say a big thankyou now to "westonboy", whos help has been invaluable in helping me sort this meet..:bowdown:

IF ANYONE ELSE FANCIES COMING THEN GET YOUR NAME DOWN QUICK!!;)

EVERYONE WHO HAS THERE NAME DOWN WILL RECEIVE A PM WITH MY MOBILE TEL NO ON IT, IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEMS ON THE WAY...;)

LOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU ALL...
REGARDS DAVE

dmt68
3rd March 2015, 19:19
[QUOTE=bl52krz;1937781]Hi Dave, please put me down for a meal.You have not got me on the list yet though? See you Sunday. Hope the weather is good. Shame to polish the car and it pours of rain.[/QUO

All done sir,,, as for the rain.... ive booked sunshine.:D:D:D:D:D:D:bowdown:

be good to meet you mate....

CimmaronG
3rd March 2015, 19:44
:drool4: Food x2 please :D

dmt68
3rd March 2015, 19:53
:drool4: Food x2 please :D

done sir..;)

rontug
5th March 2015, 16:49
two more for food please Dave

Westonboy
5th March 2015, 16:56
two more for food please Dave

Glad your coming on Sunday Ron, it will be great to meet up again.

dmt68
5th March 2015, 21:20
only 3 days to go...:
:driving: :chat:

jgriffo
5th March 2015, 22:23
I'll only be down for the morning so no food for me :-(

Got some guests over that afternoon so will have to get back for them.

Looking forward to the meet and hope to get some good photos.

dmt68
6th March 2015, 21:59

Everyone attending will be asked to vote for there favourite vehicle on the day (but not your own :duh: )..

i think "johnnyb44" is gonna take some outshining guys ...... last time i looked in his oh so shiny boot, it was full of valeting chemicals !! enough to rival most valeting bays..:shrug: :D:D :D

pretty sure we can give him a run for his money tho lol;)

johnnyb44
7th March 2015, 16:10
What a cracking day its been today. The temperatures up ,the sun is out and the wife's out at work. Yeee haaa !!! A good excuse to give the car a good clean. ( 3 hours worth ) ,Lets hope tomorrows weather is going to hold for the meet. Cant wait to put faces to names and have good chat. See you all tomorrow.
Johnny

bl52krz
7th March 2015, 16:16
Hi Nigel. Might see you on the way up to the horseshoe tomorrow. Gold 75.

CimmaronG
7th March 2015, 16:23
Hi Nigel. Might see you on the way up to the horseshoe tomorrow. Gold 75.

Will look out for you, cimarron green tourer. Leaving around 8ish

bl52krz
7th March 2015, 17:25
I won't be leaving until 8.30 so it will be catch-up if I can.

dmt68
7th March 2015, 18:52
ive heard a little rumour that a certain "FULLER0554" has been busy polishing his zt 190 all day...:clap:

And i believe "Carlford717" was spotted this afternoon givin his 1.8turbo a little lovin :D:D

Jules
7th March 2015, 19:33
Late entry as usual !!

Mrs Jules ........Copperleaf Tourer

Jules...... Xpower ZT (just bought as a non runner from Hereford)

A maybe:
Bob Middleton....... Starlight Contemporary coming all the way from High Wycombe for an MOT with us on Monday.
(told him to pop into this on his way up ) :)

johnnyb44
7th March 2015, 19:34
I thought it looked very bright to the north of Oswestry Dave. The sunshine has been reflected off there lovely cars dazzling us townies today
This competition for the shinest car is starting to get serious lol :-) :-) :-) :-).
I think I'll bring my sunglasses along tomorrow to cut the glare down :-) :-)
See you tomorrow Buddy

johnnyb44
7th March 2015, 19:37
Late entry as usual !!

Mrs Jules ........Copperleaf Tourer

Jules...... Xpower ZT (just bought as a non runner from Hereford)

A maybe:
Bob Middleton....... Starlight Contemporary coming all the way from High Wycombe for an MOT with us on Monday.
(told him to pop into this on his way up ) :)

It will be nice to see you again Jules especially this time without car troubles
Johhny

Jules
7th March 2015, 19:40
I will have my T4 with me if anyone wants some dark magic performing

dmt68
7th March 2015, 19:52
hi jules,, be great to see u ... just a quick question tho.... with your t4 would u be able to deactivate the shine on "johnnyb44"s motor to give the rest of us a sporting chance?:duh: maybe just a simple "automatic lock" of the boot could be enabled, as i happen to know this is where he keeps his box of miracle shine :D:D

johnnyb44
7th March 2015, 19:58
I've got a feeling somebody's going to egg my car tonight. I'm going to stick the wife outside it tonight on guard duties :-) :-) :-)

dmt68
7th March 2015, 21:03
I've got a feeling somebody's going to egg my car tonight. I'm going to stick the wife outside it tonight on guard duties :-) :-) :-)
I doubt anything i throw at it would stick to that finish,,,pretty sure thats a teflon coating you keep applying :p:

Frank Incensed
7th March 2015, 22:05
.................... IF U COULD LET ME KNOW THO IF U FANCY THE PUB LUNCH SO I CAN GET AN IDEA OF NUMBERS AND ILL BOOK US INTO SOME WHERE.......................

Add me to the list, please Dave.

Hope the weather's good, even though rain would help to hide the grime!:o

Robert

dmt68
7th March 2015, 22:09
added buddy... be good to see you..;)

DerekS
7th March 2015, 22:44
Is there a prize for the even later entry ?
Ill do my best to attend , and hope for a publunch with you .
Derek S. sorry for the late notice, but things are not always under my control . :o

johnnyb44
7th March 2015, 22:47
The more the merrier buddy. It looks like it's going to be a good turnout.
Johnny

FLYING BANANA
8th March 2015, 03:33
Be leaving home about 05.30. see you all somewhere there. I'll be there in Redfive.

Jules
8th March 2015, 07:36
Dave just a suggestion ......
Why not put the whole itinerary on the first post (and the last) cos we had to do a bit of searching to find this bit in a poor signal area somewhere in Herefordshire

Jules

ok... so after lunch , im hoping we can have a leisurley 5 min drive down into llangolen to this place.. https://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en/visitor/places-to-visit/museums-and-historic-houses/plas-newydd.aspx
Plas Newydd is a historic house in the town of Llangollen, Denbighshire, Wales, and was the home of the Ladies of Llangollen, Lady Eleanor Butler and Sarah Ponsonby, for nearly 50 years. Today, it is run as a museum by Denbighshire County Council

i have it on good authority we can use the grounds for a little photo session..
The grounds have been used by the Rolls Royce, Jaguar, and Mazda mx clubs recently for photo shoots... and if its good enough for them,, then its good enough for us !:D:D

The head gardener is happy for us to use the grounds and would love to see the cars as he only sold his Rover 75 a couple of months ago..;)

A big thankyou must go to Westonboy for his help in gettin this venue sorted for us..

So come on guys get those 75s and Zts shiny

ILL POST UP THE MEAL VENUE TOMORROW EVENING,, JUST WAITING ON A CALL BACK...

looking forward to meeting you all,,,

regards dave

fuller0554
8th March 2015, 10:25
Hi jules we are currently at the ponderosa horseshoe past till around quarter to 12 then we are head to the berwyn arms for dinner and will probably be there for a cuople of hours i will update if i can later.

Jules
8th March 2015, 12:33
Arrived at Berwyn 12.35 to be greeted by some very shiney cars so we've hidden our 2 round the back :o
Log fire is very welcoming and the mystery Ale is devine.

Remembered 5 of the guys names so that's not bad !

Frank Incensed
8th March 2015, 18:17
Especially Dave and those who helped him put it together. The weather on the Horseshoe Pass was pretty dismal but the varied colours of some highly polished MG and Rover cars shamed the sun into coming out and trying to outshine them.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_1144254fc9aea1834d.jpg (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20185)

At the Ponderosa. Thank goodness our cars had the colours to brighten the gloom.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_1144254fc9b142c793.jpg (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20186)

At Plas Newydd with Castell Dinas Bran on the hilltop in the background ........ beautiful sunshine
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/1144254fc9b5e0c809.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/1144254fc9b32eb5f9.jpg

Bob even had a dry car when being presented with his prize for the best turned out - Redfive:}

David Lawrence
8th March 2015, 18:34
Splendid photos there, looks like this meet will be a popular one to watch out for. Sorry i couldnt make it today.

Westonboy
8th March 2015, 18:41
Big thank you to DMT68 (Dave) for todays Llangollen get together. I was really impressed by the enthusiasm and dedication of so many members , some who travelled considerable distance in miserable weather to make the day such a success. Dave you were quite magnificent , you showed the sort of commitment that makes this club so special. Thank you to the unflappable member who took charge of the parking for the photo shoot, and well done Mr and Mrs Jules for attending my humble abode and eating my biscuits.

bl52krz
8th March 2015, 19:01
Really enjoyed meeting DMT68 Dave,Westonboy, Cimmeron and wife, and all the other members who attended.The weather may have been not very good, but the company was. Really enjoyed the meeting at the country house. Trouble is the time goes to quick. Must thank all those who took part in organising this meet. When's the next?

johnnyb44
8th March 2015, 19:29
What I great day its been today. Fantastic company ,Good food and brilliant surroundings. Seen some lovely looking cars and was proud to be part of it. Driving through Llangollen in the long convoy of 20 odd Zt/ 75s turned a few heads in the town as we took over the roads while passing through. A pretty awesome sight ..A big thank you to Dave and Westonboy who put in the effort to make this day so great.
It was nice to put faces to usernames on here and look forward to future meets.
Johnny

CimmaronG
8th March 2015, 19:30
Thanks to DMT68, Dave, for organising a great day, even if the weather was wet, but the sun eventually shone through. Good to put names to faces.

FLYING BANANA
8th March 2015, 19:49
Just home from a fantastic day out. 4 1/2 hours home. Road works and a nasty accident on the A14. We covered 451 miles on the round trip, got quarter tank left.

A GREAT BIG THANKYOU to Dave for putting it altogether. I really enjoyed the day. Even the rain didn't dampen the day. Many thanks to Westonboy and Westongirl for finding us a lovely spot to get some nice photo's together. Nice to see some old faces and new ones.

Many thanks for those who voted for Redfive, Well chuffed at winning a trophy, and beating a well turned out 260. Sorry Pete.

Next time I'll bring Banana.

Frank Incensed
8th March 2015, 19:53
Missed posting this one of Bob (Flying Banana) and the prize-winning Redfive.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20189

jgriffo
8th March 2015, 20:05
Was a good day (or morning in my case) annoyed I missed out on the pub lunch and photos later on especially as the sun finally made it out, but there's always next time.

Great to meet everyone and thanks to Dave and everyone involved for sorting it all out :}

johnnyb44
8th March 2015, 20:07
Hi.
Does anybody have any objections to me putting a short clip of our car's on You tube.
I thought I'd better ask permission first.
Johnny

jgriffo
8th March 2015, 20:13
Hi.
Does anybody have any objections to me putting a short clip of our car's on You tube.
I thought I'd better ask permission first.
Johnny

No objections here, go ahead.

wheelpay
8th March 2015, 20:14
good day off to wet start 1300 feet asl. by mid afternoon sun arrived in time to try shunt cars about for few photos of which i have sone but know idea how put them on here,theres about 30. thanks to dave (mr grimley) for making it happen.............in the mean time, i fancy a v8 lol

wheelpay
8th March 2015, 20:15
let us know how to find the short clip please

johnnyb44
8th March 2015, 20:23
Hi.Wheelplay.
I will give it a little time before I load it just in case there are any objections. I just walked round all the cars and caught a few members and Dan's little boy in it. Nothing overly exciting but still nice all the same.
Johnny

rontug
8th March 2015, 20:34
Likewise :} Most enjoyable day despite the weather, although the sun did shine towards the end of the day. Thanks to Dave for his organisation. Westonboy & westongirl for directing traffic.And all who attended and made the day most enjoyable. Ron (Maybe tea & biscuits next time Alan)

dmt68
8th March 2015, 20:40
Well,,,,, what a fantastic turnout!! despite the weather doing its best to dampen things initially,, it did eventually put in an appearance :cool:
Again a massive thankyou to everyone who came,,, stilll cant believe how far some of you travelled..:bowdown:
WESTONBOY&GIRL did us proud with the photo venue so a massive thankyou to them both.;)
The result of the "best of the day" competition, as voted for by all who attended, was a win for REDFIVE :drool4: stunning motor indeed sir!
It was a very close call tho as there was only one vote less for the blue v8 wich i believe was petes... both stunning cars tho, and a credit to there owners..
Talking of credit due... id just like to add that it was brilliant to see that nearly every car was immaculate or very near,, most of them cleaned &polished to a very high standard...all cars were a credit to there owners, and the club too...
Now for the embarrasing bit,,, ive got loads of pictures from todays meet but ive no idea how to resize them,, or even if theyll need doing for that matter,, so if the powers that be feel the need to alter them , then please feel free...
So thats all from me for now,, was brilliant to meet you all,, and thankyou all so much for coming..;)
Dave&Amanda

rontug
8th March 2015, 20:45
:} Thanks Dave for today really enjoyed it.look forward to next one.Ron

dmt68
8th March 2015, 20:52
some more to follow so bear with me .........................:duh:

CimmaronG
8th March 2015, 20:56
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_2125154fcbfdf4fdd6.jpg ('http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20190')
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_2125154fcc1a239d2b.jpg ('http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20191')
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_2125154fcc1a311cad.jpg ('http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20193')
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_2125154fcc1a2a927d.jpg ('http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20192')

dmt68
8th March 2015, 21:03
more.................

Simondi
8th March 2015, 21:05
Looks like a good time was had, thanks for sharing

Westonboy
8th March 2015, 21:10
To Rontug, Glad you enjoyed the day Ron, Sorry you had to wait so long for your lunch, obviously those who wore club sweatshirts got premium service.:D

dmt68
8th March 2015, 21:16
yet more......................

dmt68
8th March 2015, 21:31

fuller0554
8th March 2015, 21:36
Had a crackin day tday, met some really nice people and some really nice cars. Even the kids had fun, ella said she just didnt like the bit where it rained, i think she ment running from the cars to the cafe and back :-). My car looked great, or atleast i thought so (as did every1 elses) but it wouldnt have without daves (dmt68) help getting it ready all day saturday and it wouldnt have even made it without his help replacing my burst coolant pipe on saturday morning so thanks mate, for that and today. Also thanks to the westons for arraging the access to the grounds of the place we took pictures it was a lovely place.

Hello johny nice to see you today mate, its fine with us bud if you want to put pics on youtube mate but its really good of you to ask first bud, really appreciate it mate. Let me know the link when its been done so we can have a look :} see you soon

dmt68
8th March 2015, 21:42

dmt68
8th March 2015, 21:46
and finally,,, who the hell was this good looking dude ?????????????????????:getmecoat:

Jules
8th March 2015, 21:48
17 cars .....great turn out Thanks Dave !!

Few pics from my phone.
Not sire how a panoramic one will display on here shall I give it a try ?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2OVvI4AwGDI/VPzUawQYsJI/AAAAAAAASlI/ZJPj59ZNOWY/w702-h527-no/20150308_145251.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--cHMi0W8J-4/VPzUke8__UI/AAAAAAAASlQ/Zg9xq0MMnuA/w702-h527-no/20150308_145220.jpg

dmt68
8th March 2015, 21:53
17 cars .....great turn out Thanks Dave !!

Few pics from my phone.
Not sire how a panoramic one will display on here shall I give it a try ?

hi jules,, was good to see u and mrs jules today, and thanks for making the time to come....much appreciated ;)
any pics u have mate,, get em up !!! and panoramic eh..?? go for it, give it a try... :}

David Lawrence
9th March 2015, 05:11

were you guys on the move along the A483 at about 9.30 ?

My brain was a bit slow and i noticed 4 x 75's within about 5 minutes along there as I was heading towards Chester. Didn't connect it with the meet at the time.

wheelpay
9th March 2015, 07:28
were you guys on the move along the A483 at about 9.30 ?

My brain was a bit slow and i noticed 4 x 75's within about 5 minutes along there as I was heading towards Chester. Didn't connect it with the meet at the time.

yes dave was 4 going up the a483 from gledrid,id come through chirk lol

Jules
9th March 2015, 14:10
Few more snaps from phone :cool:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rffZATAuiF0/VPzUt9vh5DI/AAAAAAAASlY/CxqgtJXelhE/w702-h527-no/20150308_150435.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-esMKvqq0_eA/VPzU4x4eXRI/AAAAAAAASlg/GaSSGmoylRY/w702-h527-no/20150308_150703.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-adZkK3F3wZg/VPzVBH_sOEI/AAAAAAAASlo/uRPOC1q_lRg/w702-h527-no/20150308_145047.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ohc8eiiEPO8/VPzVKz1tbLI/AAAAAAAASlw/hrGpgTn21OA/w702-h527-no/20150308_150409.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hQB8nXlzXFo/VPzUPAqa2DI/AAAAAAAASlA/TG2eNlD3Bzw/w702-h527-no/20150308_145007.jpg

James.uk
9th March 2015, 14:47
>>>well done Mr and Mrs Jules for attending my humble abode and eating my biscuits<<<

Erm, You live in Weston Super Mare??? Did Jules satnav throw a wobbler then???

:wantpics:

rontug
9th March 2015, 15:42
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/ronfearon/one_zpsawwkt6tp.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/ronfearon/media/one_zpsawwkt6tp.jpg.html)

rontug
9th March 2015, 15:44
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/ronfearon/DSCF0188_zpsvffsqyqh.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/ronfearon/media/DSCF0188_zpsvffsqyqh.jpg.html)
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/ronfearon/DSCF0185_zpsgsuewb1q.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/ronfearon/media/DSCF0185_zpsgsuewb1q.jpg.html)

Westonboy
9th March 2015, 15:46
Hello James, I live at several addresses, it keeps me one step ahead of my creditors.:D

rontug
9th March 2015, 15:49
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/ronfearon/5_zpsptpo2xbz.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/ronfearon/media/5_zpsptpo2xbz.jpg.html)

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/ronfearon/7_zpsjt3azz7b.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/ronfearon/media/7_zpsjt3azz7b.jpg.html)

James.uk
9th March 2015, 15:58
I would have loved to attend, but it is still too cold for me, anything below 54f -- 10c ish starts me off coughing.. :o

(C.O.P.D. innit) ...

wattonwatty
9th March 2015, 16:07
Just like to say thank you to all that attended and making me feel welcome on my first club meet in Wales. Some great looking cars on show and good to put faces to usernames. Has anyone put any footage on YouTube yet as I want to show my wife the posse of cars...... I forgot my camcorder!
Oh .....and I enjoyed the pub meal as well whilst having a chat with club members. :D

rontug
9th March 2015, 16:14
To Rontug, Glad you enjoyed the day Ron, Sorry you had to wait so long for your lunch, obviously those who wore club sweatshirts got premium service.:D

(LOL) Alan you don't know how close you came to me helping myself to yours.good job you never left the table.Yeah I,m sure I was wey down the pecking order

johnnyb44
9th March 2015, 16:27
Hi.
I've managed to do a short YouTube clip. ( first one ever ) I don't know how to do links but if you type in The 75/Zt club meet Llangollen on YouTubes search bar you should find it. Its nothing special as it was done with my Camera Phone.
Many thanks
Johnny

Westonboy
9th March 2015, 16:32
(LOL) Alan you don't know how close you came to me helping myself to yours.good job you never left the table.Yeah I,m sure I was wey down the pecking order

Ron, You probably noticed Jane and I were first in the pub, I told them I was big in the club and they insisted on treating me like royalty.:D

Fusilier
9th March 2015, 16:33
Hi.
I've managed to do a short YouTube clip. ( first one ever ) I don't know how to do links but if you type in The 75/Zt club meet Llangollen on YouTubes search bar you should find it. Its nothing special as it was done with my Camera Phone.
Many thanks
Johnny

Thanks for posting up, enjoy watching video's of our cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YJ_L_Mkbo

Stu

NewGuyPete
10th March 2015, 19:34
Hi Folks

Firstly, Big Thanks to dmt68(Dave) for arranging a fantastic meet.

Been some 20+years since last ln Llangollen, nothing little has changed.
Pity the weather was dreadful in the morning,for the drive over the Pass,but what a good drive.
Pleasant surprise when we reached the Berwyn Arms, the Landlord and son came from Manchester.
Then a better surprise was that beautiful Plas Newydd and grounds.
Had a wonderful time and chat with most,and surprised but not dissappointed to be picked as runner-up to Redfive (Bob).
Hope to see you all again in the future (possibly POL).

Cheers Pete.

FLYING BANANA
11th March 2015, 07:16
Many thanks again to voting Redfive to win her Trophy and Voucher. All the cars were stunning on the day and a credit to there owners. Here's a few pictures of the day.

FLYING BANANA
11th March 2015, 07:20
And even more pictures.

FLYING BANANA
11th March 2015, 07:26
Last lot of pictures.

wattonwatty
11th March 2015, 13:02

The only decent photo I managed to take before the phone died :mad: but nevertheless I still enjoyed the morning.:D

FLYING BANANA
11th March 2015, 14:11

The only decent photo I managed to take before the phone died :mad: but nevertheless I still enjoyed the morning.:D
Nice 'moody' shot.

James.uk
11th March 2015, 14:46
Nice day out.. :}

But--- We need to be carefull not to turn the meets into mini car shows, as that will deter a lot of people who's cars are showing their age.. innit.. :}

We should try to promote that meetings are about people, less about cars.. ;) :}

Westonboy
11th March 2015, 16:43

But--- We need to be carefull not to turn the meets into mini car shows, as that will deter a lot of people who's cars are showing their age.. innit.. :}

We should try to promote that meetings are about people, less about cars.. ;) :}

Dave who organised the event was great, he made sure that everyone had a wonderful day and I personally found it by far the most social meet that I have attended.:bowdown:

DerekS
11th March 2015, 17:12

A good idea 'James' ... so I suggest a concours d'elegance for People, NOT the cars . :eek: :drool4:

rontug
11th March 2015, 17:30
I,ll second westonboys comment cars were secondary in my opinion.altho all washed and polished.(as mine always is because thats the way I keep it)The social aspect was the best part of the day for me.and my betterhalf by the way.well done Dave the voteing for best car was another interesting part of the day.

Jules
11th March 2015, 17:56
Mine & Mrs Jules cars were a disgrace but we never seem to get chance to clean them ( mechanically good though ) :o
but as said before it's the social that counts.

I love the concept of Concours shows but think it's for the retired or folk who have a hell of a lot of spare time on their hands..........oh we'll maybe one day :roll eyes:

Is there a prize for the biggest scuff on our copperleaf bumper ?
(No marks caused by us and never a note left is there) :shrug:

johnnyb44
11th March 2015, 18:20
We were all one big happy family on Sunday were we got to know each other properly instead of just associating each other with a club user name. Proper friendship's were made amongst each other which I personally think is well needed here at the moment after the last few weeks just gone.
Johnny

dmt68
11th March 2015, 19:20
We were all one big happy family on Sunday were we got to know each other properly instead of just associating each other with a club user name. Proper friendship's were made amongst each other which I personally think is well needed here at the moment after the last few weeks just gone.
Johnny

couldnt of put that better myself ;)

Scaramanga
12th March 2015, 19:08
I have enjoyed reading this post and would have loved to have been there.

Will you be making this an annual event?? :bowdown:

dmt68
12th March 2015, 23:17
I have enjoyed reading this post and would have loved to have been there.

Will you be making this an annual event?? :bowdown:

THANKS,,,, not sure about making it an annual event,,, but will certainly be doing another run/meet over the horse shoe pass when the weather picks up a bit...;)

FLYING BANANA
13th March 2015, 05:44
THANKS,,,, not sure about making it an annual event,,, but will certainly be doing another run/meet over the horse shoe pass when the weather picks up a bit...;)

I'll bring Banana for that meet.

Scaramanga
13th March 2015, 12:56

Great i shall keep my eyes open ;)

woolleysox
17th March 2015, 08:47
And me sounds too good to miss :eek:

Rob