PDA

View Full Version : Wot Cleans Plastic

ZZR400
16th May 2008, 17:29
HI
this is not raley a rover question but could be.
i have just recieved my ney company car ( £170,000 dennis bin waggon)
and as you can imagine its built to be hardwearing , keeping the outside clean is not a problem but the door cards and dash are made from a light coloured hard plastic simlar to the sort around the rear hatch opening on my zt-t but what gets the muck of it as i have tryed hot water and soap ,dashboard cleaner , ferniture polish but it still looks mucky when you have finished and i cant stand been sat in a mucky cab allday .
any ideas.

cheers
stephen.

baxlin
16th May 2008, 19:26
Flash cleaning blocks. Look like white nougat, I bought a pack of two from Poundland. Guess how much...............

Tatts
16th May 2008, 19:31
Guess how much...............

Ooooh, lemme think............ 75p ?? :D

windrush
16th May 2008, 19:42
Hi STEVEN nice to see that you run around in A DENNIS I used to work at their Guildford factory to which we only built the buses and fire engine's would also say try flash

ZZR400
17th May 2008, 14:26
cheers guys i will try flash . ill let you know if it works.
i bet the council wont pay for it though.

many thanks .

stephen

empsburna
19th May 2008, 07:34
yep, any all purpose cleaner, flash being a good one. scrub it off with a big yard brush - good as new!

PYTHON2674
19th May 2008, 20:58
What about Cillit Bang?

"Bang & the dirt is gone!!"

Used on my cards etc and not a problem...

Can't take credit for this as someone else told me to use it a while ago.

HTH

Carl

ZZR400
24th May 2008, 07:38
hi
couldnt get the flash blocks so i got some flash spray , when i sprayed it on the muck just run off and all i had to do was wipe it with a damp cloth (no big yard brush).
it went in for a six week service this week and the garage was highly delighted that they had finaly got a clean waggon to work on.

binemn can have standards too.

many thanks .

stephen.

GERFIX
24th May 2008, 08:07
hi
couldnt get the flash blocks so i got some flash spray , when i sprayed it on the muck just run off and all i had to do was wipe it with a damp cloth (no big yard brush).
it went in for a six week service this week and the garage was highly delighted that they had finaly got a clean waggon to work on.

binemn can have standards too.

many thanks .

stephen.
Well done Stephen. It's good to hear of someone keeping a Company motor clean and tidy. Even if it is a bin lorry!! My dad always had Company cars and kept them spotless, despite everyone giving him the "but it's only a Company car" twaddle.

Keep up the good work.