PDA

View Full Version : Drivers window switches dead

ihatedeskjets
27th February 2015, 11:56
Hi All,
I fitted a new Radio the other day and now my drivers window switch panel is non op apart from the passenger mirror.

The rear windows work with their own buttons as does the passenger.
I checked all the fuses by pulling them out and having a look, after pulling the last one (20A) and replacing it the panel lit up and all was good for about 5 minutes until I started the car now it's dead again.

Does this sound like a bad connection around the passenger fuse board or is there something behind the heater / radio bay that I might of upset?

Your thoughts please Gents.

Ken

klarzy
27th February 2015, 12:01
Hi All,
I fitted a new Radio the other day and now my drivers window switch panel is non op apart from the passenger mirror.

The rear windows work with their own buttons as does the passenger.
I checked all the fuses by pulling them out and having a look, after pulling the last one (20A) and replacing it the panel lit up and all was good for about 5 minutes until I started the car now it's dead again.

Does this sound like a bad connection around the passenger fuse board or is there something behind the heater / radio bay that I might of upset?

Your thoughts please Gents.

Ken

does it start working again if you unplug the radio?
try a full battery reset before and after doing so...

suzublu
27th February 2015, 12:05
Sounds like the switched live & permanent live are the wrong way round:shrug::}

ihatedeskjets
27th February 2015, 12:13
I've unplugged the radio and it does not come back to life, will try the main battery disconnected for 5 mins ( if thats all I need do for a reset)

switched live & permanent live are the wrong way round

Not sure what this means, If it's the radio wiring it should be ok as the car already had a bmw > Iso loom and it plugged straight in, but I'll double check

Thanks

klarzy
27th February 2015, 12:23
30 mins minimum...

if it works then swap the permenent ans switched live as SUZUBLU suggests...

suzublu
27th February 2015, 13:02
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/suzublu/Stereo-Live-Setup_zpse2be82dc.jpg (http://s1007.photobucket.com/user/suzublu/media/Stereo-Live-Setup_zpse2be82dc.jpg.html)
This happened to me when I fitted an Xtrons radio, the plug from the radio had the wires switched so they didn't match the car plug, simply swapped them over:}

ihatedeskjets
27th February 2015, 13:18
30 minutes without power and the switches are working again Thnx Klarzy :)
However if the engine is running they only move in small steps, stop the engine and they all work as they should. Is this a 'Feature' ?

ihatedeskjets
27th February 2015, 13:46
Just checked the wiring and they all match up and now the windows run as they should even if the engine is running.

Thanks Both

Case Closed