PDA

View Full Version : Otley Vintage Transport Extravaganza

rosswalki
4th March 2015, 19:39
Hi all, back on the forums now after a busy winter. Just bought myself a 190 SE which is nice although has a few issues which will be sorted in due course. Anyway, The Otley Vintage Transport Extravaganza. This is a medium sized car and transportation show in Otley, West Yorkshire. It is held in September, usually the first Sunday. I will confirm the dates with the organiser. If anyone is interested then I will enquire about a club stand or a few of use to go and display our cars. There are other owners clubs there including the Rover P6 owners club. There is a mixture of cars and vehicles and not all vintage. So if anyone would be interested in this then put your name down below and I'll contact Nigel Francis, a local councillor and organiser. It's all for a charity, jsually a childrens cancer charity such as "candlelighters." If anyone is coming from far then there is camping available and also if you don't want to pay for camping I live in a pub with a large car park which you are free to use! The pub in question is The Sun Inn at Norwood, near Harrogate. Around 5 miles from the show site. The site is also around 20 minutes from the A1 exit for Otley and Collingham. It's also around 30 minutes from the M62 via the M606 through Bradford or the M1 at Leeds. Anyway, if anyone wants any more info then get in touch. You can reply to this thread or PM/e-mail me. Thanks folks!

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

visfix
4th March 2015, 19:52
As it's for kiddies cancer charity I could be interested. :}

rosswalki
4th March 2015, 21:33
Ahh excellent! I will get in touch with Mr Francis to enquire about a club stand. Even if there's only the two of us haha.

peteroveros
6th March 2015, 05:54
A very worthy cause indeed, count me in please.

rosswalki
6th March 2015, 06:44
Brilliant, just waiting to hear back from Nigel about the club stand. If not then we will just have to fill in seperate entry forms but i'm sure it won't be a problem! And my apologies but the charity is "hang on to a dream" not "candlelighters" ss previously stated. Similar charities though!

RobSun
6th March 2015, 09:45
I would be interested in attending this show as it is just over the hill from my home however it looks to clash with the Triumph Dolomite International Rally and I want to take my Dolly to that.

Can you confirm the date and please don't be to harsh with me for having split allegiances.

rosswalki
6th March 2015, 11:56
Hi all, just to confirm the event it held on Sunday 13th September 2015 10am until 4pm.

andy willi
8th March 2015, 06:48
put me down will call in just remind me as very busy

andy

stocktake
8th March 2015, 07:08
I would be up for this :)

rosswalki
8th March 2015, 17:04
Brilliant! Now, I have received the entry form for the club sand and will fill it in as and when members say they're coming. I will need your name and vehicle details (model with year and engine should be sufficient). I have to submit the form at the latest on 30th of July to secure our place in the field. Brass plaques are available with a 'minimum donation' of £3.50. Cheques for the brass plaques are to be made out to "O.V.T.E." and please include your name and the car club on the back. Entry is free and vehicles must be on the field by 10AM on the day of the rally to avoid accidents with pedestrians. Please PM me your details and I will send you my address if you require a brass plaque so I can include the cheques for them with the entry form on the 30th of July. Look forward to seeing you all down there and having a brilliant day! If you have any questions please ask, PM me or contact me by my mobile in the first post. More information can be found at www.ovte.co.uk. The address for the event is

Knotford Nook, Pool Road (A659), Otley, West Yorkshire.

We can also look at the possibility of a convoy to the event from somewhere near if anyone is interested? Thanks folks!

David Lawrence
8th March 2015, 17:57
Brilliant! Now, I have received the entry form for the club sand and will fill it in as and when members say they're coming. I will need your name and vehicle details (model with year and engine should be sufficient). I have to submit the form at the latest on 30th of July to secure our place in the field. Brass plaques are available with a 'minimum donation' of £3.50. Cheques for the brass plaques are to be made out to "O.V.T.E." and please include your name and the car club on the back. Entry is free and vehicles must be on the field by 10AM on the day of the rally to avoid accidents with pedestrians. Please PM me your details and I will send you my address if you require a brass plaque so I can include the cheques for them with the entry form on the 30th of July. Look forward to seeing you all down there and having a brilliant day! If you have any questions please ask, PM me or contact me by my mobile in the first post. More information can be found at www.ovte.co.uk. The address for the event is

Knotford Nook, Pool Road (A659), Otley, West Yorkshire.

We can also look at the possibility of a convoy to the event from somewhere near if anyone is interested? Thanks folks!

Interesting website. Wonder if this was anyone here

GJ53 DGO
12th March 2015, 09:31
count me in as a probable please, work allowing

RobSun
12th March 2015, 11:43
Now I have areal problem, this is on the week after the Triumph Dolomite International Rally but the Triumph Dolomite Club is looking into a club stand at this event too.

rosswalki
12th March 2015, 21:32
Yeah no problem GJ53 DGO. And RobSun that is a difficult decision, bring both?

ricardo65
14th March 2015, 15:08
count me in as a probable please, work allowing

I cant have you sneaking off to a meet with out me so I better tag along :D

Happy Wanderer
22nd March 2015, 19:39
Please put me down for this one. As for the convoy idea you could probably do it from Wetherby services like we did for the Harewood show it's only about another 5miles or so :}

rosswalki
31st March 2015, 12:01
Yeah will do! Brilliant idea! I shall organise that!

robbrooks
4th April 2015, 08:08
Yes - I'm up for that one- 30 minutes away!:smilie_re:

visfix
4th April 2015, 09:00
put me down will call in just remind me as very busy

andy

Ooooo, a bit of on-site fettling??? ;):bowdown:

:getmecoat:

robbrooks
4th April 2015, 09:48
YES -I'm up for that one: Only 30 minutes away - :smilie_re:sounds a good day!
Just bought her some nice new glasses (projector headlamps): she is getting older now and eyesight was failing!
Having trouble convincing my wife of the spend though, but yesterday she said our 75 looks better from the rear.
Not having that so decided to improve the front look too! Think I will change the picture on here once the job is done!

RobSun
17th June 2015, 15:03
I will be coming in the triumph, sent off my application and money for a brass plaque.

I will make myself known to you and may even upset you all and park next to you.

marshap123
26th July 2015, 10:36
Please put me down for this (sorry for last minute request). I have sent the details on a p/m. Cheers.

rosswalki
27th July 2015, 11:49
Hello all, details updated and will finalise a list this evening. I will be delivering the form on Wednesday evening. Will also include details of a convoy for everyone. Regards, Ross

rosswalki
29th July 2015, 20:11
Hi everyone. Finalised the list today as per this thread. The list of attendees is as follows:

rosswalki (me)
Peteroveros
Andy Willi
Stocktake
GJ53 DGO
ricardo65
Happy Wanderer
robbrooks
Visfix
marshap123

I am taking the form round this evening. If anyone wants to add their name please get in touch on 07787525269 and probably best to text me your real name, forum name and car details. I can add for free until the end of the month but after that there is a £5 fee. There is also no entry allowed on the day of the show. Thanks for your support guys! Hopefully will help make the day a success and raise a bit of money for charity whilst having a good chat!

robbrooks
7th August 2015, 22:41
Please put my name down +1:}

Happy Wanderer
14th August 2015, 18:47
Is it me or are some of these names also on Trikey's Barton show list ??

marshap123
26th August 2015, 17:59
Hi everyone. Finalised the list today as per this thread. The list of attendees is as follows:

rosswalki (me)
Peteroveros
Andy Willi
Stocktake
GJ53 DGO
ricardo65
Happy Wanderer
robbrooks
Visfix
marshap123

I am taking the form round this evening. If anyone wants to add their name please get in touch on 07787525269 and probably best to text me your real name, forum name and car details. I can add for free until the end of the month but after that there is a £5 fee. There is also no entry allowed on the day of the show. Thanks for your support guys! Hopefully will help make the day a success and raise a bit of money for charity whilst having a good chat!

Can you e-mail the entry details to me when you have a minute please. Tried to pm you but your inbox is full.

Ta

David Lawrence
26th August 2015, 19:11
Hello all, details updated and will finalise a list this evening. I will be delivering the form on Wednesday evening. Will also include details of a convoy for everyone. Regards, Ross

If i just want to come along and see the show i dont need to be on this list do I ? I assumed i would just pay to go in as normal ?

visfix
5th September 2015, 07:09
Unfortunately I will now be unable to attend this show, as I will be away with work again next week, and it is highly unlikely I will back in time to attend.

Apologies to all, but please let me know if there are any fees or expenses involved and I will cover them, plus my agreed donation to the charity.

Craig.

ricardo65
5th September 2015, 12:23
sorry I seem to have double booked this meet with the Barton meet :duh: Please accept my apologies as I don't like letting people down if any fees have to be paid let me know hope you all have a great day

Happy Wanderer
6th September 2015, 21:19
So who's still going to this one ?

ssizefive
7th September 2015, 12:05
So who's still going to this one ?

My brother ( Marshap123 ) is going & so am I now :}
I was in touch with Ross last night who is forwarding me a spare entry.
It will be good to see you again.

Steve.

rosswalki
7th September 2015, 12:13
Hi all, for those that can't attend, that's not a problem, no fees required. For those that are still coming, if you PM or text me your address then I will send the doccumentation out to you. For those who can get to Otley a bit earlier on the day, around 9am, I will meet you in Stephen H Smiths Garden Centre car park at 9, then I will dish out the documents there. Then we can have a mini convoy down the road to the field at around 9:30 to get parked up and sorted out, cars cleaned etc.

For those that have already sent me thier addresses I will be sending their documents out today.

The address for the garden centre is: Stephen H Smiths, Pool Road, Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 1DY.

Coming from Pool way it's last the field on the left and those coming from Otley end it's before the field on the right!

Ian K
7th September 2015, 12:28
Hi

Might well be in the area .... will drop into the show and say hello to you all if I get the chance

Cheers
Ian

Happy Wanderer
7th September 2015, 17:10
My brother ( Marshap123 ) is going & so am I now :}
I was in touch with Ross last night who is forwarding me a spare entry.
It will be good to see you again.

Steve.

Hey that's great look forward to seeing ya there then mate :-)

David Lawrence
7th September 2015, 21:15
Planning to visit the show but not till the last few hours in the afternoon.

robbrooks
11th September 2015, 08:38
Will have to meet you at Stephen H Smith Garden Centre. A bit late getting my address to you. Will be good to drive in the convoy, so I will be there for 9am. My mobile is 079486 21192.

ssizefive
11th September 2015, 18:47
My brother & i will be at Stephen Smiths around 9 - 9.15.

Steve.

Happy Wanderer
12th September 2015, 21:31
I'll be there about 9 :-)

David Lawrence
13th September 2015, 16:06
It was a much bigger show than i expected, but thoroughly good range of vehicles. The 4 club cars that i saw looked great, with the T reg moa looking in great shape next to the newer models.

Thanks for bringing this show to our attention.

There is one coming up in widnes around 27th september. Anyone planning to go?

ssizefive
13th September 2015, 21:23
Had a brilliant day today, we need to try do this again next year and get some more members there. Plenty going on to entertain the whole family.

Steve.

robbrooks
14th September 2015, 06:49
Yes - I can second that - A very good day and even managed to identify that my Solenoid valve was the mysterious part that has been dislodged. Broken bracket! Thanks everyone
Rob:}

willshot
14th September 2015, 09:05
Had a brilliant day today, we need to try do this again next year and get some more members there. Plenty going on to entertain the whole family.

Steve.

I'll look out for this next year, sounds like a good event. That's if I still have the ZT.:D:D:D

marshap123
14th September 2015, 20:05
The show was excellent. Plenty of cars to look at as well as various fire engines, army vehicles and more. Bouncy castles, slides and fairground rides for the kids. Car boot sale / autojumble and a show area with various entertainment on throughout the day.

We even booked some good weather :}

Very enjoyable and definitely interested in attending again next year.

rosswalki
14th October 2015, 14:14
Thanks all who attended! My organisation was a bit poor to say the least due to unforseen circumstances so my sincere apologies on that front... A good say had by all though. As above, plenty to do and this event seems to grow every year.

We did have a club stand but the marshalls lined us up alongside some other cars. Again, probably my fault for not turning up on time :duh:

Anyway, I promise next years event will go ahead and will post up a new thread when I know the date.

Thanks again folks!