PDA

View Full Version : I dont think my fan is working 2001 MG ZT 190

Dallas
9th March 2015, 20:55
Had car for 3 days and I've not heard the fan come on not once, not even on the 70 mile trip home.

Temp gauge sits at halfway, no higher.

Use demist and no fan.

Use aircon and still no fan.

I must have the old style 3 speed 4 wire fan with no resistor.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, how do I go about making sure my fan works, or how to fix it if it doesn't. :eek:

T-Cut
9th March 2015, 21:34
Assuming your assumption is correct.
The demist/aircon test is definitive. The slow/low speed - and probably medium speed as well - have failed through brush wear.
Usual suggestions are:
a. Try re-brushing the motor. Equivalent brushes are available. Easy for a DIYer, but check if brush holders and commutator are serviceable before buying.
b. Replace everything with a later 2-speed system, fit uprated resistor.
c. Replace everything with an after-market fan kit.

But you may find a 2-speed with a failed resistor. A 2001 fan is unlikely to have survived this far.

TC

Dallas
9th March 2015, 21:48
Hi T-Cut, thanks for the info.

I've had car stationary ticking over for 25mins, no fan operation, and temp gauge is sat at halfway (I suppose with gauge at halfway is a good sign).

I've just been out in the cold looking through the grill, it looks like there has been something done by previous owner at some point. The fan looks damaged around the center, its got a crack across it and what looks like a repair (seems someone has melted a join along the crack to repair it.

Either someone has tried to repair the fan before and damaged it, or has taken it apart and done a bad job which has failed. :eek:

I suppose this is a bumper off job and new fan and kit ? I certainly wouldn't want to attempt such a job... :getmecoat:

Can we assume the fan works on high speed, even though I have not been witness to this as yet. :eek:

What damaged will a none working 3 speed fan do ?

Is there a skilled member or mechanic near me in the Wimborne, Poole or Bournemouth area that would be willing to do the job at an affordable price ?

Doc Evil
9th March 2015, 22:40
You can check the third speed or high speed by disconnecting the temperature sender connection it should switch to failsafe and run the fan at full speed

Doc

SD1too
10th March 2015, 12:18
You can check the third speed ... by disconnecting the temperature sender connection it should ... run the fan at full speed
Not on a 3 speed system it won't Al. MG Rover says that it triggers the medium speed.
... and temp gauge is sat at halfway (I suppose with gauge at halfway is a good sign).
It's actually meaningless Westley. It will stay there at all temperatures between 75 and 115°C, which is far too hot for comfort.

I suppose this is a bumper off job and new fan and kit ? I certainly wouldn't want to attempt such a job...
It's not as bad as it seems. Basic tools (including a small Torx driver) are all that are required. Once the bumper is off and you've exposed the wiring, have a good look to see what is required. You may not need a complete replacement. Have a look at Arctic's threads where you'll find lots of photographs illustrating the workings of the fan systems.

Can we assume the fan works on high speed ...
No you can't. It cannot be tested without dismantling and even if it does trigger, with worn out low/medium speed brushes the motor won't be rotating at fast speed anyway; it will be slower.

What damaged will a none working 3 speed fan do ?
Firstly the engine will overheat and you'll break down. You should expect to put the cylinder head gaskets at risk if the overheating is serious and sustained.

Sorry to have bad news, but you must take this seriously and get it repaired quickly.

Simon

Dallas
10th March 2015, 13:44
Thanks for the info SD1too.

Where is the temperature sender on the V6 ?

I wont be attempting any dismantling, I haven't a clue how this fan system works. :eek:

Looks like I will be parking her up :cry: that was short lived. I've just taxed and insured her aswell.

:getmecoat:

SD1too
10th March 2015, 15:37
I wont be attempting any dismantling, I haven't a clue how this fan system works.
That doesn't matter because several of us here do know how it works! :}
In your circumstances, why don't you contact Arctic who may well have a 2 speed system which he can send to you. All you have to do is find someone who can remove the old and fit the new. Nothing will need altering. How does that sound?

Simon

Dallas
10th March 2015, 16:13
:bowdown:
That would be perfect Simon, you make it sound so easy. :}

I've read on here that you cant, or its difficult to change the 3 speed 4 wire fan to a 2 speed two wire fan... Would it be easier to just change the bushes, or can this be just as difficult ?

I've had another look at the fan and bumper removal, it does seem quite daunting, but I would give it a go. I just need a mentor to make sure I dont make things worst. :eek:

I've been searching the bay for a front bumper as the lacquer is pealing quite badly on mine, plus there is a crack on one corner. It would work out perfect if I could get another solar red bumper and fan unit and do the job in one go, I've posted two wanted adds, I certainly don't want to give up so soon if I can help it.

I would be glad to purchased front bumper and fan unit, plus anything else thats needed. Also pay someone to help me do the job, got to be cheaper than those garage prices I'm sure. :eek:

SD1too
10th March 2015, 18:34
I've read on here that you cant, or its difficult to change the 3 speed 4 wire fan to a 2 speed two wire fan...
Ah, I think maybe you've been reading about a rewiring job. A 3 speed (4 wire) system can be unplugged and a 2 speed (2 wire) connected in its place with no modifications necessary. That's what I'm suggesting you do.
Would it be easier to just change the bushes, or can this be just as difficult ?
Westley; if you're unsure about taking your bumper off there is no way you would be able to renew the motor brushes! :D

Simon

Dallas
10th March 2015, 18:49
So what fan unit do I need, does the newer two speed fan have same plug connector as the 3 speed, is it a case of plug and play ?

SD1too
10th March 2015, 19:06
So what fan unit do I need ..
A 2 speed (2 wire) unit with a gold resistor from Arctic.
does the newer two speed fan have same plug connector as the 3 speed
Yes.
is it a case of plug and play ?
I hate that phrase. I believe that it comes from the computer industry, who are trying to convince us that when we buy a new piece of hardware it will work straight away. Of course we all know that it won't. We will need a software upgrade, or a different connection lead or some kind of adaptor to make it work. :devil:

But yes, you can plug a 2 speed MGR unit into your car's loom and it will work (that's because no computers are involved!). It's a good old fashioned electrical circuit (in the petrol engined cars anyway). :D

Simon

Dallas
10th March 2015, 19:12
Thanks Simon, Is there anyone on here selling a 2 speed fan unit ?

SD1too
10th March 2015, 19:23
Is there anyone on here selling a 2 speed fan unit ?
Westley,

I've said it three times now! :rolleyes:

Contact Arctic

Simon :D

Dallas
10th March 2015, 19:28
:D

I have already message two members, but no reply from either. :shrug: Its a case of waiting I guest.

Is the radiator fan same on petrol engines as diesel, there seems to be radiator fans on ebay listed for diesels, but no petrols.

I suppose the fans for 1.8 and 2.0V6 are different than the 2.5V6 ?

SD1too
10th March 2015, 20:47
Is the radiator fan same on petrol engines as diesel ...
I suppose the fans for 1.8 and 2.0V6 are different than the 2.5V6 ?
I think that the fan blades are the same, but the shrouding is different, and the motor is different on the 1.8 engine. Control boxes differ across all engine types depending upon the number of speeds, and diesel boxes uniquely have a PCM control system. It's a minefield of complexity, but Arctic is very experienced in all the variations which is why you should talk to him and not deal with e-bay sellers.

Simon

ProfDave
10th March 2015, 21:13
I got a replacement fan kit from Jules for my V6. I have a spare gold resistor if you want to try that first; you should have a low speed fan when you use the demist function and if that is not working I thought that was an indication of resistor failure.

Dallas
10th March 2015, 21:18
Hi Dave, Whats in the kit from Jules ? its a blooming shame he's out of the country till end of March. :duh:

I cant see any resistor on my set up, its a 2001 model.

My fan is not working using demist or even with air-con :shrug: and I haven't herd the 3rd speed running either, hopefully its too cold at the moment being March.

Dallas
11th March 2015, 16:55
Update!

All 3 speeds do not operate, I have a non working fan. :shrug:

Why build a lovely looking car and stick a stupid poor designed fan in it, which could lead to the death of the vehicle ? :duh:

Mgt16
11th March 2015, 18:43
Probably no use to you whatsoever as the outcome is the same but I noticed my fan wasn't working and now I have it all apart and tested I've found that everything works it's just the fan blades are no longer attached to the motor. I've opted to retrofit an after market fan as it gets me a new fan for second hand money.
What I can say is it sounds daunting but taking the front end apart is dead easy the only issues I encountered were rusted screws at the bottom of the bumper which mole grips dealt with easily and the fact that to remove the fan cowling you need to disconnect the air con which I didn't what to do so I cut a bit of the cowling away so I could remove it without disturbing the air con.

SD1too
11th March 2015, 21:59
Update! All 3 speeds do not operate, I have a non working fan.
OK Westley, for someone who said this:

I wont be attempting any dismantling, I haven't a clue how this fan system works.
How have you found out that you have a 3 speed fan, and more to the point, how have you tested the 3rd speed? :confused:

Simon

Dallas
11th March 2015, 22:12
Fan does not operate when performing the Trinary switch test as per Jules post.

Fan does not operate when using demist option.

Fan does not work when using air-con.

I have swapped fan relay with same, the yellow relay located in engine bay fusebox, still no operation.

I have also bypassed the 80amp fuse, still no fan operation.

There is no silver or gold resistor located or fix to the fan that I can see via looking through the mesh grill or from under the car (skid-lid removed).

Is it not common knowledge the 2001 MG ZT or early 75's have the 3 speed 4 wire fan setup ?

The other option would be to see the 4 wires from behind the motor I suppose.

Is there a chance I may have a 2 speed fan then ?

Have I misunderstood something Simon ?

SD1too
11th March 2015, 22:31
Fan does not operate when performing the Trinary switch test as per Jules post.
That tests the medium speed on a 3 speed system. This usually fails when the slow speed fails due to a worn out motor brush.
You're right to think that you may have a 3 speed system, but since you've noticed a bodged repair to the fan blades I think it is possible that you may find some surprises when you take off the bumper. We cannot be 100% sure.

I have swapped fan relay with same, the yellow relay located in engine bay fusebox ...
That is not a radiator fan relay. It controls the heater blower.
There is no silver or gold resistor located or fix to the fan that I can see via looking through the mesh grill or from under the car (skid-lid removed).
Occasionally the resistor is found mounted behind the fan shrouding. I doubt that you will see that unless you remove the bumper and release the shrouding.

Is it not common knowledge the 2001 MG ZT or 75's have the 3 speed 4 wire fan setup ?
No, that is incorrect. Your car could have either a 2 or 4 wire circuit.

The other option would be to see the 4 wires from behind the motor I suppose.
Yes, but I doubt that you'll be able to do that unless you remove the bumper.

Westley, if you've jacked up the car, crawled underneath and removed the undertray, why on earth don't you take off the bumper to inspect and repair your fan? You're not making any progress with all this guessing.

Simon :}

Dallas
11th March 2015, 22:40
No jacking-up needed, skid-lid already removed.

The whole front area has been disturbed before, if previous owner has attempted to repair the fan, any successful job would have the fan now working.

Simon, what sort of repair do you think has been done, what are you thinking ?

As for all this guessing, I'm taking advice from members to confirm a non working fan by means of those tests before having to remove the whole front section.

SD1too
11th March 2015, 22:45
Simon, what sort of repair do you think has been done ...
Anything is possible; I wouldn't like to guess. In your shoes I'd be getting that bumper off to have a look. You're going to have to do it because you can't repair your fan any other way.

Simon

Dallas
11th March 2015, 22:48
You maybe correct, its a case of having the time and wanting warmer weather.

Stickman
12th March 2015, 03:37
Yr best and cheapest option m8 would be the aftermarket kit from jules
I think it's made by kenlowe but is plug and play so to speak :D
Regards
Chris

Dallas
12th March 2015, 07:00
Morning all,

Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the Bournemouth, Poole area, or someone who has done this before ?

Cheers Fellas.

stocktake
12th March 2015, 07:25
Question is, how far are you prepared to travel to have the car sorted?
Arctic will be at the midlands Nano. others there will help you change your fan for free, you just have to find a good one to but at a reasonable price ( Clue: Arctic will be there)
So, three hours drive for a day out each way? interested?

Midland Nano meets......... next one is very soon

Dallas
12th March 2015, 07:53
Hi Dave, thank you for the invite and the offer of having the job done free. :bowdown: I just wish the meet were closer, its way to far I'm afraid.

Steve has me a fan lined up, ready to post etc. I have also just bought a solar red bumper from the bay, just need to sort out the delivery.

There doesn't seem to be many members down this way, I cant remember any meets being held when I first joined, do they not happen due to less active members ?

Dallas
12th March 2015, 08:31
Here is a pic of what looks like the fan wiring loom, can anyone tell if its a 3 speed 4 wire unit or the 2 speed operation ?

Also two pics showing what looks like a repair to the center of the fan itself.

What do you reckon has been done, or may not have been done ?

stocktake
12th March 2015, 10:42
Believe it or not I can identify that is the wiring for a three speed fan ;) ( I need to get out more :D)

Dallas
12th March 2015, 13:11
Thank you stocktake for the confirmation.

Bit of an update, thought I may have been lucky, but I dont reckon as looks like I have the wrong fan unit.

Checked with my local breakers yard to see if they had a fan unit, same time and save Steve having to post one to me. They didn't have any on the shelf, but had a Tourer in the yard due to be tripped for parts, said I could strip it and its mine. :D

1 hour later and off it comes, problem is... its a Diesel (2 wire)... so will it fit my petrol is the question ?

Different frame work me thinks.

Cheers fellas.

SD1too
12th March 2015, 13:15
... problem is... its a Diesel (2 wire)... so will it fit my petrol is the question ?
Different frame work me thinks.
Also the control box is radically different and you cannot use it with your petrol engine. You would have to swap the control boxes and carry out some rewiring.

Simon

Dallas
12th March 2015, 13:28
Just typical. :duh:

So who needs a nice good condition working fan of a 04 plate Diesel with silver resistor ?

Thanks for confirming Simon.

Dallas
18th March 2015, 13:25
What a superb sunny day to strip the front of ones ZT to install a working fan. :eek:

With huge thanks to Steve (Artic) for suppling the refurbished fan unit, and for all his incredible knowledge giving me pointers on how to dismantle the bumper and slam panel etc, he has been very patient I would say regarding emails back and forth and also lengthy phone calls. :bowdown:

Oh! I better thank the wife for helping me this morning, she has been amazing with her car knowledge, she actually used to work for Rover many years ago.

Also thanks to Simon, Dave and the others for giving me the push to go ahead and do the job in the first place, thanks guys :duh: only only halfway at the moment.

So far, bumper and slam panel are off, all plugs disconnected etc, even the blooming light washer unit disconnected (not sure if this will be needed with new bumper hopefully arriving soon).

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/735955098de984109.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/735955098dea0ee1d.jpg

Problem the wife and I have now is...
We have discovered the radiator seems to be damaged (not leaking) just pushed in badly at the front, is this the air-con rad ?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/735955098dea7667b.jpg

We also found both headlight units have broken mount brackets, they look like they have had a very bad repair job done. Someone has defiantly had the front of the car off before regarding this fan not working (most probably previous owner).
My questions are... how much to buy new headlights, can I change the Xenons for normal lamp units, are the plugs the same (straight swap etc).

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/735955098e27b607d.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/735955098e5ac064f.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/735955098e281c881.jpg

Also another bracket found broken, the small flat bracket on N/S below the rad, the bracket holds two pipes what looks like something to do with the power-steering.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/735955098e5a5ad4f.jpg

Not sure what to do now, I reckon I should changed the whole rad, also fit better condition headlights before I reassemble everything back together.

It would seem the previous owner, or the previous previous owner has not taken care of the car, I cannot believe how many bits are broken and damaged. :sad:

Is there anyone member selling a whole rad for a petrol manual ZT, also headlights ?

Cheers fellas, the wife and I are so greatful for all the help and support.

SD1too
18th March 2015, 18:36
We have discovered the radiator seems to be damaged (not leaking) just pushed in badly at the front, is this the air-con rad ?
Yes it is. It's proper name is the condenser. It's good that it's not leaking, but if the fins are damaged and/or missing its efficiency will be low and you won't get icy cold air in the car this coming summer.

Simon

Dallas
18th March 2015, 18:48
Hi Simon, The main radiator is not leaking, but not so sure about the aircon condenser unit.

My aircon is not ice cold, plus the rad looks very poorly, damaged as you can see from the photo.

I reckon the car has had a slight shunt to the front, thats why the fan was damaged/cracked, also not working. It looks as though the fan has been pushed against both radiators, pushing both rads inwards.

That may explain 3 of the headlight brackets are cracked.

SD1too
18th March 2015, 21:17
I reckon the car has had a slight shunt to the front ...
So do I. Anyway, you might like to give some thought to taking this opportunity, whilst the front is dismantled, to renew the air con. condenser.

Simon

Arctic
18th March 2015, 23:28
Hi Wes.
As per email remember to buy some Shannon tube, also buy some of the protector below and add it to the arm of the chassis so the head light wires do not rub through later, the main loom in the wheel arch would also benefit from being taped up, I had a feeling from talking to you on the phone this was not going to be a straight forward job Arctic :}

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151206411031?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Dallas
19th March 2015, 12:37
Thanks Simon, thanks Steve,

Steve you got that correct, its certainly not straight forward. Who ever let this car get like this needs shooting, why are there so many bodgers around these days ?

I am so glad I can put right was is wrong, with help from you guys and the club. Where would I be without all the help and support, this ZT is sending its luv to you all, I reckon I saw it smile yesterday. :getmecoat: call me mad...

I have the fan from Steve, I have a radiator and condenser radiator along with a standard washer bottle arriving soon, so she will soon have all thats broken fixed. I will swap the two pump headlight washer bottle for the standard bottle, I will dismantle the hose's etc, not going to cut into the new bumper :eek: (thats if it ever arrives)...

I could just reassemble everything back together today, the fan was the only thing that urgently needed replacing. The main rad is not leaking, obviously the aircon condenser rad is. I had a mobile guy out today, I have no gas in the system, that would explain why the aircon is not cold. It would seem a negative approach to not replace the radiators etc, would be easier to do the job now while the front is dismantled and not having to take apart everything again at a later date.

I will keep you posted, I may need help on how to put back the two rubber mounts that sit on top of the large radiator, I have forgotten already how they fit back together. :duh:

SD1too
19th March 2015, 14:08
Excellent work Wes. Your enthusiasm and dedication are a tonic, with a large slug of gin in it.

Simon

Arctic
19th March 2015, 21:57
Hi Wes.
The condenser change is a must I am afraid, the rubber mount are already on the fan they just fit over the two lugs on the rad make sure you have the plastic connectors on the rubbers also they fit to the slam panel on re-fitting. ;)

Dallas
22nd March 2015, 11:12
Thanks fellas. :}

Well, it has been days doing nothing I'm afraid, I'm still waiting for the two radiators to arrive along with the standard washer bottle. I'm going to dismantle the headlight washer kit and use a standard washer bottle.

I've also ordered two solar red front bumpers, the first one the ebay seller is still ill, so I'm waiting on the dispatch confirmation. I've now ordered another front bumper from another seller, so I should end up with two. :duh:

I could just put the original bumper back on, but the paint is pealing and also has a large crack on one corner. I could get it repaired and sprayed, but it would be much cheaper to buy another bumper same colour etc. You wouldn't think the bumper was that bad from any of the photos, but its enough to annoy the hell out of me. :getmecoat:

Dallas
23rd March 2015, 13:31
Just had a van pull-up, great I thought.:D

That was until I saw the condition of the radiators, they have arrived damaged, beyond usable condition. Nearly all the fins have fallen out the condenser rad. :eek:

The courier was My Hermes :duh:

Back to square one it is then... :mad:

Arctic
23rd March 2015, 15:36
Just had a van pull-up, great I thought.:D

That was until I saw the condition of the radiators, they have arrived damaged, beyond usable condition. Nearly all the fins have fallen out the condenser rad. :eek:

The courier was My Hermes :duh:

Back to square one it is then... :mad:

Hi Wes.
Are you buying new or a used condenser ? hopefully new as any used one will most certainly be of no use to you Arctic

Drop Jules a PM for the condenser that is where I got/get mine from

Dallas
23rd March 2015, 20:33
Hi Steve, Yes it was used, both rads still bolted together.

I think you are correct regarding a used condenser, its actually falling to bits in my hands.

I don't think the journey done it any good, or it being thrown/kick around in a Hermes van. :eek:

I will send Jules a message.

Does Jules use OEM ?

SD1too
24th March 2015, 16:28
... being thrown/kick around in a Hermes van.
Wes; all couriers are careless. It's really the sender's responsibility to ensure that plenty of padding is used. Years ago Rimmer Bros. sent me an air con. condenser which arrived damaged because their packing was completely inadequate, so don't be too harsh on Hermes. I used them recently and noticed that their terms and conditions say that they don't carry automotive parts.

Simon

Dallas
24th March 2015, 17:02
Hi Simon,
I think you maybe correct in what you say, it was wrapped poorly in a bit of cardboard and some bubble wrap, I don't think it was enough .

To be honest I don't think the condenser radiator was any good from the start, don't understand why anyone would send one out when its clearly knackered.

This morning I ordered a brand new radiator and a brand new genuine Rover condenser radiator which originally came from Longbridge, both should arrive tomorrow. :D Large rad cost £43.00 & Condenser only cost £47.00, both with free next day delivery. :bowdown:

My standard washer bottle arrived today, so dismantled the headlight washer unit/bottle, cleaned everything and now fitted. Its now ready for the replacement bumper with no washer jets when it arrives.

Good news on bumpers, one was dispatched yesterday, the other should be dispatched tomorrow as the seller is still ill. So hopefully the ZT will be 100% with no worries for the weekend, its been way too long already. :getmecoat:

Dallas
25th March 2015, 19:04
This is going from bad to worst, I am slowing giving up. :shrug:

The day started of real good, both brand new radiators arrived lunchtime and both were well packed. After opening the boxes I saw the large rad had a couple of bent fins, but I thought I can live with that.

The sun was shinning, so lets get all the tools out and begin fitting them both, all went very well and it wasn't to long until I am filling the main rad with water and antifreeze.

THEN! :eek: I could hear water hitting the driveway, so I looked down and saw water coming out the bottom corner of the rad, just were the black plastic side molding meets the metal radiator frame. :mad:

I put cap on, started the car, checked all pipes, but still the water is coming out from the corner seem.

I had to dismantle everything again, now I need to wait for the ****** ebay seller to contact me to arrange a collection and refund, I certainly do not want another one of their crappy radiators.

What is wrong with people today, the quality of things, the workmanship, everything is made faulty. Where have the days gone that allowed you to just buy once and it worked right out of the box ?

SD1too
27th March 2015, 08:00
Wes,

I think the answer is obvious isn't it? Stop messing about with e-bay and risking damage in transit. Buy your parts from a local motor factor so that you can take them back if they're faulty.

Simon

Dallas
1st April 2015, 18:25
Brilliant news, both my bumpers arrived today :party: with great thanks to Tom (Organiser), we are not worthy. :bowdown:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c36762f156.jpg

The sun was shining so it looked a nice day to reassemble everything back together at last. In goes the radiator, the new genuine Rover condenser radiator, and the refurbished fan from Steve (Artic) thank you so much buddy, we are not worthy. :bowdown:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c3676dbd6a.jpg

By this time I have a huge smile on my face, it seems to be coming together quite nicely with no more surprises. :}

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c36768db20.jpg

Dallas
1st April 2015, 18:35
I repaired the broken headlight plastic brackets using a metal angled plate.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c39242f63a.jpg

I also bought the Neoprene Flexible Air Ducting tube, the Halfords aluminum one was ****.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c392473c12.jpg

Everything is now fitted back together. :party:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c3924bc062.jpg

Organiser
1st April 2015, 18:37
Wes,

Good to see that the bumpers have arrived, great to see one attached to the car now! :D :cool:

Tom.

Dallas
1st April 2015, 18:51
Even new bolts. :D Thanks Steve.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c39edea41a.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c39ed74155.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c39ee40563.jpg

Dallas
1st April 2015, 19:57
I've notice some fans have a yellow sticker on centre of fan covering the bolt and the three small metal plates. I made up same size centre sticker to cover the 3 plates, as it looks like water could penetrate into the motor.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c3e938a6c1.jpg

Before I finished for the day, I thought I better do the bonnet cable mod.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/7359551c3e93318ca.jpg

She is now all up and running and looking very happy with herself, I couldn't of done it without the help and support from this club and its dedicated members. :bowdown:

Thanks so much fellas. :}

Arctic
1st April 2015, 23:24
Hi Wes.
Well done you stuck to a plan and it came together, so pleased you got there in the end, what is your next modification now :} Ho and do not forget to r-gas the A/C system asap cheers Arctic

Dallas
2nd April 2015, 10:56
Thanks Steve, its been great with the support from the true gents who make up this superb club, certainly has made it alot easier sticking to the plan. :bowdown:

Next mod was going to be a new double din head unit, also the parking aid (sensors), but still not sure if I want to be drilling holes into the bumper again.

OMG, I forgot about the re-gas, good job you said :getmecoat: what happens if re-gas is not done immediately ?

SD1too
2nd April 2015, 11:17
... what happens if re-gas is not done immediately ?
Technically speaking, once the circuit is opened to replace a component all pipes should be capped to prevent the ingress of moisture which is the enemy of air conditioning systems. To be on the safe side, call back whoever discharged it for you so that the air can be evacuated and it can be recharged with refrigerant. You should have already paid for this 'part two' of the process.

Practically speaking, what's the point of renewing your condenser if you won't be able to enjoy it on a sticky summer's day? I know what you're thinking: "I'll do it later". No you won't! :D ;)

Simon