PDA

View Full Version : Screen washer.

lathbury
9th March 2015, 22:03
I have an 02 cdt and am having a problem with one of my screen washer jets, the offside one doesn't work, I tried a pin to clear it but it was too big. Any tips please?. Thanks, John.

Doc Evil
9th March 2015, 22:33
Hi
I use 0.3mm kanthal wire two lengths twisted together with a battery drill perfect for probing and cleaning washer jets
Doc

lathbury
10th March 2015, 11:38
Hi, Thanks for the tip, I don't know what that wire is, will fuse wire do?.

HarryM1BYT
10th March 2015, 12:01
Hi, Thanks for the tip, I don't know what that wire is, will fuse wire do?.

Its resistance wire I think...

Yes, fuse wire is fine, or a fine needle rather than a pin.

If that doesn't help, remove the pipe under the jet and see if that is clear.

You can get a jelly like substance growing in the tank an pipes - time to give the system a good flush out.

suzublu
10th March 2015, 12:07
Fit Ford Focus jets John, much better ;) http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=1354739&postcount=200

lathbury
11th March 2015, 19:58
Hi Ron, I had heated washer jets fitted but there is no connector block behind the o/s inner wheel lining so they are just ordinary jets for now. I would like to get them connected some time so I would like to keep them. Thanks, John.

Dragrad
11th March 2015, 22:23
Hi Ron, I had heated washer jets fitted but there is no connector block behind the o/s inner wheel lining so they are just ordinary jets for now. I would like to get them connected some time so I would like to keep them. Thanks, John.
Have a look here..... (with link)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=210727

Doc Evil
11th March 2015, 22:27
Yes kanthal is a pure resistance wire with good memory or shape retaining properties fuse wire might be a bit thin at 5 amp and a bit too thick at 15 amp try a triple 5 amp twisted together then cut the end to make it square. You need the twists to act as a scrubber on the sides of the jet orifice

The jelly stuff in the wash bottle is usually caused by swapping different screen wash it helps to stick to one brand/type

Doc