PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to.......

iandux
10th March 2015, 17:53
change the wear indicator when I change the front pads?

Falcon Flyer
10th March 2015, 18:00
Generally yes, as its difficult to get the old wear indicators out without them breaking......I suppose they must get pretty hot and the plastic goes brittle.......pretty cheap items though, so I'd have a couple of spares on hand just in case.

SD1too
10th March 2015, 18:41
change the wear indicator when I change the front pads?
If the wear indicator has triggered the warning in the instrument pack: yes.
If it hasn't: no.

Simon :}

iandux
10th March 2015, 21:50
Just curious, as the how to doesn't mention its replacement......

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=149

Update: I've now ordered a new sender lead, but am curious as to how it fits,not having done the job before - does it clip onto the pad is some way?

SD1too
11th March 2015, 06:46
Yes, exactly that Ian. As with all car maintenance jobs, dismantle slowly with a keen observational eye and you'll see how things go together. For a new task, it's a good idea to make notes or take photographs as you go, to avoid those "now where did this go" moments. ;)

Simon

iandux
14th March 2015, 17:29
Having carried out the pad change this morning, I'm curious as to how the wear sensor operates.

As it simply clips onto the pad backing, I'm interested to know why I can't simply clip the old lead onto a new pad (of course, providing you remove it successfully from the old pad).

Or is it a 'locking' sensor, that is, once it's activated, it stays that way?

Doc Evil
14th March 2015, 17:41
Hi it's a little wire which wears through breaking the circuit and activating the warning light once activated as Simon says you need to replace
you can do the old trick of shorting out the conector but to my mind why surely you want to know when the pads are low
For their cost I would replace
Doc