PDA

View Full Version : UBP Question.

Heddy
11th March 2015, 12:20
My UBP let me down twice in 12mths, each time 'cured' with a rap from the wheel brace. I've just changed it and car feels so much more responsive. Do they fade or work intermittently to cause a loss of performance? Maybe I'm imagining it, a placebo or something:shrug:
Cheers.
Heddy.

maxxpump
11th March 2015, 13:05
My UBP let me down twice in 12mths, each time 'cured' with a rap from the wheel brace. I've just changed it and car feels so much more responsive. Do they fade or work intermittently to cause a loss of performance? Maybe I'm imagining it, a placebo or something:shrug:
Cheers.
Heddy.

My car was like that until I had the UBP replaced and I now find the car is definitely more responsive and the engine feels smoother! I imagine our one must have been duff as soon as we got it as after we replaced it (with a spare I might add), the difference was very much noticeable and not placebo! We can use sports mode now with out the car stalling or refusing to start afterwards!

I think every time I "tapped" it, it slowly got replugged again and became more and more slower (the pump motor under strain), so I believe that there is fade slowly after every "tap". Mine before was making skipping spurting sounds, this new one is now constant!