PDA

View Full Version : Retro fitting heated washer jets

rimpak
11th March 2015, 14:43
Hello, sorry if this has already been discussed.

Bought heated washer jets to my early 75 diesel. I've read that the early models will have the wiring. But where should I find the connector?

Also, how do they work? Will they be heated on particular temperature?

Thanks.

oldcarguy
11th March 2015, 14:47
Washer jets are on the same circuit as the heated mirrors I believe, wiring will be up between the o/s wing and the bulkhead. You need to get the arch liner out of the way and feel for the side indicator wiring and follow it back to the loom and hopefully the w/w connector will be in a little bag by the loom.

trimani
11th March 2015, 18:08
Washer jets are on the same circuit as the heated mirrors I believe, wiring will be up between the o/s wing and the bulkhead. You need to get the arch liner out of the way and feel for the side indicator wiring and follow it back to the loom and hopefully the w/w connector will be in a little bag by the loom.

Hi

Would this apply to my 2001 V6 Connie.

Thanks

trimani (AlF)

oldcarguy
11th March 2015, 19:20
I would have thought so Alf, I'm sure the plug will be up there somewhere.

Billy1mate
11th March 2015, 19:42
Do they work, if the pipes to the washers are frozen how are the jets being heated going to defrost the pipes? I've been using a 50/50 mix without any frozen washer jets, I have just replaced them with a pair of Ford Focus spray jets so see what happens if they freeze.

oldcarguy
11th March 2015, 20:18
Do they work, if the pipes to the washers are frozen how are the jets being heated going to defrost the pipes? I've been using a 50/50 mix without any frozen washer jets, I have just replaced them with a pair of Ford Focus spray jets so see what happens if they freeze.

If the pipes to the jets are frozen then you haven't got a strong enough mix of antifreeze in the washer bottle.

Dragrad
11th March 2015, 22:16
There is this thread in the How To's

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1872

Unforunately the OP has lost the pics:o

raykay
11th March 2015, 22:44
Do they work, if the pipes to the washers are frozen how are the jets being heated going to defrost the pipes? I've been using a 50/50 mix without any frozen washer jets,

The fluid in the pipes may not freeze, but what may happen is that the washer fluid evaporates from the open end of the jet, leaving plain water which can freeze, blocking jet. Which is what the heated jets are designed to prevent.

maxi_crawf
12th March 2015, 06:19
Does anyone know where you can get the leads from the jets to the cable hidden in the wheel arch, when I got my heated jets that's literally all I got, the two jets with the electrical connectors on the back of them but no wiring:shrug: