PDA

View Full Version : Small animal trapped in driver's door?

Johnny2R
12th March 2015, 12:53
Undoubtedly not, but...From time to time of late, particularly when the weather has been cold, I've been getting a rather irritating chirruping, squeaking noise which seems to be coming from within the driver's door. It's obviously very hard to localise while driving along, and I have no idea what it might be. I'm wondering whether anybody else here has experienced a similar phenomenon and managed to track it down?

Doc Evil
12th March 2015, 18:10
It's the Rover mouse Latin name Squeakius Anoyingous

Try lowering the window the tiniest amount if it stops try some silicone polish on the glass where it fits into the seal
Doc

Johnny2R
12th March 2015, 18:17
It's the Rover mouse Latin name Squeakius Anoyingous

Try lowering the window the tiniest amount if it stops try some silicone polish on the glass where it fits into the seal
Doc

Thanks, I'll give that go. The noise does have that distinctive character of something rubbing on glass, when I think about it.

Billy1mate
12th March 2015, 18:58
My car has been 'lightened' under the bonnet, as a mouse has tried it's hardest to eat the soundproofing.:eek::getmecoat:

grivas
12th March 2015, 19:21
Try a small piece of cheese, if it disappears in the morning, then there you have it.

kevein57
12th March 2015, 20:27
I had a similar annoyance with my previous car Rover 620 sli and I sprayed the window runners with silicone Polish - problem solved ...

Doc Evil
12th March 2015, 21:54
Try a small piece of cheese, if it disappears in the morning, then there you have it.

:D............

Scaramanga
13th March 2015, 08:35
It's the mouse that turns its wheel that in turn winds your window down ;)

As Grivas suggested, pop some cheese down, cause it's probably hungry after 12 years service :D

Perhaps one of Billy1mates mice has escaped? Any windows failed Billy?

Johnny2R
18th March 2015, 16:49
I had a similar annoyance with my previous car Rover 620 sli and I sprayed the window runners with silicone Polish - problem solved ...

Two questions here:

1. How do I get at the window runners? Do I have to take the door card off?

2. What is the silicone polish you used?

Thanks!

HarryM1BYT
18th March 2015, 16:55
Two questions here:

1. How do I get at the window runners? Do I have to take the door card off?

2. What is the silicone polish you used?

Thanks!

Any silicon polish or fine spray lubricant will do it.

Lower the window down as low as it will go, spray along the channel - not forgetting the top and run it up and down a few times to distribute it.

Johnny2R
18th March 2015, 17:01
Any silicon polish or fine spray lubricant will do it.

Lower the window down as low as it will go, spray along the channel - not forgetting the top and run it up and down a few times to distribute it.

Sorry if I'm being stupid here, Harry, but it's the silicone polish thing which is confusing me. I have silicone lubricant. But isn't silicone polish something like Pledge, as mentioned in another thread? Do I use polish or lubricant?

HarryM1BYT
18th March 2015, 17:21
Sorry if I'm being stupid here, Harry, but it's the silicone polish thing which is confusing me. I have silicone lubricant. But isn't silicone polish something like Pledge, as mentioned in another thread? Do I use polish or lubricant?

Either, just don't use silicone grease - that will be too thick, too thick a coating.

Silicone is none sticky and doesn't attract dirt. Ordinary oil will.