PDA

View Full Version : Rear driveshaft nut

Stu C
12th March 2015, 18:58
Going to attempt to take the hub off the rear right hand wheel to change the handbrake back plate this weekend and want to double check something with you guys please :) Is this the same as the land rover freelander one with part number CDU1534? This is the Rover part number but it comes up with an L after the hnumber on ebay for Land Rover... First time i'm doing anything like this with the wheels and want to make sure i get it right.

According to various sources and the Haynes if i take the current nut off i need to replace it with a new one. So trying to edge on the side of caution and have a new one to hand encase it goes belly up when trying to put it all back together.

Many thanks

Stu

Doc Evil
12th March 2015, 19:20
Hi yes it's the same item just L for Landrover it's funny how the price can vary even though it's the same part
Doc

David Lawrence
12th March 2015, 19:26
Hi yes it's the same item just L for Landrover it's funny how the price can vary even though it's the same part
Doc

Here is the benefit of my experience.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=138026

Im sure if you buy from an official source you will get the right size, but many people sell is a the same but the actual hexagon part is bigger than the original. All fine if you have an extensive selection of sockets, but i had boughthe correct 32mm one just for this one job, only to have the new nut turn up bigger.

Doc Evil
12th March 2015, 19:34
Here is the benefit of my experience.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=138026

Im sure if you buy from an official source you will get the right size, but many people sell is a the same but the actual hexagon part is bigger than the original. All fine if you have an extensive selection of sockets, but i had boughthe correct 32mm one just for this one job, only to have the new nut turn up bigger.

Sorry I should have added that Rimmers parts are the same or other genuine rover parts I could not possibly comment on an eBay supplier it might be a poor copy
if in doubt always go with genuine parts
Try DMGRS he might do them and cheaply too
Doc

Stu C
13th March 2015, 12:26
Thanks for the replies and help guys! :D Much appreciated, another job for the weekend :duh:

suffolk boy
13th March 2015, 12:35
when doing this please note the plate is held on by 4 torx bolts t50 needed .but they are loctited into the arm.if you heat them this will enable them to come out by melting the loctite.if you do destroy the bolt head do not be tempted to grind the head off .it leaves nothing to get hold of when the plate is removed.which then will require drilling out.i wonder how i no this;)