PDA

View Full Version : HID kit affecting trailer lights?

TR75
12th March 2015, 20:51
We're going away for the weekend tomorrow in our folding camper, so I've just gone out and checked all the lights work on the trailer.

Indicators and brake lights work, but we haven't got one sidelight; back, front or number plate lights. I've been round and checked every bulb and connection as well as the plug - all seems fine. :shrug:

This is the first time I've hooked the trailer up since fitting my HID kit. Could this be affecting the non-functioning sidelights?

Dragrad
12th March 2015, 23:16
Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old.;)

Maybe a bit late, but this is the forum to get the answers, not that I can help you on this one :o:getmecoat::D

Sector-9
15th March 2015, 09:40
Very unlikely to be the cause if the vehicle lights are working correctly - have you checked for correct voltages at the 12N socket on the towbar? Most people when fitting towbar electrics use scotchlok type connectors and these can work loose/corrode over time causing poor or intermittent contact. If made in an area that's always dry then screw terminal blocks might be better, or if you're capable, soldered with heat-shrink insulation as per OEM standards.

klarzy
15th March 2015, 10:47
disconnect your headlights and see if after a battery reset the rest comes back on... gives you your answer and you can revert or look at the LSM...