PDA

View Full Version : Steering fluid loss

jscpch
13th March 2015, 07:47
2003 CDTi. Losing some steering fluid. No Obvious leak but the Hose assembly-return cooler to reservoir seems to be very 'oiled up' even shortly after cleaning. Is it likely the hose has become porous and is just leaching fluid?
Thanks for any advice.

SD1too
13th March 2015, 07:55
Is it likely the hose has become porous and is just leaching fluid?
I have seen this too. If the level in the reservoir is reducing at a rate consistent with the loss through the hose, then you may well have found the problem.

Simon

roverbarmy
13th March 2015, 09:32
Mine leaked there too and it was just the clip had lost its spring grip. A proper screw driven Jubilee clip cured the problem.;)
Mike

Perrin
14th March 2015, 13:09
Mine leaked there too and it was just the clip had lost its spring grip. A proper screw driven Jubilee clip cured the problem.;)
Mike

Exactly the same problem on mine, did the same and it's fine now.

super s
21st January 2016, 09:15
mine has also a bit of a leak, very small because it doesn t even low the level in the cooper...

it seems to be right down the cooper, where the pipe fits, is there a jubille clip to tight?

is that jubille that you guys have been thightning???

thanks in advance.

super s
22nd January 2016, 10:23
bump help.

super s
25th January 2016, 20:21
any help how to put the jubille, mine is leaking right where the Spring grip is, i have not been able to find another Spring grip, but i have a jubille screw one to put tomorrow, any special how to???

any caution???

i am afraid that i could tight to much the jubille and break the reservoir fitment for the pipe...

did you guys where happy with the result? and did you feel easily the thight jubille to stop screwing?

hope the english is understandable,

thanks.

DMGRS
25th January 2016, 22:31
The reservoir is pretty strong, as long as you don't go over-the-top you won't damage it.
Just remove the old spring clip and replace with Jubilee clip - and that's it. :)