PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Seat Belt

Greeners
13th March 2015, 07:50
I decided to pull the B pillar off and see if the drivers belt was beyond saving.

First thing was someone else had already been in there. Couple of bent broken and missing clips.

The height adjuster cable was loose and floppy and resting across the belt.

The real at the bottom was covered in fluff. At the top there's a pad that again was hanging off. Glued that back in the correct position.

Cleaned all the fluff out and wiped the belt with furniture polish as far down as the centre reel.

Pulled it in and out a few times.......As good as new now......:D

neilb740
13th March 2015, 07:56
I decided to pull the B pillar off and see if the drivers belt was beyond saving.

First thing was someone else had already been in there. Couple of bent broken and missing clips.

The real at the bottom was covered in fluff. At the top there's a pad that again was hanging off. Glued that back in the correct position.

Cleaned all the fluff out and wiped the belt with furniture polish as far down as the centre reel.

That might be worth a try, mine is a bit slow retracting as well.

I was worrying about it last MOT time, I think its a fail if it doesn't retract properly?

Doc Evil
13th March 2015, 14:55
Nice tip David
What are you doing with all the fluff, maybe you could knit a scarf!
Doc

jackatesme
13th March 2015, 16:09

I have similar problem with belt and slack height adjuster cable.Is b pillar easy to remove,is the pulley behind pillar or under carpet.

Greeners
13th March 2015, 17:06
I have similar problem with belt and slack height adjuster cable.Is b pillar easy to remove,is the pulley behind pillar or under carpet.

Yes just gently pride it out from under the door seals, and a long screwdriver to assist in levering off