PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hoses

turbo_billy
13th March 2015, 15:35
Urgent cry for help. Can someone give me contact details for where I can get hold of some radiator hoses for my ZT160 V6. Situated on the drivers side, they run from, and back to, the twin steel tubes that go across the car and I think they are the feed and return hoses to the oil cooler. Rimmers show the one at £47 and £34 for the other. Trouble is, the car is not useable as at least one is split so ideally need to get hold of a pair and fit over the weekend. Any help gratefully received.
Cheers
Tim

turbo_billy
13th March 2015, 16:42
Cheers John. Have got the old ones off and one is holed and the other nearly rubbed through :mad: Will pay a visit to the local motor factors tomorrow (if they are open) and see if they have anything useable, if not Harry`s is an option (as long as the hoses don`t fight me coming off like these did.)
Any more for any more?

turbo_billy
14th March 2015, 12:57
Just to close this off, I found to my delight that all the motor factors I visited no longer keep hoses in stock due to the sheer number and diversity. So, off to Harry Bucklands breakers and as John rightly said, a Rover 75 V6 just ripe for picking. Even better, the guy with the forklift happened to be passing and kindly obliged by lifting the front of the car up onto a pile of wheels to make removal even easier. Ended up removing the required hoses and the bottom steel rail. Just as well because when I got home one of the steel tubes was corroded through as well. System filled and bled, road tested and all seems well again. Just waiting for it to cool down and then recheck coolant level.