PDA

View Full Version : Will a U480 scanner work on a 53(2000) plate CDT?

Mangizmo
13th March 2015, 17:00
Will a U480 scanner work on a 53(2000) plate CDT?
Some confusion about whether my older 75 is can bus compliant, anybody know before I buy one?

V

Doc Evil
14th March 2015, 06:45
Hi
I am not familiar with that scanner but I doubt it most early Rover Diesels don't play ball with obd readers one of the Guru's should be able to tell you but in the meantime have a free bump

Doc

whitevanman
14th March 2015, 06:55
Ours doesn't, I spoke to PhilT4 last year about it and an upgrade to a later ecu seems the only option if you want to use your scanner.

2.2-600-vtec
14th March 2015, 07:49
I have the one up from that, it works on my mk2 and I have just updated the software on it, can you update that one to the software from the model above as that may work better

Mangizmo
15th March 2015, 05:54
Ours doesn't, I spoke to PhilT4 last year about it and an upgrade to a later ecu seems the only option if you want to use your scanner.

Well I will update this thread when it arrives as I had ordered one, I am prepared to find it wont work, but we have another car we can use it on and it was only £12.00 so not the end of the world
In the meantime , I have sussed which ABS sensor is faulty as I am told that as my speedo and milometer have also stopped working, it will be a problem with driver side front, will have a look today, great forum, thanks for the reply V

ceedy
15th March 2015, 08:35
Phil has done a firmware changeover my Existing dizzle ECU to make it OBD2 compatible . so same box, different software!

;)

Chris