PDA

View Full Version : Air Con not working

MevagisseyMedic
14th March 2015, 08:33
Hi my air con doesnt seem to be working,
The air con light is on when the the ignition is on but no sound of the air con working or getting cold.

any ideas what I can check.

Cheers

Billy1mate
14th March 2015, 08:48
Press the front screen 'demist' button on your climate control panel and see if your cooling fan starts running.

MevagisseyMedic
14th March 2015, 09:44
Yes fan comes on but have noticed heated rear screen doesn't come on together with demist

Billy1mate
14th March 2015, 09:58
Honest answer I'm don't know then, hopefully Arctic or SD1too might offer some assistance.
I assume your plenum is dry?

suzublu
14th March 2015, 10:06
Try this, http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46

SD1too
14th March 2015, 11:02
Yes fan comes on ...
Before checking the control system as Suzublu has recommended, let's see if your compressor is actually functioning.

OK Barry, recruit the services of an assistant then start the engine and press the 'Econ' button. Now open the bonnet and visually identify the air conditioning compressor. Ask your assistant to press the windscreen demist button whilst you listen carefully. You should hear a loud and deep clunk as the compressor clutch engages. Please report back.

Barry; do you use your air conditioning at least once a month all year round?
... have noticed heated rear screen doesn't come on together with demist
It shouldn't.

Simon

MevagisseyMedic
14th March 2015, 14:01
Hi SD1too

no sound from compressor.

also done the ATC System but diagnostic, it did not preform check.

end of last year it dumped a lot of fluid from both pipes underneath, after that I used it less. so last 2-3 months it hasn't been used at all

MM

SD1too
14th March 2015, 14:19
no sound from compressor ... end of last year it dumped a lot of fluid from both pipes underneath
It sounds very much as if you have no refrigerant in the system Barry. If so, that would be why it isn't working. ;) :D

Simon

MevagisseyMedic
14th March 2015, 14:37
Cheers, will go to Iceland for some.