PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Nattys wax from

Tatts
22nd May 2008, 13:32
The inside of the microwave oven?

I was mixing some white & blue & also decanting it into a larger container. Thought I'd melt it in the microwave. Set it going & had a visitor call at the house. Lots of plopping sounds & I realised what it was.

SWMBO is not happy.

empsburna
22nd May 2008, 13:33
wallpaper scraper FTW

willshot
22nd May 2008, 13:54
Probably made matters worse with SWMBO because that was the FIRST time you'd used the microwave :D:D:D;)

windrush
22nd May 2008, 15:15
Not quite as bad but many years ago when my boot polish was all dry and cracked I used to put it on the top of the oven to melt it left it too long and picked up a red hot tin you can guess the rest

trebor
22nd May 2008, 15:59
any pics of the inside of the microwave, bet its got a great shine and no swirls !

podge
22nd May 2008, 19:50
HAH!!!!!!!!!!! the first time we used one of those new fangled microwaves was in a little self catering cottage in Cornwall.We put the butter in a "cool bag" on the way down and I thought........lets defrost it in that thing, 5 minutes on high setting should do it!!!:(:o:shrug::lol:

stocktake
22nd May 2008, 20:16
Not quite as bad but many years ago when my boot polish was all dry and cracked I used to put it on the top of the oven to melt it left it too long and picked up a red hot tin you can guess the rest

Maaaaammy. my Maaaammy, i'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles ..............:D

JohnDotCom
22nd May 2008, 22:20
A New Microwave would be the Cheapest and easiest solution and keep SWMBO happy. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Jules
22nd May 2008, 23:35
Just seen some brand new in Woolies today.........£19.99
& Toasters for £4.99.....Outrageous:drool4: hardly worth cleaning them

Tatts
23rd May 2008, 09:00
Sorted!

Now got the cleanest, shiniest and swirl-free microwave oven in the world!

White spirit, elbow grease, kitchen roll & fortunately it's also a convection oven/grill.

Heh, gotta laugh!

Simon
23rd May 2008, 09:36
Hopefully all the white spirit has been washed out too otherwise next time you use the microwave....

... "BOOM!" :D :getmecoat:

Tatts
23rd May 2008, 10:04
Hopefully all the white spirit has been washed out too otherwise next time you use the microwave....

... "BOOM!" :D :getmecoat:

Yeah.....I suppose I should get round to telling SWMBO what I used. Sometime.
:)