PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Air Con Pipe.

ardvark
15th March 2015, 11:39
Had me air con tested the other day and have a hole worn thru the alloy pipe. The pipe in question is JUF000591 which is over £120 thru Rimmers. Is there an alternative that works and isn't as expensive as Rimmers?

andrewinpopayan
15th March 2015, 13:22
Had me air con tested the other day and have a hole worn thru the alloy pipe. The pipe in question is JUF000591 which is over £120 thru Rimmers. Is there an alternative that works and isn't as expensive as Rimmers?

I could get you a good second hand one off a scrapper.

MangoMan
15th March 2015, 13:23

I see what pipe it is, but not sure how long the piece is that you are referring to, but I had a leak in the high pressure pipe that ran down between the bulkhead and the engine and the engineer cut out the part with the leak and put another piece in.

This was nearly 4 years ago now and it's still good.

The chap came to my house did all the checks on the system, found the leak, repaired it, then refilled and tested the system all for £90.00. And it wasn't easy due to the location of the pipe!

I'm saying all this as an example of what can be done instead of buying a new pipe.

klarzy
15th March 2015, 13:28

remove the pipe, cut it cleanly at the hole and fit an appropriately sized hydraulic compression fitting...

regas..

andrewinpopayan
15th March 2015, 14:05
I'll bet it's the power steering pipe rubbing where it passes over the alloy air con pipe, I caught mine before it had chance to cut through, cut a couple of bits of garden hose to slip over them and cable tied them together.

DMGRS
15th March 2015, 23:09
I'll bet it's the power steering pipe rubbing where it passes over the alloy air con pipe, I caught mine before it had chance to cut through, cut a couple of bits of garden hose to slip over them and cable tied them together.

Yep, the same on mine - luckily caught in time. Very common. :(

Arctic
15th March 2015, 23:52

bang on the money get it tied back asap also. ;)

ardvark
16th March 2015, 04:36
Yep. That the one thats gone.

Doc Evil
16th March 2015, 04:54
Good tip by Arctic also watch the top large pipe isn't being rubbed away by the bonnet soundproofing adjacent to the shock absorber turret although in plain sight it seems to be forgotten
Scrapyard are a good source if you can find some without similar damage

Doc

andrewinpopayan
16th March 2015, 11:49
The alloy high pressure pipe where it passes the inner wing, there's a piece of the wiring harness passes below it, a real pinch point.

True about the bonnet soundproofing on the low pressure pipe near the o/s strut, I spotted that as well, I stuck some black self adhesive sponge rubber over both pipes at that point.