PDA

View Full Version : upgrading suspension ROVER 75

boogiedrummer
15th March 2015, 20:33
Hello everyone,
does anyone have any experience with the dampers for Rover 75 2,5 V6? I have recently installed H&R lowering springs and the handling is a lot better than before, however, when I hit a bump on the road, sometimes I hear a hit and I guess the original dampers donīt cope with the lowered car. Could you please recommend what dampers I should use to get rid of these hits. I also want to prevent from the damaging the arms, wishbones etc. I have 166000km on the clock, so I think even if I didnīt have lowering springs it would be just about time to buy new dampers anyway.

thank you very much in advance for any comments or advice.

cheers

boogiedrummer
16th March 2015, 09:24
Nobody knows?

Hello everyone,
does anyone have any experience with the dampers for Rover 75 2,5 V6? I have recently installed H&R lowering springs and the handling is a lot better than before, however, when I hit a bump on the road, sometimes I hear a hit and I guess the original dampers donīt cope with the lowered car. Could you please recommend what dampers I should use to get rid of these hits. I also want to prevent from the damaging the arms, wishbones etc. I have 166000km on the clock, so I think even if I didnīt have lowering springs it would be just about time to buy new dampers anyway.

thank you very much in advance for any comments or advice.

cheers

trimani
16th March 2015, 11:10
A Bump to help, cause I'm interested in the answer :shrug:

trimani (ALF)

clf
16th March 2015, 11:18
Nobody knows?
I don't know, but are all of your bushes OK and the strut top bearing?

I don't know how accurate my thoughts are, but fitting zt suspension should lower it all little at least, but firm it up also. there is an in depth discussion on spring dimensions and rebound rates. try a search for it. I am on my phone, I don't think I will be able to find it

clf
16th March 2015, 11:20
there is a Google doc in this thread http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=210492

boogiedrummer
16th March 2015, 12:31
bushes are brand new, the top struts will have to be replaced, but I donīthink this is the case as with the original springs everything was ok. I wouldnīt want to lower the car more as the H&R lowered it enough. So what shall I do? Shall risk it and try MG ZT ones? But the czech roads are not of the best quality and the current height of the car is just.

thanks a lot for your response.

I don't know, but are all of your bushes OK and the strut top bearing?

I don't know how accurate my thoughts are, but fitting zt suspension should lower it all little at least, but firm it up also. there is an in depth discussion on spring dimensions and rebound rates. try a search for it. I am on my phone, I don't think I will be able to find it

1gp
16th March 2015, 20:14
sounds like its hitting the bump stops..

minimutly
16th March 2015, 23:29
There are two versions of zt, comfort and sport I believe, you want sport.
My daughters Zt bottoms out when I give it beans on our B roads, but if you never do this you might be fine with comfort shocks.

boogiedrummer
17th March 2015, 08:10
I guess ZT comfort might be the right choise as the suspension having H&R springs is stiffer than before. and would like to have something between comfortable 75 and sportier MG ZT.
thanks guys, now I will have to search for the comfort MG dampers.

There are two versions of zt, comfort and sport I believe, you want sport.
My daughters Zt bottoms out when I give it beans on our B roads, but if you never do this you might be fine with comfort shocks.

boogiedrummer
17th March 2015, 08:35
I am still not sure whether to go for sport MG dampers or comfort ones... :-(

I guess ZT comfort might be the right choise as the suspension having H&R springs is stiffer than before. and would like to have something between comfortable 75 and sportier MG ZT.
thanks guys, now I will have to search for the comfort MG dampers.