PDA

View Full Version : VVC Inlet manifold

Mischief
16th March 2015, 09:48
As i am doing a bit of work to my car soon and as one of those things is the thermostat i have decided to change the inlet manifold for the VVC alloy one, just making sure but is this the correct one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311317614357

I'm sure there are 2 types on the left side 1 is angled and the other is vertical.

milford man
16th March 2015, 10:17
Yes that's the one. Obviously you will have to use the original parts off your old manifold. Injectors, map sensor, fuel rail & throttle body.

Regards John

Mischief
16th March 2015, 10:21
Yes that's the one. Obviously you will have to use the original parts off your old manifold. Injectors, map sensor, fuel rail & throttle body.

Regards John

Thanks :D I assumed I would need to transfer all of the ancillaries from the old one, also will the below link work? Apparently that uprated gasket will stop a lot of the engine heat getting to the manifold resulting in cooler air going into the engine.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221698684370

Thanks for your fast response :D

milford man
16th March 2015, 10:44
I just installed the normal gasket when I did mine last summer. Looks like the one in your link would fit but I don't think it would make much difference. One thing to watch out for is you will have to split the manifold into its two parts (new gasket needed) to fit the old alloy fuel rail. The alloy fuel rail is bulkier than the normal VVC fuel rail and when reassembling the two halves the rail was fouling the top. This meant that there was not an air tight seal between the two. I had to remove metal off the top part to get the parts to seal. Another member on here had the same problem.

Regards John

Mischief
16th March 2015, 10:55
I just installed the normal gasket when I did mine last summer. Looks like the one in your link would fit but I don't think it would make much difference. One thing to watch out for is you will have to split the manifold into its two parts (new gasket needed) to fit the old alloy fuel rail. The alloy fuel rail is bulkier than the normal VVC fuel rail and when reassembling the two halves the rail was fouling the top. This meant that there was not an air tight seal between the two. I had to remove metal off the top part to get the parts to seal. Another member on here had the same problem.

Regards John

Cheers, I will be getting it fitted for me so I don't break my engine lol, I have a few things to get fitted so I want to buy everything in 1 go Thermostat, Power steering pump and VVC inlet manifold. if i get them fitted all at once i only have to pay for labour charges once instead of multiple times ;)