PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Lights.

Berty Jones
16th March 2015, 20:04
Good evening all.

This is my first post asking for help, as the other things I needed I have already found, thanks to this great forum.

I recently bought a 2004 ZT+ diesel, and has Xenon lights fitted. I changes the bulb things as they originally had a stupid a not very effective blue colour to them, and now they are much brighter (6000k I believe) and far more effective.

However, the passenger side seems to sit lower. By that, I mean if I park in front of a wall, the left on points lower than the right. If that makes sense. I thought they were self levelling, so have no idea why this had done it.

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

klarzy
16th March 2015, 20:09
Good evening all.

This is my first post asking for help, as the other things I needed I have already found, thanks to this great forum.

I recently bought a 2004 ZT+ diesel, and has Xenon lights fitted. I changes the bulb things as they originally had a stupid a not very effective blue colour to them, and now they are much brighter (6000k I believe) and far more effective.

However, the passenger side seems to sit lower. By that, I mean if I park in front of a wall, the left on points lower than the right. If that makes sense. I thought they were self levelling, so have no idea why this had done it.

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Welcome to the club

by self levelling it refers to the lights as a pair pitching up and down in unison with the movement of the front suspension, each light can however be adjusted independently

you need to turn one of the white hexagonal sockets on the back of the light cluster... the one closer to the outside wing does right / left (ish) and the one in the middle of each cluster does up / down... you will need an 8 mm allen key (I think...)

Berty Jones
16th March 2015, 20:11
WOW! I didn't expect an instant response. Many thanks. I shall have a look tomorrow.

Billy1mate
16th March 2015, 20:15
WOW! I didn't expect an instant response. Many thanks. I shall have a look tomorrow.

With such a quick response, you have to go and do it now, thems the rules!;):D:getmecoat:

suzublu
16th March 2015, 20:16
If you have factory fitted xenons with self leveling, you need to check if one of the arms has inverted, see here...http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40424

Berty Jones
16th March 2015, 20:16
I would, but the headlight is pointing the wrong direction to see. Sorry.

klarzy
16th March 2015, 20:17
look at the pic in the middle of this post... the white wheel in the middle is attached to the socket you need...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=1939693&postcount=1

Berty Jones
16th March 2015, 20:20
look at the pic in the middle of this post... the white wheel in the middle is attached to the socket you need...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=1939693&postcount=1

Brilliant, thank you Klarzy. Top man!

klarzy
16th March 2015, 20:23
I would, but the headlight is pointing the wrong direction to see. Sorry.

if you stand in front of it with light clothing on then you bounce enough light back to see in the engine bay...;)

suzublu
16th March 2015, 20:27
Adjusting them won't do any good if the arms have flipped:shrug::getmecoat:

klarzy
16th March 2015, 20:29

but both would be off no? only one is in the OP's case...:shrug:

Berty Jones
16th March 2015, 20:31

Sorry? You have lost me.

suzublu
16th March 2015, 20:33
Only needs one to flip & it will point downwards, as the op's symptoms:shrug: He may, of course, not have the self levelling arms, in which case, then adjustment by the wheels would be the way:shrug: Read the link I posted, seems to point to the problem, pardon the pun:o:D

suzublu
16th March 2015, 20:34
Sorry? You have lost me.

Read the link I posted;)

Berty Jones
16th March 2015, 20:37
Read the link I posted;)

Thank you. Sorry I didn't see your link at first.

suzublu
16th March 2015, 20:41
Thank you. Sorry I didn't see your link at first.

No worries sir;) do you have a thumbwheel adjustment on the light switch:shrug: If you do, then you don't have self levelling arms, and do you actually have "Xenons" or just hid projectors:shrug::}

Polly
16th March 2015, 20:46
Only needs one to flip & it will point downwards, as the op's symptoms:shrug: He may, of course, not have the self levelling arms, in which case, then adjustment by the wheels would be the way:shrug: Read the link I posted, seems to point to the problem, pardon the pun:o:D

Only needs one link to flip to cause BOTH headlights to lower. Since the OP reports only one light low, I think we need to find another cause. Before adjusting as Klarzy's suggests, make sure the bulbs are properly fitted.

Berty Jones
16th March 2015, 20:46
No adjuster in the car. The lights themselves say Xenon Technology inside them.

suzublu
16th March 2015, 20:55
Only needs one link to flip to cause BOTH headlights to lower. Since the OP reports only one light low, I think we need to find another cause. Before adjusting as Klarzy's suggests, make sure the bulbs are properly fitted.

Yes of course, you are correct:bowdown: start with the obvious :D as he did say he'd fitted new bulbs:}