PDA

View Full Version : Help with bleeding the Clutch MG ZT Cdti

falkirkjohn
17th March 2015, 11:30
Hiya,
At last i got my dream car a MG ZT Cdti 135+ 2005.

Anyway here goes i had the usual prob going by the forum, sticky gears,
checked the CMC leaking and the OEM one.
I got a new CMC from DGMRS fitted it not an easy job....lol
So went to bleed the system but not getting anywhere...
I seem to have a wee leak at the Quick Connector but i've pushed it in as much as i can. I can give it a small wiggle which might suggest not in properly...

It's driving me mad....... Oh the joys of MG ZT ownership;)

John

Jobs to do: Plenum's cleaned, new stat,a good wash and polish..

FrenchMike
17th March 2015, 13:14
Hi ,be welcome :}

You're not alone,see:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=210516

Mike

falkirkjohn
17th March 2015, 15:19
Hi Mike thanks for the link..
I've just checked it all again disconnected the quick release solid clutch pedal.
Connected pumped peddle for a minute left went back 15mins later gave it another few pumps, checked after 5mins and a leak at the bottom of the quick connector where the male goes into the female.:shrug:

I can feel the clutch engaging but it makes a strange grinding rumbling noise (the battery is still out!! don't want to chew the Gearbox etc):duh:

When i bleed the clutch it doesn't return after the 5 pumps but ok when re-pumped.

I never done this job before but i think the prob is the quick connector.
I've left Mat at DMGRS another msg so waiting for an answer, he thought a nut not tightened at the copper pipe end.

I wonder if i could get a quick connector anywhere to try it??

Cheers

John

FrenchMike
17th March 2015, 15:36
Hi Mike thanks for the link..
I've just checked it all again disconnected the quick release solid clutch pedal.
Connected pumped peddle for a minute left went back 15mins later gave it another few pumps, checked after 5mins and a leak at the bottom of the quick connector where the male goes into the female.:shrug:

I can feel the clutch engaging but it makes a strange grinding rumbling noise (the battery is still out!! don't want to chew the Gearbox etc):duh:

When i bleed the clutch it doesn't return after the 5 pumps but ok when re-pumped.

I never done this job before but i think the prob is the quick connector.
I've left Mat at DMGRS another msg so waiting for an answer, he thought a nut not tightened at the copper pipe end.

I wonder if i could get a quick connector anywhere to try it??

Cheers

John

Check closely at the O ring .and swap with the old ?
On mine , it was the nut not tightened enough copper pipe side .

The pedal must be solid with quick connector open
And after bleeding a simple manual return of the pedal is necessairy

falkirkjohn
17th March 2015, 15:47
I'll give that a try fingers crossed. Mat said maybe a faulty female connector but when i took it off was dry

falkirkjohn
17th March 2015, 15:49
forgot to say i checked the nut the copper pipe side its ok. The leak defo at the QC bit

FrenchMike
17th March 2015, 15:52
forgot to say i checked the nut the copper pipe side its ok. The leak defo at the QC bit

Swap all bits what you can with the old one ?

falkirkjohn
17th March 2015, 16:19
The only part i can swap is the "o" ring....lol as it's the TAZU CMC
But that's def worth ago:)

falkirkjohn
17th March 2015, 16:54
"o" ring changed will post an update. I've pumped the system to build up some pressure, lets see what happens:)

FrenchMike
17th March 2015, 17:06
"o" ring changed will post an update. I've pumped the system to build up some pressure, lets see what happens:)

You can maintain the pressure like that:

Wait and see what happens (and possibly bleed by this way)

DocWilliams
18th March 2015, 12:23
Hi falkirkjohn,

Do you have the dimensions of the o-ring (original or new), if it is out of the car (I have sent a pm to tazu_parts)? I have (or had) a slight leak from my connector, changed CMC 3 weeks ago with the tazu kit from DMGRS. I cleaned mine up last night, refitted and bled, but I'm thinking that the fluid is passing around the o-ring and I won't be taking it out again until the take up drops down closer to the floor. Unfortunately I disposed of my original CMC after changing it :duh: Otherwise I will swap out the quick fit connector with a linking piece of brake pipe as my slave cylinder pipe also has the M10 male nut.

Thanks for any help!