PDA

View Full Version : Reverse sensors

fraz59
18th March 2015, 15:18
Every since I purchases the car the revers sensors have worked sometimes fine the next a constant buzz sound

It is getting annoying now !!!

Today have taken the bumper off to check the wiring as read this is the suspect. And everything was fine there and I think someone has been there before as the joint had wax coming out the heat shrink

have checked all the sensors and they are all ticking away...though I would say one or two are slightly louder than the others

They can work fine...... indeed after fitting the bumper they worked fine. Tried them again and right away the constant buzzing

So what next ??? mean time I have disconnected them at the rear bumper

Reebs
18th March 2015, 20:48
You have one or more sensors that are intermittently faulty I'm afraid. If the tone is continuous then it means that one is giving a false reading, it believes that there is an object very close to the sensor so is giving out that signal to the ECU. If when you put the car into reverse you had a constant tone but it then stopped after about 20 seconds, that means the ECU is not getting any signal at all from a sensor and a fault is logged.

The only real answer is to hook it up to a T4, get an Intravee ipod system if you have the highline sat nav, or try replacing each of the sensors one by one until the fault goes away.

I had this exact same problem on both my ZT-T and Rover 75. Replacing the faulty sensors cured the problem.

fraz59
18th March 2015, 21:12
So a new sensor (or more) and then have to get them painted as well

It does the 20 second buzz now as I have them disconnected

I presume new is not an option ?? so will have to be a trip to scrap yard ...unless I find some one here or ebay

Thank you

Reebs
18th March 2015, 21:22
They are available new still from xpart or Rimmer Bros unpainted in primer, or you can indeed buy used ones as I did for a set of four this week from a member. Like you, I have a Monogram car, so have to get them painted. There is a body shop near me that charges £35 for a set of four to be painted in Lagoon Supertallic. They were Starlight Silver originally.

Jordan Apex
18th March 2015, 21:23
They are available new still from xpart or Rimmer Bros unpainted in primer, or you can indeed buy used ones as I did for a set of four this week from a member. Like you, I have a Monogram car, so have to get them painted. There is a body shop near me that charges £35 for a set of four to be painted in Lagoon Supertallic. They were Starlight Silver originally.

Do they work okay Paul? :)

Reebs
18th March 2015, 21:25
Don't know yet Jordan, I'm waiting for them to come back from the paint shop before I take the bumper off and plug them in to check them ;) Fingers crossed :o

Heddy
18th March 2015, 21:30
So a new sensor (or more) and then have to get them painted as well

It does the 20 second buzz now as I have them disconnected

I presume new is not an option ?? so will have to be a trip to scrap yard ...unless I find some one here or ebay

Thank you

I ordered one from cossie dunc tonight, dunno if he has any more, he's a lot nearer you than he is to me too:}

Doc Evil
18th March 2015, 21:36
Don't know yet Jordan, I'm waiting for them to come back from the paint shop before I take the bumper off and plug them in to check them ;) Fingers crossed :o

I would have checked them first Paul you may end up with some Lagoon colour paperweights

Doc

Reebs
18th March 2015, 21:48
I would have checked them first Paul you may end up with some Lagoon colour paperweights

Doc

Yes I know :getmecoat: But the thought of playing musical bumpers out weighed the risk of blowing £35 on four duff ones. At least I should get a couple that work.....I hope :oops:

Jordan Apex
18th March 2015, 21:58

Fingers crossed indeed :) hope they work out :D

fraz59
21st March 2015, 12:12
All sorted now ( I hope) went over to Cossie Dunc's got two replacement sensor's

cleaned,painted and fitted today...and no constant buzzing now

thank you for the pointers

Reebs
21st March 2015, 15:44
They are available new still from xpart or Rimmer Bros unpainted in primer, or you can indeed buy used ones as I did for a set of four this week from a member.

Do they work okay Paul? :)

Doc

Yes I know :getmecoat: But the thought of playing musical bumpers out weighed the risk of blowing £35 on four duff ones. At least I should get a couple that work.....I hope :oops:

Fingers crossed indeed :) hope they work out :D

Well they all work perfectly and are now a pleasant shade of Bold Turquoise :cool:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/image.jpg1_11.jpg

Jordan Apex
21st March 2015, 16:23
Marvellous news :) I do hope you remembered to get the surrounds done too :D

fraz59
21st March 2015, 20:38
did not need to do the surrounds

Doc Evil
21st March 2015, 20:58
Well they all work perfectly and are now a pleasant shade of Bold Turquoise :cool:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/image.jpg1_11.jpg

Shame I was looking forward to buying some Lagoon paperweights from you for 50p lol:D

Glad they all work, they look great
Doc