PDA

View Full Version : Loose tappet sound

hangman3
18th March 2015, 15:42
Hi my 1.8 K series 75 is sounding like it has a loose tappet & is very prominent. Is this possible or is there something else it could be?
I also have an intermittent brake wear light (more often than not) & a less regular (not so often) SRS light.
Any helpful suggestions or solutions please?

T-Cut
18th March 2015, 17:51
Go to the top ofthe main page here:http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

You'll see the Google Search option. Open that and in the search box type: slack tappet simulator

I suspect you'll find the answer.

TC

Doc Evil
18th March 2015, 19:56
Tappets do fail as in they wear they have also been known to crack however I would question the oil you have used as the tappets can get gummed up. I believe Magnetec, makes the top end noisy, I have never used it but found Comma oil made mine noisy until I swapped to Mobil runs lovely and quiet now

Doc

SD1too
19th March 2015, 07:16
I also have an intermittent brake wear light (more often than not) ...
Either one of the offside brake pads has worn, thus triggering the sensor, or the sensor cable has released itself from the clip on the suspension strut, touched the tyre and suffered damage. Take off the wheels and have a look.
... a less regular (not so often) SRS light.
A well known irritation also suffered by German cars. It's probably an electrical connector under the driver's seat. Search the forum for information. Try using "airbag light" for starters.

Simon