PDA

View Full Version : Washer Pump

robertferg
20th March 2015, 15:13
Hi There. My CDTI Contemporary SE has failed MOT on windscreen washers not operating. I have so far changed the pump, Control stalk and checked all fuses and relays. I bought a multimeter and discovered there is no power to the pump. I have traced the wires as far as I can and all looks ok. Took car to an auto electrician who has suggested I change the BCU. As everything else the BCU controls is working fine im reluctant to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions to what the possible cause may be.
Thanks in advance
Rob

Walter
20th March 2015, 15:52
look for your nearest T4 man on this site, there best bet ;)

350zwelgje
20th March 2015, 17:00
Probably checked, but is the fuse ok?
In that case it could be that other linked items would not work either.
No handbook to hand, so can't look it up.
Same if bcu is not ok, probably more than one thing isn't functioning correctly.

Rob

robertferg
21st March 2015, 08:57
Probably checked, but is the fuse ok?
In that case it could be that other linked items would not work either.
No handbook to hand, so can't look it up.
Same if bcu is not ok, probably more than one thing isn't functioning correctly.

Rob

Fuses checked and changed, same goes for relays, there is 5 mamp at pump live and control stalk Just no 12v to pump

Arctic
21st March 2015, 09:17
Hi Robert
Is it the washers that are not working or the wipers ? I note you say no 12v to the pump, I would take it that you have double checked the wiring closest to the pump as some times they can break and are hard to see.

if it is the washers then check the little grommet filter in the bottom of the washer bottle, remove it and clean it out.

PS at the same time clean out the washer bottle with some diluted bleach once clean washer out with clean water put it all back together fill with screen wash ;)