PDA

View Full Version : Lost key

Smood
19th March 2015, 14:33
Hi eveyone, my problem may not be as easily resolved although I hope im wrong.
I recieved only one key when I bought the car and now its lost. Been looking for 3 entire days and am at my wits end. What options do I have to get a replacement key via the kind forum experts? Since I no longer have the correct blade. I did however buy I used key off ebay complete with circuit and immobiliser unit. Do I have any options short of paying full whack via Germany etc ?

All advice greatly appreciated
many thanks for reading
Sid
Edinburgh

and yes I have sent a couple of pm's also

Dragrad
20th March 2015, 23:12
Post moved to a more appropriate forum. As the thread you posted to was last visited in 2011 :eek:;):D:D

I think that your query would be best answered here in your own thread, I trust that the gurus will be along shortly :}
PM sent to OP to indicate redirect ;)

BigRuss
20th March 2015, 23:48
Firstly have you got key cover on your car or household insurance?

If so that would help in costs at least ;)

Losing an only key is not going to be cheap whichever way you do it.

The simplest method is to order a key via X-part which will allow you to enter the car and start it, and after it's been on T4 the remote will work too.

Alternatively use an Automotive locksmith to produce a working key and blade but expect to pay about the same or more.

The only other way is a complete lockset, immobiliser and EMS ecu from a matching donor car. Although to do that you would need to access your car to change the locks which may incur damage, the ignition barrel can only be easily removed with the matching key so it would have to be drilled out or alternatively fit a complete steering column with the donor lockset. Not a cheap or particularly simple solution.

Sorry to say but they are the only ways to do it, none of the traders on here who offer the key service will be able to help in these circumstances I'm afraid as far as I am aware unless they have the necessary parts to do the third option.

Russ

Russ