PDA

View Full Version : External temp display

190SETOURING
21st March 2015, 16:22
Hi guys, my external temp display is stuck and only reads 50c. Any ideas what could be wrong?:shrug:

Greeners
21st March 2015, 21:21
Usually the display is 30 degrees when the sensor is disconnected

I would try a battery reset first failing that bumper off and check the wiring for damage

klarzy
21st March 2015, 21:38
could be shorted out or some water / corrosion in the loom over the wheel arch on the battery side...

roverbarmy
22nd March 2015, 07:11
I see that the weather has improved somewhat in Huntingdon? :D
Mike

190SETOURING
22nd March 2015, 14:16
Usually the display is 30 degrees when the sensor is disconnected

I would try a battery reset first failing that bumper off and check the wiring for damage

I did have the bumper off yesterday to polish the headlamps, didnt notice anything wrong but im thinking some sort of short in the wireing somewhere. Another little job on the list!

Thanks for input guys.

Doc Evil
22nd March 2015, 16:55
Hi
you may have trapped or damaged a cable working on the bumper it is common to find that the temp goes wrong after a bumper removal check all your connections and wires for chaffing

Doc

190SETOURING
22nd March 2015, 17:40
Hi
you may have trapped or damaged a cable working on the bumper it is common to find that the temp goes wrong after a bumper removal check all your connections and wires for chaffing

Doc

Should have said it was like it before i took the bumper off:o

Doc Evil
22nd March 2015, 20:11
Righto if you disconnected the external temp sender it can take time to settle down to correct reading
If it's g stuck on 50 you need to check out the wiring thoroughly
Doc