PDA

View Full Version : stocktake vis motors running after car turned off

hogesar
21st March 2015, 17:15
Hi,

I own a zt190 previously of Weso!

Im sure he told me the vis motors on this were replaced by sone custom ones made by someone called Stocktake or similar.

Anyway, ive just noticed the motor seems to continuously bopen and close, even when the engine is turned off. Is there a solution to this?

stocktake
21st March 2015, 17:20
Its not a Vis motor failure. Sounds like the balance flap has failed behind the balance motor, this can occur if the flap is previously weakened or not cleaned correctly before installation. It will continue to rotate for a couple of minutes after you remove the key.

You need to find yourself a replacement balance flap. They are not available on their own new.
Best to visit a breakers or ask a trader on here to buy one.
Until you replace the flap simply unplug the motor It is the one on the side of the manifold at the drivers side.

You may need to reset the motor in the correct position before you fit the new flap. if it doesn't line up get in touch I will help you reset it over the phone if we can.

If you manage to locate a balance flap I am actually in Norwich on the 2nd of April around lunch time. Happy to pop in and show you what to do.

Typhoon190
21st March 2015, 17:25
I can help with a replacement balance butterfly if needed. :}

Arctic
21st March 2015, 19:02
Its not a Vis motor failure. Sounds like the balance flap has failed behind the balance motor, this can occur if the flap is previously weakened or not cleaned correctly before installation. It will continue to rotate for a couple of minutes after you remove the key.

You need to find yourself a replacement balance flap. They are not available on their own new.
Best to visit a breakers or ask a trader on here to buy one.
Until you replace the flap simply unplug the motor It is the one on the side of the manifold at the drivers side.

You may need to reset the motor in the correct position before you fit the new flap. if it doesn't line up get in touch I will help you reset it over the phone if we can.

If you manage to locate a balance flap I am actually in Norwich on the 2nd of April around lunch time. Happy to pop in and show you what to do.

I can help with a replacement balance butterfly if needed. :}

Two generous offers how can anyone refuse them :bowdown::bowdown: and from two nice players as well ;) Mr vis to the rescue :D

hogesar
21st March 2015, 19:20
Massive thanks guys. Stocktake, fantastic offer. I have unplugged it for now. Good to know its not the motors themselves! Thanks a lot to Trophy too, ill send you a pm to arrange some money and address info.

Stocktake, 2nd April sounds ideal, ill happily pay you for your time!

stocktake
21st March 2015, 19:23
ill happily pay you for your time!

Tea, white, no sugar :)

Pm me your address and I will stick it in my diary.
Just a caveat: if work schedule changes I will let you know :)

trimani
21st March 2015, 19:30
Great Post.

Terrific offers of help.

The Forum & Members working at their best :bowdown:

trimani (ALF)

ChestersDad
22nd March 2015, 05:44
What a bloomin' nice read to satrt my day - well done guys - great Club! :bowdown:

DMGRS
22nd March 2015, 17:33
Excellent offers of help - a lovely read. Well done guys.

dmt68
22nd March 2015, 19:49
this is exactly what this forum should be all about... members helping other members, with one shared common goal.......... keeping our beloved 75s &zts on the road ! well done to all concerned.:bowdown:

Weso
27th March 2015, 14:04
Good to see my old ZT is in good hands and still being taken care of by traders on this very forum...:D

PS VIS Motors are stocktake's finest and instaled as a pair by Phil T4 last August I believe.:}

stocktake
27th March 2015, 15:28
My work schedule is currently unchanged, Norwich Thursday :)

chris75
27th March 2015, 15:59
What an excellent result for the OP . Well done both helpers :}

Rev Jules
27th March 2015, 16:33
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE

I didn't think the flap rotated I thought it only flipped closed 90degrees.

Julien

stocktake
27th March 2015, 16:47
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE

I didn't think the flap rotated I thought it only flipped closed 90degrees.

Julien

The flap should only rotate through 90deg. It is the flap that stops the motor that naturally runs on with the inertia after the power is cut by the cam hitting the microswitch.
As my first post on this thread some older flaps have known to be fatigued and if not free to move through that 90 degree can sheer off, seen it a few times on standard vis motors.

Then what happens, as the vis motor uses the flap to stop its travel is the motor over rotates, the cam passes the microswitch and power is restored so the motor continues to rotate

stocktake
2nd April 2015, 17:47
And...........................sorted :)

bl52krz
2nd April 2015, 22:26
And once again................three cheers for Dave (Stocktake)

mh007
2nd April 2015, 23:53
What a great thread !

I'm also on the lookout for a balance flap if anyone has one for sale please ?

billatyork
5th February 2019, 08:59
I live in east sussex I need to find someone that can service and have a look and fix a vis motor problem I live in Mayfield so so someone in east or west Sussex hope someone can help

Thank you

Bullnose75
5th February 2019, 09:07
I live in east sussex I need to find someone that can service and have a look and fix a vis motor problem I live in Mayfield so so someone in east or west Sussex hope someone can help

Thank you

Send Stocktake a pm about your vis motor prob mate. I'm sure he'll sort out any vis motor related probs you have.
He sorted out mine real quick !

stocktake
5th February 2019, 10:22
Post on here or send me a PM. I can certainly help. :)