PDA

View Full Version : Rear tyres

desmondjh
22nd March 2015, 00:50
Our 2002 Rover 75 with140000 Klms on clock, is starting to scrub the left hand rear tyre, scolloping the outside edge, the other 3 tyres are all very good.
All rubber bushes appear OK when on the hoist & car steers straight.
There is a slight knocking sound coming from the front suspension when driving slowly over uneven driveways particularly when reversing, haven't been able to pick where this noise is coming from so far but would not expect this to affect the rear tyre wear.
Are there any adjustments that can be made to correct this using a rear wheel alignment machine.
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Evansabove
22nd March 2015, 13:14
You probably need to get it on a 4 wheel alignment jig. The rear wheels do have some adjustment. I had all sorts of wear patterns until I had the 4 wheel check done. The 2 wheel front only is not good enough. You should get a before and after printout from the garage to show what a good job they have done!!!

Good Luck

John

T-Cut
22nd March 2015, 14:10
There is a slight knocking sound coming from the front suspension when driving slowly

But have it fixed first. I'd suggest visiting a tracking depot and ask them to check over the complete suspension, fix as necessary and then have it tracked.

TC